Hayneedle

Updated Nov 19, 2014
Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.3

Editor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hayneedle.

I had two current employees recommend me, so this may have expedited my personal process. However, the recruiter called me within a few days of my application submission requesting that I fill out a short writing test. Sent it back later that day (although she gave me more time - it was nice not to feel pressured). She called back that afternoon to set up an interview. The interview consisted of meeting with her for about a half hour during which time she asked standard interview questions (Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a challenge, etc.). Then, I met with who would be my supervisor and another team member. Culture is very important to this company, so I think it was partly a qualifications interview, partly a test to see if I'd fit in culturally. My friend told me that usually this second meeting with the supervisor is scheduled for a different day, but when they go ahead and do it right away it is a good sign that you're at the top of their list. One week later they called and offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • I always get tripped up on this one: "What is your greatest weakness?"   Answer Question
    Mine was an hourly position, so I didn't feel I had much room to negotiate, but they offered a competitive wage so I also didn't feel as if I wanted to. I filled out paperwork, took a drug test, and started soon after.

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hayneedle in October 2014.

I showed up to the "Career Fair". Once you get there you wait a few minutes to meet with someone before you complete 2 easy customer service and computer assessments. Then you meet with someone for the interview. Normal interview questions. They were just looking for someone who is customer service oriented. It was a prompt/straight to the point job offer. If you are looking for employment at this company I would DEFINITELY suggest going to the career fairs!!!

Go to the Career Fair!!!

DC Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hayneedle in August 2014.

Originally came in via a job fair. It's a bit impersonal, but it's really the only way they'll offer you an interview. Overall interview was pretty standard. I was told I would get a call back in a week, which they had fulfilled. Orientation was done before training to make the first day as smooth and pain free as possible.

Interview Questions
    Pay was non-negotiable as a seasonal employee.

Senior Customer Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hayneedle in July 2014.

I applied online, then they had a career fair at the location. I went in and took the asessment test and skills test in a group setting. I was then called into a room to review my scores. I passed with flying colors. I was then taken in to a closed room for a 1 on 1 interview. Basic questions. and Was informed of the hours and insurace that i would get. What the job was about. Senario questions, and all that. They said i had the job if i wanted it. I went and took the UA, passed, and then i went through a pretty vigorous 3 week training. There is A LOT of info to learn. It was not easy by any means. There was 3 different tests at the end of the training. You had to pass all of them to keep your job. It was quite stressful.

Online Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hayneedle.

Was contacted via telephone to set up an initial telephone interview. Process took about one week. Quick turnaround in terms of communication on process. Called me back about 3 days after the interview to update me. Relatively average interview in terms of difficulty.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected - typical, "Tell us about yourself," "Where do you see yourself in 5 years" questions.   Answer Question

Site Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hayneedle.

The interview wasn't great. I didn't feel like the person doing the interviewing had any training or skill associated with learning what I might contribute to the job.

Interview Questions
    there was a little back and forth, but the offer for the most part was firm.

Floor Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hayneedle.

Interview started off with a informational meeting of company history with other interviewees and then we were separated for the interview process. The first question was why I left my last job. This was followed by questions pertaining to my Resume.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to give an example of decision I made at work that could have been positive or negative and what the outcome was. What kind of leadership style I have. What kind of leadership style do I prefer from my boss. Give an example of a tough experience with another associate and the outcome.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hayneedle in February 2012.

This wasn't the first time I had interviewed with Hayneedle, so the recruiter did know a little bit about me and my background before hand. The process was started when my resume was passed to the hiring manager from someone in upper management whom I'd worked with previously. Within a week, I was contacted to set up an interview. I first was asked some basic questions about my professional skills and personal experiences by the recruiter and then was able to sit 1:1 with the manager. I was given a thorough briefing of the job and had some time to build rapport. It was very conversation-like and I could tell that this was a place that I'd like to be. After another week, I was called and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • How can my past experiences most positively affect this role?   Answer Question
    • Please go into detail how you utilized reporting tools in your last job?   Answer Question
    No, the few things that I asked for were non-negotiable ... but for good reason. I'd advise others considering an offer to just ask. The worst that happens is they say no.

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hayneedle in February 2012.

I was an internal candidate for the position. At the call center the supervisors set aside time for their team members looking to advance within the company. I went through mock interviews. I had my initial interview with our HR recruiter. They review your resume and past work history to determine if you are a qualified candidate for the position that you seek. If you are then they help you prepare to interview with the manager of the department.

Interview Questions
    • I always have a hard time when asked. What is your greatest weakness? I always find the STAR technique to work with every difficult question. I think this question is aimed to find how much tact you have in sticky situations   View Answer
    I did not negotiate, I was an internal hire and I was given an offer that was very worth while.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hayneedle in January 2012.

I encountered a very laid back atmosphere and casual dress code. The one on one interview took place within a half an hour. The interviewer was very nice. There really weren't any challenging questions asked.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years.   View Answer