Hayneedle Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

2.3

Site Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hayneedle (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Pretty straight forward, did intro interview with HR and then 2 rounds with people from the department. The interviews were all on the same day - stayed in one room and the interviewers came to me so nice I didn't have to shuffle around. Some of the questions were the same from each person so not sure if there is a script they refer to or not. Overall process too about 3 weeks.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hayneedle.

Interview

Had a phone call interview with HR that was pretty "meh". Had an in person interview with the hiring manager and the hiring manager's boss. They asked more detailed experience questions. Honestly, I think this interview was a joke. If you showed a mediocre amount of experience and could get along with the two, then I think you could get the offer. Had an interview with 2 peers. Again, behavioral based questions. I don't think the two had much experience with interviews. Again, didn't take much to impress. Overall, I think their interview process should be much more rigorous.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a signing bonus since I was taking a step back in salary.

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hayneedle.

Interview

I had two current employees recommend me, so this may have expedited my personal process. However, the recruiter called me within a few days of my application submission requesting that I fill out a short writing test. Sent it back later that day (although she gave me more time - it was nice not to feel pressured). She called back that afternoon to set up an interview. The interview consisted of meeting with her for about a half hour during which time she asked standard interview questions (Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a challenge, etc.). Then, I met with who would be my supervisor and another team member. Culture is very important to this company, so I think it was partly a qualifications interview, partly a test to see if I'd fit in culturally. My friend told me that usually this second meeting with the supervisor is scheduled for a different day, but when they go ahead and do it right away it is a good sign that you're at the top of their list. One week later they called and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• I always get tripped up on this one: "What is your greatest weakness?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Mine was an hourly position, so I didn't feel I had much room to negotiate, but they offered a competitive wage so I also didn't feel as if I wanted to. I filled out paperwork, took a drug test, and started soon after.

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hayneedle (Omaha, NE) in October 2014.

Interview

I showed up to the "Career Fair". Once you get there you wait a few minutes to meet with someone before you complete 2 easy customer service and computer assessments. Then you meet with someone for the interview. Normal interview questions. They were just looking for someone who is customer service oriented. It was a prompt/straight to the point job offer. If you are looking for employment at this company I would DEFINITELY suggest going to the career fairs!!!

Negotiation

Go to the Career Fair!!!

DC Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hayneedle in August 2014.

Interview

Originally came in via a job fair. It's a bit impersonal, but it's really the only way they'll offer you an interview. Overall interview was pretty standard. I was told I would get a call back in a week, which they had fulfilled. Orientation was done before training to make the first day as smooth and pain free as possible.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay was non-negotiable as a seasonal employee.

Senior Customer Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hayneedle (Omaha, NE) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online, then they had a career fair at the location. I went in and took the asessment test and skills test in a group setting. I was then called into a room to review my scores. I passed with flying colors. I was then taken in to a closed room for a 1 on 1 interview. Basic questions. and Was informed of the hours and insurace that i would get. What the job was about. Senario questions, and all that. They said i had the job if i wanted it. I went and took the UA, passed, and then i went through a pretty vigorous 3 week training. There is A LOT of info to learn. It was not easy by any means. There was 3 different tests at the end of the training. You had to pass all of them to keep your job. It was quite stressful.

Customer Care Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hayneedle (Omaha, NE) in July 2014.

Interview

There were a lot of people for a job fair. We sat in the break room waiting for your name to be called. Then waiting in the training room to test and back to the break room. Interview was quick with person that helped

Online Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hayneedle.

Interview

Was contacted via telephone to set up an initial telephone interview. Process took about one week. Quick turnaround in terms of communication on process. Called me back about 3 days after the interview to update me. Relatively average interview in terms of difficulty.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected - typical, "Tell us about yourself," "Where do you see yourself in 5 years" questions.   Answer Question

Site Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hayneedle.

Interview

The interview wasn't great. I didn't feel like the person doing the interviewing had any training or skill associated with learning what I might contribute to the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was a little back and forth, but the offer for the most part was firm.

Floor Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hayneedle.

Interview

Interview started off with a informational meeting of company history with other interviewees and then we were separated for the interview process. The first question was why I left my last job. This was followed by questions pertaining to my Resume.

Interview Questions

• Asked to give an example of decision I made at work that could have been positive or negative and what the outcome was. What kind of leadership style I have. What kind of leadership style do I prefer from my boss. Give an example of a tough experience with another associate and the outcome.   Answer Question