Hayneedle

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Customer Service Advocate Interview

Senior Customer Service Advocate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hayneedle in April 2011.

Interview Details – You come for the fair, you fill out the application. They have to take an internet test. If you pass, they have you interview for the sales job. If that goes well and you are interested in the service position, they will have you interview a second time that same day. After that, you will receive a phone call to be notified if you have the job.

Interview Question – I had to sell the recruiter an item on the desk.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me, by phone, my choice of two time slots that were available for my schedule. They give the schedules out by order of preferable applicant. If they liked you more, you will get first pick.

Online Marketing Specialist Interview

Online Marketing Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hayneedle.

Interview Details – Was contacted via telephone to set up an initial telephone interview. Process took about one week. Quick turnaround in terms of communication on process. Called me back about 3 days after the interview to update me. Relatively average interview in terms of difficulty.

Interview Question – Nothing too unexpected - typical, "Tell us about yourself," "Where do you see yourself in 5 years" questions.   Answer Question

Site Manager Interview

Site Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hayneedle.

Interview Details – The interview wasn't great. I didn't feel like the person doing the interviewing had any training or skill associated with learning what I might contribute to the job.

Interview Question – the questions weren't very thought provoking or hard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was a little back and forth, but the offer for the most part was firm.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Floor Supervisor Interview

Floor Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hayneedle.

Interview Details – Interview started off with a informational meeting of company history with other interviewees and then we were separated for the interview process. The first question was why I left my last job. This was followed by questions pertaining to my Resume.

Interview Question – Asked to give an example of decision I made at work that could have been positive or negative and what the outcome was. What kind of leadership style I have. What kind of leadership style do I prefer from my boss. Give an example of a tough experience with another associate and the outcome.   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Interview

Accounts Payable
Omaha, NE

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hayneedle in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was an internal candidate for the position. At the call center the supervisors set aside time for their team members looking to advance within the company. I went through mock interviews. I had my initial interview with our HR recruiter. They review your resume and past work history to determine if you are a qualified candidate for the position that you seek. If you are then they help you prepare to interview with the manager of the department.

Interview Question – I always have a hard time when asked. What is your greatest weakness? I always find the STAR technique to work with every difficult question. I think this question is aimed to find how much tact you have in sticky situations   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, I was an internal hire and I was given an offer that was very worth while.

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Omaha, NE

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hayneedle in February 2012.

Interview Details – This wasn't the first time I had interviewed with Hayneedle, so the recruiter did know a little bit about me and my background before hand. The process was started when my resume was passed to the hiring manager from someone in upper management whom I'd worked with previously. Within a week, I was contacted to set up an interview. I first was asked some basic questions about my professional skills and personal experiences by the recruiter and then was able to sit 1:1 with the manager. I was given a thorough briefing of the job and had some time to build rapport. It was very conversation-like and I could tell that this was a place that I'd like to be. After another week, I was called and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How can my past experiences most positively affect this role?   Answer Question
  • Please go into detail how you utilized reporting tools in your last job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, the few things that I asked for were non-negotiable ... but for good reason. I'd advise others considering an offer to just ask. The worst that happens is they say no.

Buyer Interview

Buyer
Omaha, NE

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hayneedle in July 2011.

Interview Details – I was signed up to get email alerts of relevant job postings. Saw job for buyer online, but did not apply online. Gave my resume to a friend who worked at Hayneedle who walked it over to HR. HR then called me a few hours later and I set up a time to do a phone interview with the HR person. After talking to them I was scheduled to do another phone interview with a senior buyer. I then was flown out to Omaha about a week later and met with buyers, DMM & VP of Merchandisng as well as HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I had a lot of experience, and was able to negotiate my salary and days off that I had committed to. I was not able to negotiate vacation, it is the same for everyone.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Assistant Buyer
Omaha, NE

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hayneedle in January 2012.

Interview Details – I encountered a very laid back atmosphere and casual dress code. The one on one interview took place within a half an hour. The interviewer was very nice. There really weren't any challenging questions asked.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years.   View Answer

Worked for Hayneedle? Contribute to the Community!