Hays plc Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

3.1

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hays plc in January 2015.

There were four rounds. First was a mix of role-play and behavioral questions. Second was very short and more behavioral questions. Third was the assessment center. And finally a talk with the director. Overall, everyone was nice and I had a good talk with the manager who led the assessment center. However, the final interview left me puzzled because the director only asked a few questions but then determined they had a good idea of who I was. Then I ended up not getting the job. Their reasoning was because I did not have a sales background. My question is: Why string someone along through four rounds to only decline them for something you would have known just by looking at my resume??????? In the end, waste of time. Don't apply if you have no sales background.

Other Interview Reviews for Hays plc

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hays plc in March 2015.

The interview for Associate consultant level comprise of 3 rounds. I applied directly to the company and received call from the HR.

HR Round- This round is very simple .
    Assessment Center- Comprise of 1. Sells presentation 2. Selling JD to Client 3. BD call
    face to face interview

Overall the interview process is very through and interviewers were very friendly.

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hays plc in February 2015.

I applied online and was called the next day. Had a short telephone interview and was put forward for a face to face interview the following week.

I met with the manager for the this local office. Staff were very friendly. Interview was professional in terms of questions asked and the interviewer. Make sure you do your research on the company's values and the job role itself. I was asked at the end if I had any questions to ask which I did. I was then told the next stage of the interview would be an assessment centre which will involve role play and a few presentations. He highlighted it is tough and will get back to me regarding if I have made it through to that stage or not.

I will update the outcome of the assessment day. But overall a good experience so far.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Hay's?
      Tell me about yourself?
      What motivates you?
      What type of personalities or traits annoy you or why type do you not get along with?
      What do you think the job involves?

Answer Question

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hays plc in January 2015.

Telephone interview, CBI interview, Assessment day and Final interview

The interviews were based in competencys and your experiences realted to them. Lots of role plays in the assessment centre so practice your selling technique. Make sure you know abou Hays values and facts about their company as you get asked this in interviews and the assesment centre. They also require you to dress smart for each stage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hays plc in June 2014.

First stage telephone interview over what I knew about recruitment and why I wanted to get into it. Second stage face-to-face competency based and some role plays.
    Third stage assessment day with role plays, introduction to the team and face-to-face with a director.

Interview Questions
    • A presentation based on a quote you were provided with. 1 minute preparation then 3-5 minutes presentation on the topic.   Answer Question
    I would advise to ask in detail the terms and conditions of the offer, such as job title, start date and salary. Also about the commission structure, as to gain a better understanding of what the package includes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hays plc in June 2014.

The interview process was a bit of a whirlwind, having a brief telephone discussion, followed by a short internal interview on a Monday. Then they got me in for an assessment centre on the following Friday and, after various tasks throughout the day, offered me the job at the end of the assessment day.

Interview Questions
    • "Why do you want to work in recruitment?"   View Answer
    I should have negotiated more, being naive I just took the first thing that they offered me.

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hays plc.

I called the director of a local branch to find out more about the profession following an introduction through my current job.
    I had a telephone interview which lasted around 20 minutes to find out why I was interested in recruitment and why I think I would be suitable.
    Had an offer of a face to face interview which if successful would lead to an assessment day.

Interview Questions
    • Give three characteristics you possess which would help you in a career in recruitment.   Answer Question

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Hays plc in January 2012.

You are initially contacted on the phone for a telephone interview, they ask you why you would like to go into recruitment and what motivates you. Then if you pass this stage you are invited to an assessment day. You have to perform a group task where you have to think of a business plan (dragons den structure) and present it as a group. Then a role play of being a recruiter, selling a candidate to a client. If successful you get invited to a one on one interview.