Hays plc Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

3.3

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hays plc in January 2015.

Interview

There were four rounds. First was a mix of role-play and behavioral questions. Second was very short and more behavioral questions. Third was the assessment center. And finally a talk with the director. Overall, everyone was nice and I had a good talk with the manager who led the assessment center. However, the final interview left me puzzled because the director only asked a few questions but then determined they had a good idea of who I was. Then I ended up not getting the job. Their reasoning was because I did not have a sales background. My question is: Why string someone along through four rounds to only decline them for something you would have known just by looking at my resume??????? In the end, waste of time. Don't apply if you have no sales background.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hays plc

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hays plc in July 2015.

Interview

First interview was ok usual quest is asked that you would expect, "why recruitment" "about the company" etc second interview at the assessment centre was gruelling...if you have no experience in sales (of which they say is ok) you'll have to do a lot of sales research and I mean a lot!!! I have 6 months sales experience and still found it unbelievable for interview standards. Practice selling candidates to clients and phone calls

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hays plc.

Interview

The first stage was a telephone interview which was pretty straight forward. The lady was really friendly on the phone and made me feel at ease. The second stage was a competency interview with a member of the internal recruitment team. This was also quite relaxed and involved a short role play in which you have to try and sell a candidate. The third stage was an assessment centre. I was really nervous about this but it actually turned out to be pretty fun and offered a good insight into what's expected of you on a daily basis. The final stage is an interview with a director.... I have it this week!!

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hays plc (Cork (Ireland)) in June 2015.

Interview

A 4 step process including a phone interview, a face to face competency based interview, an assesment centre in Dublin and an interview with your office Director. The phone interview was just a quick chat about my experience and the role to see if we were a match. The face to face was with my prospective manager. You are given plenty of detail prior to the meeting from the company to help you prepare. The assesment centre is good fun and the main objective is to show your ability to deal with tough calls and how you perform in a team enviorment. The director interview is all about seeing if you are the right fit for the company and possibly which desk would suit you best.

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hays plc (Leeds, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

4 stages to the interview process. 1. Application and telephone interview 2. Face to face competency based interview 3. Sales Assessment (role play scenarios and presentations) 4. Final interview with manager, directors and mentor I went for the sales assessment yesterday (04/06/15) and it was an extremely positive experience. Hays made me feel welcome, relaxed and I didn't feel like I was being judged, rather I felt supported and encouraged to do well. Received a call 2 hours after leaving congratulating me on reaching the final stage, full feedback on performance was also given!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in recruitment? What transferable skills do you have that are relevant to this role? Etc...   1 Answer

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Interview

50 minutes. I sent a lot of job application through online, but none of them was accepted. Less than one week, I got an email for Skype interview. It is more easier if they told (or I ask) for which job position this interview would be, so that I could prepared better.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my general knowledge about HR Recruitment business,   Answer Question
    • how to deal with limited resource of candidacy pools in the market, and which one is more important in this business field (clients or candidates)   Answer Question

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hays plc (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2015.

Interview

Graduate open evening, competency based interview, assessment center, meeting with director. I am just about to meet with the director so I do not know if I will be offered the position or not yet.

Interview Questions

• how would you rate yourself among the other candidates?   1 Answer

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hull, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hays plc (Hull, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Two or three stages to the interview process. Met the manager of the branch, then did a assessment centre. From my understanding they want to see what you are like working with people in a group how you communicate with people and your real personality.

Interview Questions

• They want to see what kind of person you are like, they want to know what you understand about recruitment.   1 Answer

Associated Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hays plc in March 2015.

Interview

4 Rounds interview : Phone interview face to face interview with hr assesment centre Meeting with the director Relax and be yourself, got feedback in each part of the role play, which that really surprising me and did learn something from it.

Interview Questions

• role play, agree or disagrees with the statement and present, selling the candidates, cold call getting business.   Answer Question

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hays plc (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview for Associate consultant level comprise of 3 rounds. I applied directly to the company and received call from the HR. HR Round- This round is very simple . Assessment Center- Comprise of 1. Sells presentation 2. Selling JD to Client 3. BD call face to face interview Overall the interview process is very through and interviewers were very friendly.