Hays plc

Updated Sep 10, 2014

3.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hays plc in June 2014.

First stage telephone interview over what I knew about recruitment and why I wanted to get into it. Second stage face-to-face competency based and some role plays.
Third stage assessment day with role plays, introduction to the team and face-to-face with a director.

Interview Questions
  • A presentation based on a quote you were provided with. 1 minute preparation then 3-5 minutes presentation on the topic.   Answer Question
I would advise to ask in detail the terms and conditions of the offer, such as job title, start date and salary. Also about the commission structure, as to gain a better understanding of what the package includes.

Other Interview Reviews for Hays plc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hays plc in June 2014.

The interview process was a bit of a whirlwind, having a brief telephone discussion, followed by a short internal interview on a Monday. Then they got me in for an assessment centre on the following Friday and, after various tasks throughout the day, offered me the job at the end of the assessment day.

Interview Questions
    • "Why do you want to work in recruitment?"   View Answer
    I should have negotiated more, being naive I just took the first thing that they offered me.

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hays plc.

I called the director of a local branch to find out more about the profession following an introduction through my current job.
    I had a telephone interview which lasted around 20 minutes to find out why I was interested in recruitment and why I think I would be suitable.
    Had an offer of a face to face interview which if successful would lead to an assessment day.

Interview Questions
    • Give three characteristics you possess which would help you in a career in recruitment.   Answer Question

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Hays plc in January 2012.

You are initially contacted on the phone for a telephone interview, they ask you why you would like to go into recruitment and what motivates you. Then if you pass this stage you are invited to an assessment day. You have to perform a group task where you have to think of a business plan (dragons den structure) and present it as a group. Then a role play of being a recruiter, selling a candidate to a client. If successful you get invited to a one on one interview.