Hays plc Interview Questions in Cardiff, Wales

Updated Apr 13, 2015

4.0

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hays plc (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview
    Face to Face with manager interview
    Sales Assessment Centre
    Directors interview

Long drawn out process, for the right people It's perfect because it tests your endurance, Hays can afford to be picky to who they choose to employ, because they want to put the correct candidate in the best job role.
    Ideally you can prepare all you like, you need to have the gift of the gab and think on your feet and be able to SELL, if that's not you, I wouldn't progress through the other stages, as it takes around 3 weeks.
    If you have a lots of personality, there's little room I felt to express that, its a very serious environment. A little clinical at times, white walls and a bit of furniture, but this may suit some people.

Tip: Learn the values, become a HAYS employee, don't prepare for the last interview, you can't, its all about you, I found I learnt something about myself, it's interesting in that respect.

Interview Questions

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hays plc (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

5 STAGES-

application
    phone interview
    face to face
    assessment day
    final interview

this is the longest process I have ever had for a role- it may seem a little bit over the top but at the end of the day its what they specialise in, so its very important they get the right people ( could look very bad on their part otherwise)

the phone interview was general questions around what you know about hays- be prepared to know the values and what areas hays works in! lasted about 15/ 20 mins

the face to face is about an hour long you will asked why hays- why sales ( little tip - money!!!) what inspires and motivates you- I also got asked about how I think the typical day of a recruitment consultant works- so if you can research that! i also had to do short role play which i had 5 mins to prepare for- it was intense but my interviewer was friendly and made me feel at ease. I was told at the interview I had passed to the next stage and asked to pick a date and location for the assessment day which was one week later.

Assessment day- started at 12.30 ( arrive early) i chatted with other candidates before which was nice to put yourself at ease and see how they had found the process so far. the assessment day lasts 4 hours ( no break so eat before) a number of exercises with minimum time to prepare you have to be outgoing and chatty. you will be sent a brief outline of the role plays before the interview.
    I was told within 24 hours that i was successful to final interview and was given so really good feedback which was helpful and i hadn't really had that at any other interviews before.

Final interview was very long ( half and a half) with director and manager speaking all about me, they asked anything from what I studied at a levels to where I live and who with, they want to k kW every detail about you! Was exhausting having a one sided conversation!

Got offered a role after the hour and half though which was great!

Interview Questions

• what motivates you?
      why hays
      what are your weaknesses and strengths
      what do you think is typical day for a consultant?
      what are the core values?

Answer Question