Hays plc Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2015

3.4

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hays plc (Bristol, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Very long process: firstly an initial brief phone call from manager at chosen branch to tell me more about the job role and line me up for a telephone interview. Gave me good advice about what to prepare for. Then a telephone interview which lasted about half an hour, quite chatty and informal really. If you are successful from there, there is a 1 on 1 interview with a member of management from chosen branch. For me this lasted over an hour, although it didnt feel that long! Again I was given really good advice on what to prepare for and what would happen in the interview and it turned out to be, again, quite informal and a really good chance to get to know about the company and culture. It ends with a recruitment call role play, with the aim of trying to secure an interview for your candidate. Obviously try to secure one, I however didn't but must have impressed enough in previous part of interview as I was put forward for next stage at the end of the interview. If successful from there you attend an assessment centre. In mine there was 8 of us from various different offices. It was quite intense as you are given little time to prepare for role plays that you have to perform in front of the rest of the group. However, I found it really rewarding as you are given feedback at each stage and you get the chance to learn from each other also. There is an office walkaround at this stage where you get to see what it's like there and chat to current employees to ask any questions, which is really helpful and a really good insight! I was successful after my assessment centre and now have my final interview with the regional director this afternoon. I'm really nervous as I now want the job more than ever! Can't say whether or not I got an offer as I haven't been yet, but really hope I do!

Interview Questions

• What are our values, why hays, why recruitment, 'its not what you say its how you say it...agree/disagree'   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hays plc

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a call same day. Few generic questions such as why recruitment and why makes you suitable. Then accepted for a Group Assessment and Role Play day. Consisted of 2 scenarios and a CV review. Wasn't difficult, just looking for someone that is more of a natural than I was.

Interview Questions

• Agree or Disagree with this statement. (Never judge a book by its cover)   Answer Question

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays plc (Manchester, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview to scope you out, followed by a face-to-face interview which involved revealing your competencies, and then an assessment day. The assessment day was a hands-on experience in which you took various tasks to show off your suitability to the role and a chance to learn more about the industry. If successful, you were invited to a final interview.

Interview Questions

• What experience would make you suitable for this role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

There are four stages to go through. Phone - why you want to go into recruitment One to One with HR Interviewer - work / career background more about yourself. 2 role plays, think quick on your feet Assessment Day 2x Role Play, selling in candiate Regional Director - this is the one where you have to win over, be careful what you say.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

We had an informal meeting at first where I met other graduates. We also met top recruiters who told us of their experience. It was an amazing day and had a good feeling about the company and am excited to proceed with my application.

Interview Questions

• Not really unexpected but this question requires you to know your cv in and out and the skills you gained from the various roles. Plus how you will use these skills as a recruiter. I used examples right from the simple part time jobs I have done.   Answer Question

It was due to unavoidable personal circumstances

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hays plc (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Submitted an application online and received a phone call the next week where I answered a few questions like "Why do you want to go into recruiting?" and "What motivates you?". I was then advised that there was a group assessment at the office the next day and that this would be the second stage of the hiring process. In the group assessment, the candidates are then taken through a few activities for the hiring team to assess their abilities relevant to the position. Such activities included a business plan, interviewing a client and pitching a candidate. Afterwards, we were told that we would hear back from management within a few days of the assessment whether we would make it on to the third round. The third round consisted of a typical one-to-one interview with management.

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in July 2011.

Interview

initially had a telephone interview which was then followed by a group assessment and then a 1.1 interview with the manager, the approach was very friendly and progressive much easier than interviews i have been on before. the telephone interview was pretty straight forward asking why you want to go into recruitment what you know about the areas hays work in and then one competency based question which was describe a time when you have had to use entrepreneurial flair. the group assessment again was straight forward, i beleive they were looking to see who contributed to the group when it was time to ask questions, and then you had a group exercise where you had to pretend you were going to open a sandwich shop and they were going to asses how feasible your idea was for investment. the final interview was quite relaxed , he wanted to know what i learned at university and what i though recruitment involved.

Interview Questions

• give an example of a time when you have demonstrate entrepreneurial flair   Answer Question