Hays plc

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Hays plc in March 2014.

Interview Details – We had an informal meeting at first where I met other graduates. We also met top recruiters who told us of their experience. It was an amazing day and had a good feeling about the company and am excited to proceed with my application.

Interview Question – Not really unexpected but this question requires you to know your cv in and out and the skills you gained from the various roles. Plus how you will use these skills as a recruiter. I used examples right from the simple part time jobs I have done.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It was due to unavoidable personal circumstances

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hays plc.

Interview Details – Submitted an application online and received a phone call the next week where I answered a few questions like "Why do you want to go into recruiting?" and "What motivates you?". I was then advised that there was a group assessment at the office the next day and that this would be the second stage of the hiring process.

In the group assessment, the candidates are then taken through a few activities for the hiring team to assess their abilities relevant to the position. Such activities included a business plan, interviewing a client and pitching a candidate. Afterwards, we were told that we would hear back from management within a few days of the assessment whether we would make it on to the third round. The third round consisted of a typical one-to-one interview with management.

Interview Question – What motivates you?   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hays plc in July 2011.

Interview Details – initially had a telephone interview which was then followed by a group assessment and then a 1.1 interview with the manager, the approach was very friendly and progressive much easier than interviews i have been on before. the telephone interview was pretty straight forward asking why you want to go into recruitment what you know about the areas hays work in and then one competency based question which was describe a time when you have had to use entrepreneurial flair. the group assessment again was straight forward, i beleive they were looking to see who contributed to the group when it was time to ask questions, and then you had a group exercise where you had to pretend you were going to open a sandwich shop and they were going to asses how feasible your idea was for investment. the final interview was quite relaxed , he wanted to know what i learned at university and what i though recruitment involved.

Interview Question – give an example of a time when you have demonstrate entrepreneurial flair   Answer Question

Worked for Hays plc? Contribute to the Community!