Hays plc

Updated Feb 22, 2015
Updated Feb 22, 2015

3.2

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)
Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hays plc in January 2015.

Phone interview to scope you out, followed by a face-to-face interview which involved revealing your competencies, and then an assessment day. The assessment day was a hands-on experience in which you took various tasks to show off your suitability to the role and a chance to learn more about the industry. If successful, you were invited to a final interview.

Interview Questions
  • What experience would make you suitable for this role?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hays plc

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hays plc in September 2014.

There are four stages to go through.
    Phone - why you want to go into recruitment
    One to One with HR Interviewer - work / career background more about yourself. 2 role plays, think quick on your feet
    Assessment Day 2x Role Play, selling in candiate
    Regional Director - this is the one where you have to win over, be careful what you say.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Hays plc in March 2014.

We had an informal meeting at first where I met other graduates. We also met top recruiters who told us of their experience. It was an amazing day and had a good feeling about the company and am excited to proceed with my application.

Interview Questions
    • Not really unexpected but this question requires you to know your cv in and out and the skills you gained from the various roles. Plus how you will use these skills as a recruiter. I used examples right from the simple part time jobs I have done.   Answer Question

It was due to unavoidable personal circumstances

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hays plc in July 2011.

initially had a telephone interview which was then followed by a group assessment and then a 1.1 interview with the manager, the approach was very friendly and progressive much easier than interviews i have been on before. the telephone interview was pretty straight forward asking why you want to go into recruitment what you know about the areas hays work in and then one competency based question which was describe a time when you have had to use entrepreneurial flair. the group assessment again was straight forward, i beleive they were looking to see who contributed to the group when it was time to ask questions, and then you had a group exercise where you had to pretend you were going to open a sandwich shop and they were going to asses how feasible your idea was for investment. the final interview was quite relaxed , he wanted to know what i learned at university and what i though recruitment involved.

Interview Questions
    • give an example of a time when you have demonstrate entrepreneurial flair   Answer Question