Hays plc Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

3.3

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hays plc.

Interview

Thorough and positive. You are pushed with ambitious questions that are designed to motivate and inspire your mind. I encourage anyone thinking of a career in recruitment to get involved with Hays.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is the prime characteristic of top sales performers?   1 Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hays plc in March 2015.

Interview

Four interviews 3 week long process. phone interview face to face assessment day ( Here they let you make actual inquiries to people looking for a job. It is scary but after a few calls you will be fine) still waiting on my ref check. Loved the people that works there. Haven't revived a call back after my final interview. hoping for the best.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Hays   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hays plc in January 2015.

Interview

There were four rounds. First was a mix of role-play and behavioral questions. Second was very short and more behavioral questions. Third was the assessment center. And finally a talk with the director. Overall, everyone was nice and I had a good talk with the manager who led the assessment center. However, the final interview left me puzzled because the director only asked a few questions but then determined they had a good idea of who I was. Then I ended up not getting the job. Their reasoning was because I did not have a sales background. My question is: Why string someone along through four rounds to only decline them for something you would have known just by looking at my resume??????? In the end, waste of time. Don't apply if you have no sales background.

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hays plc (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview with their in house recruiter in their Toronto office who asked some very basic questions about my current situation and my expectations. A week after the phone conversation I was scheduled to have a Skype interview; this conversation revolved around my responsibilites of my current position and what I had done in other roles as well that pertained to the opportunity being discussed. From there I was invited to meet with one of the hiring managers at the New York office for the following week. The conversation was topical but relevant to the company's goals; it was a great interview and a week after that I was invited to come back for my final face to face. The final interview was with my director of the office and my soon-to-be manager. The interview lasted over and hour with them asking me behavioral and situational questions about my process and what I would do in hypothetical situations. I'll be honest, the pressure was there and I left feeling like I had lost my opportunity. Low and behold, 2 days later I got the call saying they wanted to offer my the position.

Interview Questions

• What creative measures would I take to make sure that a good candidate got to the right people?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much room for negotiation of salary/benefits, ect. The director made it very clear that what they were offering me was standard across the board.

Office Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays plc in January 2012.

Interview

standard interview questions (1) why do you want this job? (2) what are your strengths and weaknesses. waited a really long time for the supervisor, overall interview went great.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Enjoyable! Just be yourself, this company truly invest in good people. The assessment may trip you up but don't let it define your experience, believe in what you can offer and ensure that you are inclined to commit to a company that has a burning desire to remain number one!

Management Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied for the job and got an initial interview at their Victoria branch, the staff who attended my interview is ok and interview me for more than 30 minutes and I have to fill up application form for record and other documents that I have to submit , after several weeks of my initial interview ,I never heard anything from this recruitment consultant and I even sent an e-mail for an update but no reply at all, in return I don't know what really happened to my interview and initial assessment. i waited in vain and no update nor a reply from them.

Interview Questions

• why we have to hire you? what are your best and weakest attributes? why you need a new job? what are your skills ?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hays plc in July 2015.

Interview

First interview was ok usual quest is asked that you would expect, "why recruitment" "about the company" etc second interview at the assessment centre was gruelling...if you have no experience in sales (of which they say is ok) you'll have to do a lot of sales research and I mean a lot!!! I have 6 months sales experience and still found it unbelievable for interview standards. Practice selling candidates to clients and phone calls

External Employment Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays plc.

Interview

Easy going, to the point and structured I went to their office, and was received very well. The atmosphere is relaxed but professional. You get a lot of advice on what you should look for, but they make an effort to find you a job in your field of interest if you clearly state that.

Interview Questions

• Describe your character. Tell me about your CV Strengths and weaknesses. What are your expectations of the job?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basel (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hays plc (Basel (Switzerland)) in July 2015.

Interview

Manager contacted me shortly after I submitted my application online. Even I did not get an offer, I loved this job interview! Very well structured, friendly manager and useful advises.

Interview Questions

• work experience, certificates, values and salary expectation.   Answer Question