Hays plc

Updated Nov 4, 2014
Updated Nov 4, 2014

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hays plc in September 2014.

There are four stages to go through.
    Phone - why you want to go into recruitment
    One to One with HR Interviewer - work / career background more about yourself. 2 role plays, think quick on your feet
    Assessment Day 2x Role Play, selling in candiate
    Regional Director - this is the one where you have to win over, be careful what you say.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hays plc in June 2014.

Applied for Hays Japan. Went to the London Career Forum and had an informal 10 minutes interview. Was invited to their Assessment Centre which consisted of:
    -Individual sales presentation
    -Selling a candidate
    -Making a business development call

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hays plc in June 2014.

First stage telephone interview over what I knew about recruitment and why I wanted to get into it. Second stage face-to-face competency based and some role plays.
    Third stage assessment day with role plays, introduction to the team and face-to-face with a director.

Interview Questions
    • A presentation based on a quote you were provided with. 1 minute preparation then 3-5 minutes presentation on the topic.   Answer Question
    I would advise to ask in detail the terms and conditions of the offer, such as job title, start date and salary. Also about the commission structure, as to gain a better understanding of what the package includes.

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hays plc in June 2014.

The interview process was a bit of a whirlwind, having a brief telephone discussion, followed by a short internal interview on a Monday. Then they got me in for an assessment centre on the following Friday and, after various tasks throughout the day, offered me the job at the end of the assessment day.

Interview Questions
    • "Why do you want to work in recruitment?"   View Answer
    I should have negotiated more, being naive I just took the first thing that they offered me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Hays plc in March 2014.

We had an informal meeting at first where I met other graduates. We also met top recruiters who told us of their experience. It was an amazing day and had a good feeling about the company and am excited to proceed with my application.

Interview Questions
    • Not really unexpected but this question requires you to know your cv in and out and the skills you gained from the various roles. Plus how you will use these skills as a recruiter. I used examples right from the simple part time jobs I have done.   Answer Question

It was due to unavoidable personal circumstances

Trainee Recruitment Consultant (One Year Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hays plc in March 2013.

• Exercise 1: individual sales presentation
    AIM: to convince your audience that your argument is credible and worth considering.
    • Exercise 2: selling in a candidate
    AIM: to sell the unique points of your candidate to complement the job and ensuring you secure an interview.
    • Exercise 3: making a business development call
    AIM: to build rapport with the organisation and address any previous issues they have had. If there is the opportunity for a visit, to fill a job or offer any service, ensure you suggest it.
    • Exercise 4: Producing an advertisement
    AIM: to sell Hays to a Seek audience through our Hays Values.

Interview Questions
    • No particularly hard questions, but the first assessment centre I had been to that had such a hands on approach in doing some of the jobs I would have to do in my position.   Answer Question
    As an intern, I wasn't really in the position to negotiate.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hays plc in June 2012.

2 face to face interviews with different directors
    no phone interview - very friendly at interview - must show drive and passion and you will be fine!
    cut throat environment but you must rise to the challenge and portray this at interview stage to convey your personality as it is all about personality.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hays plc in July 2011.

initially had a telephone interview which was then followed by a group assessment and then a 1.1 interview with the manager, the approach was very friendly and progressive much easier than interviews i have been on before. the telephone interview was pretty straight forward asking why you want to go into recruitment what you know about the areas hays work in and then one competency based question which was describe a time when you have had to use entrepreneurial flair. the group assessment again was straight forward, i beleive they were looking to see who contributed to the group when it was time to ask questions, and then you had a group exercise where you had to pretend you were going to open a sandwich shop and they were going to asses how feasible your idea was for investment. the final interview was quite relaxed , he wanted to know what i learned at university and what i though recruitment involved.

Interview Questions
    • give an example of a time when you have demonstrate entrepreneurial flair   Answer Question