Hays plc Interview Questions in London, UK

Updated Mar 30, 2015
Updated Mar 30, 2015

3.1

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a call same day. Few generic questions such as why recruitment and why makes you suitable. Then accepted for a Group Assessment and Role Play day. Consisted of 2 scenarios and a CV review. Wasn't difficult, just looking for someone that is more of a natural than I was.

Interview Questions

• Agree or Disagree with this statement. (Never judge a book by its cover)   Answer Question

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called the next day. Had a short telephone interview and was put forward for a face to face interview the following week.

I met with the manager for the this local office. Staff were very friendly. Interview was professional in terms of questions asked and the interviewer. Make sure you do your research on the company's values and the job role itself. I was asked at the end if I had any questions to ask which I did. I was then told the next stage of the interview would be an assessment centre which will involve role play and a few presentations. He highlighted it is tough and will get back to me regarding if I have made it through to that stage or not.

I will update the outcome of the assessment day. But overall a good experience so far.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Hay's?
      Tell me about yourself?
      What motivates you?
      What type of personalities or traits annoy you or why type do you not get along with?
      What do you think the job involves?

Answer Question

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hays plc (Reading, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview, CBI interview, Assessment day and Final interview

The interviews were based in competencys and your experiences realted to them. Lots of role plays in the assessment centre so practice your selling technique. Make sure you know abou Hays values and facts about their company as you get asked this in interviews and the assesment centre. They also require you to dress smart for each stage.

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

There are four stages to go through.
    Phone - why you want to go into recruitment
    One to One with HR Interviewer - work / career background more about yourself. 2 role plays, think quick on your feet
    Assessment Day 2x Role Play, selling in candiate
    Regional Director - this is the one where you have to win over, be careful what you say.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied for Hays Japan. Went to the London Career Forum and had an informal 10 minutes interview. Was invited to their Assessment Centre which consisted of:
    -Individual sales presentation
    -Selling a candidate
    -Making a business development call

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

First stage telephone interview over what I knew about recruitment and why I wanted to get into it. Second stage face-to-face competency based and some role plays.
    Third stage assessment day with role plays, introduction to the team and face-to-face with a director.

Interview Questions

• A presentation based on a quote you were provided with. 1 minute preparation then 3-5 minutes presentation on the topic.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I would advise to ask in detail the terms and conditions of the offer, such as job title, start date and salary. Also about the commission structure, as to gain a better understanding of what the package includes.

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was a bit of a whirlwind, having a brief telephone discussion, followed by a short internal interview on a Monday. Then they got me in for an assessment centre on the following Friday and, after various tasks throughout the day, offered me the job at the end of the assessment day.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work in recruitment?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I should have negotiated more, being naive I just took the first thing that they offered me.

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

We had an informal meeting at first where I met other graduates. We also met top recruiters who told us of their experience. It was an amazing day and had a good feeling about the company and am excited to proceed with my application.

Interview Questions

• Not really unexpected but this question requires you to know your cv in and out and the skills you gained from the various roles. Plus how you will use these skills as a recruiter. I used examples right from the simple part time jobs I have done.   Answer Question

It was due to unavoidable personal circumstances

Trainee Recruitment Consultant (One Year Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

• Exercise 1: individual sales presentation
    AIM: to convince your audience that your argument is credible and worth considering.
    • Exercise 2: selling in a candidate
    AIM: to sell the unique points of your candidate to complement the job and ensuring you secure an interview.
    • Exercise 3: making a business development call
    AIM: to build rapport with the organisation and address any previous issues they have had. If there is the opportunity for a visit, to fill a job or offer any service, ensure you suggest it.
    • Exercise 4: Producing an advertisement
    AIM: to sell Hays to a Seek audience through our Hays Values.

Interview Questions

• No particularly hard questions, but the first assessment centre I had been to that had such a hands on approach in doing some of the jobs I would have to do in my position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As an intern, I wasn't really in the position to negotiate.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

2 face to face interviews with different directors
    no phone interview - very friendly at interview - must show drive and passion and you will be fine!
    cut throat environment but you must rise to the challenge and portray this at interview stage to convey your personality as it is all about personality.