Hays plc Interview Questions in London, UK

Updated Jun 30, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a call same day. Few generic questions such as why recruitment and why makes you suitable. Then accepted for a Group Assessment and Role Play day. Consisted of 2 scenarios and a CV review. Wasn't difficult, just looking for someone that is more of a natural than I was.

Interview Questions

• Agree or Disagree with this statement. (Never judge a book by its cover)   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online.
    4 stages process from telephone interview to face to face interview to assessment day to final competency interview.
    Assessment day very challenging but rewarding too makes you see if you would really like being in recruitment

Interview Questions

• Sales is a dirty word? Agree or disagree?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called the next day. Had a short telephone interview and was put forward for a face to face interview the following week.

I met with the manager for the this local office. Staff were very friendly. Interview was professional in terms of questions asked and the interviewer. Make sure you do your research on the company's values and the job role itself. I was asked at the end if I had any questions to ask which I did. I was then told the next stage of the interview would be an assessment centre which will involve role play and a few presentations. He highlighted it is tough and will get back to me regarding if I have made it through to that stage or not.

I will update the outcome of the assessment day. But overall a good experience so far.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Hay's?
      Tell me about yourself?
      What motivates you?
      What type of personalities or traits annoy you or why type do you not get along with?
      What do you think the job involves?

Answer Question

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hays plc (Reading, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview, CBI interview, Assessment day and Final interview

The interviews were based in competencys and your experiences realted to them. Lots of role plays in the assessment centre so practice your selling technique. Make sure you know abou Hays values and facts about their company as you get asked this in interviews and the assesment centre. They also require you to dress smart for each stage.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

There are four stages to go through.
    Phone - why you want to go into recruitment
    One to One with HR Interviewer - work / career background more about yourself. 2 role plays, think quick on your feet
    Assessment Day 2x Role Play, selling in candiate
    Regional Director - this is the one where you have to win over, be careful what you say.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

- Telephone interview

- Open day where other internship students attend is less daunting then a one on one interview and gives you the opportunity to find out more

Assessment centre

Final interview

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied for Hays Japan. Went to the London Career Forum and had an informal 10 minutes interview. Was invited to their Assessment Centre which consisted of:
    -Individual sales presentation
    -Selling a candidate
    -Making a business development call

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

First stage telephone interview over what I knew about recruitment and why I wanted to get into it. Second stage face-to-face competency based and some role plays.
    Third stage assessment day with role plays, introduction to the team and face-to-face with a director.

Interview Questions

• A presentation based on a quote you were provided with. 1 minute preparation then 3-5 minutes presentation on the topic.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I would advise to ask in detail the terms and conditions of the offer, such as job title, start date and salary. Also about the commission structure, as to gain a better understanding of what the package includes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was a bit of a whirlwind, having a brief telephone discussion, followed by a short internal interview on a Monday. Then they got me in for an assessment centre on the following Friday and, after various tasks throughout the day, offered me the job at the end of the assessment day.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work in recruitment?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I should have negotiated more, being naive I just took the first thing that they offered me.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

We had an informal meeting at first where I met other graduates. We also met top recruiters who told us of their experience. It was an amazing day and had a good feeling about the company and am excited to proceed with my application.

Interview Questions

• Not really unexpected but this question requires you to know your cv in and out and the skills you gained from the various roles. Plus how you will use these skills as a recruiter. I used examples right from the simple part time jobs I have done.   Answer Question

It was due to unavoidable personal circumstances