Hays plc Interview Questions in Oxford, England

2.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Resourcer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hays plc in September 2014.

I originally applied for the role of Recruitment Consultant but during my first face-to-face interview, the manager suggested to me to start as a Resourcer, because they were not sure about my sales drive.

1) Phone Interview
    Common questions such as, what have you been doing since graduating? Why are you interested in this role? Why Hays? etc.

2) Competency Based Interview
    As mentioned above, the manager suggested another role.
    Questions included, why recruitment? Give an example of ... etc.

3) Assessment Center
    3 interviewers present. Preparation time is timed.
    I had to travel to Reading for the assessment center, starting at 10AM. It lasted approx. 4 hours which is a little longer than their expected time, but I did not feel upset about it going over time. I had a very good and enjoyable time at the assessment center, much better planned than another company's assessment I had attended. The activities the assessment consists of gives you a great experience on doing something you would expect to do, if given the job.
    a) Presentation on given statement. You choose to argue for or against the statement. Everyone is given a different statement.
    b) Selling a candidate to a client, with the CV given. Everyone will be selling a candidate for the same role.
    c) Business development call, following a situation given to you. Again, everyone's situation is different.
    - Tour around the office with time to ask questions to the members of the team -
    d) Writing a job advert. This is done while the interviewers are discussing the candidates, but the job advert is not a waste of time. It is mentioned and taken to the next stage.

4) Interview with the director
    Similar questions to the CBI, but more personal questions regarding interests are asked. How do you think you have got on during this process?

Although I passed the interview with the director, I was invited in again for an informal meeting. I met with a lower position member of staff, who was a team leader, and they asked the same questions as were asked in the previous interviews. They spoke as if I was to get the job, asking what would you do if... (you asked a candidate for 2 addresses/references but they only turned up with one? Would you still interview them?).

Later that day, I got a phone call and they told me I was not getting the job. I was a little upset despite getting all the way to the end and even pass the final interview to not get the job, especially having been referred to another role from the beginning.

I got a phone call a week later, as I had asked for them for their services to find me something suitable, and I spoke with the team leader and he mentioned that I showed great interest in the Recruitment Consultant role. However, I was happy with the resourcer role and I did voice that out to them, but I also showed interest in staying long-term with the company and progressing eventually to a Recruitment Consultant role. which is why they might have thought I really wanted that position.

Interview Questions
    • It is expected, but some difficult comments of questions are asked during the role play. You should not feel pressured or hesitate much in giving a response.   Answer Question

Resourcer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hays plc in December 2012.

I was head hunted by Hays. I received a phone call from a lovely and enthusiastic man, who spoke of the job he was looking to fill. He then got to know me a little bit more, asked about my motivations in life, my past work experience, what I want to achieve and the type of role in which I was looking for. He invited me to a telephone interview the next working day with him. I was sent a little information about the company and was then told that I would be asked some competency based questions. After the telephone interview, I was told that I would be contacted by on of the managers at the Oxford branch, who will then have a chat with me to see if I would fit the role and the company. This occurred the following day. Again, I was asked about what I wanted to achieve in life, what I knew about the role and why I would like to work for Hays. I was successful and was invited to a formal interview in the Oxford based office. I dressed smartly in a suit and was asked what I knew about the company, how I believe I would be good for the role, what I would bring to the team and where I see myself in five years time. The interviewer also went through my CV and was asking questions along the way, for example how I found previous roles, how I contributed to the businesses in which I worked for and how I felt I achieved at school. I was then asked to talk with two members of the team, including the person I would work with if successful. They informed me of what it was like working for Hays and the day to day challenges they faced. I was invited to the last stag of the interview with the director. This stag was similar to the previous stage. The interviewer was very motivating and it was clear why he has been so successful. I was asked more personal questions for example what I like to do in my spare time and how I feel this may benefit me in the working environment. The director was very impressed with how I presented myself and answered the questions - I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think the business has been affected in the current financial climate over the past five years, and what would you do to try and work with the challenges faced?   Answer Question