Hays plc

Updated Nov 2, 2014

3.4

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Recruitment Consultant Interview

After the company checked my cv and resume, I was invited for the assessment centre with other 6 candidates. I was assessed for my capabilities and basic knowledge regarding the industry and the job through various ways such as presentation, role-playing, and so on. Few days later, I was invited for several face-to-face interviews with directors and team leaders. After 2 months of process, they asked for my referees' contact for the reference check, and finally gave me an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Choose a statement in the list and make a 3min speech to make others to agree on the statement.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hays plc

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Sent in application. Called in for an interview. Friendly interviewers. Huge focus on their core beliefs and competencies. Interview was conducted by four individuals in succession. Questions were competency based (give an example of time when...)

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hays plc in July 2014.

1) PHONE INTERVIEW:
    General questions, why do you want to get into recruitment? How would you build up your candidate base? (Advertise jobs, interview people, use your own network) How do you feel about targets? Why do you want to work for Hays?

2) FACE TO FACE
    Tell me a time you exceeded customer expectations. What type of people do you not get on with. What route has taken you to recruitment? How do you deal with rejection?
    SELLING A CANDIDATE TO A CLIENT ROLE PLAY (see the advice given below)

3) ASSESSMENT CENTER
    a) Presentation on a certain topic. You have to say if you are pro or against the statement
    b) Selling a candidate to a client. (see the advice given below)
    c) Business development call based on a certain topic
    d) Writing a job advert (look at the Hays website as they have heaps on it, the way they want it)

4) INTERVIEW WITH A DIRECTOR
    I didn't get to this stage

All my advice is based on the feedback i got from the director on the stuff i did wrong

Interview Questions
    • Role play selling a candidate to a client.   View Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hays plc in June 2014.

Applied for Hays Japan. Went to the London Career Forum and had an informal 10 minutes interview. Was invited to their Assessment Centre which consisted of:
    -Individual sales presentation
    -Selling a candidate
    -Making a business development call

Recruitment Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Hays plc.

Very professional. Telephone Interview, One on One interview, Group Assessment Day, Finals Interviews. Pretty run of the mill, but be expected to know a lot about recruitment industry as a whole, competitors etc, find out as much as you can about the company, their computer systems etc, The aggressive behavior I've seen at other group assessment days with other recruitment companies simply not tolerated, professional and friendly but firm is your best way to go. Be prepare to be challenged to the brink though, they want to see you can stand up under pressure. Very supportive interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Roleplays- phone, meeting with clients. You pick the title of your role play at complete random so it could be a nightmare or easy, just be confident and focused.

Question in particular.... they will get very deep into your motivations, your aspirations, career hopes for next ten years and want to understand your personality

View Answer
    None

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hays plc in April 2014.

Telephone interview, talking through your cv, you were then invited to the assessment day, which included group activities, role plays and question and answer, then after we were invited for a final interview with the director and senior manager

There was no negotiation

Recruitment Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hays plc.

Interview face to face with one or more managers/ directors
    Assessment centre

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hays plc in April 2014.

4 stage interview process.
    First stage was just a basic phone interview, why do you want the job, what skills do you have that would make you a good recruitment consultant, why hays etc.
    Second stage was a face to face interview which was mostly competency based with a little role play at the end, around one hour long.
    Third stage was to be an assessment centre where I was told it would be more role play, selling skills etc but in a group situation. However didn't attend as was offered a position with another company.

Interview Questions
    • From my experience there was nothing that was unexpected or difficult. Standard competency based questions that should be fine with a bit of perpetration done.   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hays plc in March 2014.

Stage One - Telephone interview
         - questions about why you want the job and why you'd be good at it - everyone must pass this stage?!

Stage Two - Competency based Face-to-Face Interview
        - Same as stage one, only in person. They will spring a role play on you, so be prepared to act out a sales pitch. They are looking for composure, ability to sell coherently, they want the candidate placed in one way or another, so things like offering training posts and temps come in handy - they love that.

Stage Three - Assessment Centre
         - Presentation on a topic of their choice - unseen. You one minute to prepare, two minutes to present. This is easy and they just want you to be calm under pressure.
         - Selling a candidate - You get a CV and rank in a team, you then role play to sell your candidate. I had the hardest candidate to sell but got him work experience, others had outstanding candidates but didn't get anywhere. It is tough, but it's a great insight.
       - Business Development Call - You get an unseen topic and then (back to back with an assessor) you role play a phone call. My topic was that the client had been sent a mailer, and I was giving them a courtesy call. All you need to do is bare in mind that every single role play is sales based, so try and sell them someone even if it doesn't really seem to fit in with your topic. Booking a meeting goes down very well.
       - Writing a job advert - waste of time, they don't even look at it and leave the room to decide whether you're through or not wilst you're doing it.

Stage Four - Director.
      - You meet a director in the centre that you've applied for. Because the assessment centre can take you away from your chosen office, you don't meet anyone from where you will potentially be working until this interview, which is daft really. They also have little idea of how you have performed, other than you are sat in front of them so you must have done okay. This stage trades really on your sales history. If you haven't got one, then you've been strung along for three interviews because this is likely to be the end of the road for you. They go hard at you, which is fair enough, but this stage lets down the whole process. Or at least it did in the Cambridge centre. I didn't get the job, but I've had experiences of other firms since then who have been more professional and much more respectful.

Interview Questions
    • 'What on earth are you doing here then?'   View Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hays plc.

The interview process is quite unstructured and each country has its own framework
    The company values extroversion more than everything, they like aggressive and risk taking consultants.
    Show your competitive side.

Interview Questions
    • They can ask you how much do you want to earn, Don't hesitate giving high values, as there is a high variable component on salaries.   Answer Question
    for consultant level there is no much margin for negotiations. The salary ranges are defined.