Hays plc Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

3.2

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hays plc (Nottingham, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

there are five stages when applying to the role of a trainee recruitment consultant at Hays Recruitment.
    firstly, applying with your cv and successfully impressing the consultant
    secondly, telephone interview explaining why you want to become a consultant
    thirdly, interview with a manager answering competency based questions
    fourthly, assessment day (you may need to travel for this)
    fifthly, final interview with a director.

I have my final interview tomorrow and I am really nervous yet excited at the same time!

Interview Questions

• why hays?
      How do you use communication effectively?
      Tell me a time where you had to build a rapport with someone.

1 Answer

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a call same day. Few generic questions such as why recruitment and why makes you suitable. Then accepted for a Group Assessment and Role Play day. Consisted of 2 scenarios and a CV review. Wasn't difficult, just looking for someone that is more of a natural than I was.

Interview Questions

• Agree or Disagree with this statement. (Never judge a book by its cover)   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hays plc (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview
    Face to Face with manager interview
    Sales Assessment Centre
    Directors interview

Long drawn out process, for the right people It's perfect because it tests your endurance, Hays can afford to be picky to who they choose to employ, because they want to put the correct candidate in the best job role.
    Ideally you can prepare all you like, you need to have the gift of the gab and think on your feet and be able to SELL, if that's not you, I wouldn't progress through the other stages, as it takes around 3 weeks.
    If you have a lots of personality, there's little room I felt to express that, its a very serious environment. A little clinical at times, white walls and a bit of furniture, but this may suit some people.

Tip: Learn the values, become a HAYS employee, don't prepare for the last interview, you can't, its all about you, I found I learnt something about myself, it's interesting in that respect.

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called the next day. Had a short telephone interview and was put forward for a face to face interview the following week.

I met with the manager for the this local office. Staff were very friendly. Interview was professional in terms of questions asked and the interviewer. Make sure you do your research on the company's values and the job role itself. I was asked at the end if I had any questions to ask which I did. I was then told the next stage of the interview would be an assessment centre which will involve role play and a few presentations. He highlighted it is tough and will get back to me regarding if I have made it through to that stage or not.

I will update the outcome of the assessment day. But overall a good experience so far.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Hay's?
      Tell me about yourself?
      What motivates you?
      What type of personalities or traits annoy you or why type do you not get along with?
      What do you think the job involves?

Answer Question

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hays plc (Reading, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview, CBI interview, Assessment day and Final interview

The interviews were based in competencys and your experiences realted to them. Lots of role plays in the assessment centre so practice your selling technique. Make sure you know abou Hays values and facts about their company as you get asked this in interviews and the assesment centre. They also require you to dress smart for each stage.

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hays plc (Manchester, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview to scope you out, followed by a face-to-face interview which involved revealing your competencies, and then an assessment day. The assessment day was a hands-on experience in which you took various tasks to show off your suitability to the role and a chance to learn more about the industry. If successful, you were invited to a final interview.

Interview Questions

• What experience would make you suitable for this role?   Answer Question

Associate Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hays plc.

Interview

Phone interview followed by manager interview and assessment day but get an interview with director if no day is being held. The phone interview was pleasant ans soon after i got a panel interview which involved a sales rolepaly.

Interview Questions

• there wasn't one as such but be prepared to defend your personality they test your resilience.   Answer Question

Got a different offer.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hays plc.

Interview

It took me three weeks to have interviews with both the senior trainer and the team manager. As I was not in my home country, both interviews were on the phone. Had great chats with both interviewers. They are really looking for someone who is passionate about the recruitment industry. Also, the team manager is looking for some market knowledge of your selected specialism.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me how do Boolean Search for a particular positions in HSBC?   Answer Question

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hays plc in November 2014.

Interview

I telephoned direct to ask for an interview. I was seen the following day. Interview was very professional. Definitely glad I did a lot of research on the company itself.

Interview Questions

• 1st interview, straight into a role-play. Telephone call (cold call) with a new client who is advertising with someone else. Get their business by telling them you have a candidate lined up.   Answer Question

Resourcer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hays plc (Oxford, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

I originally applied for the role of Recruitment Consultant but during my first face-to-face interview, the manager suggested to me to start as a Resourcer, because they were not sure about my sales drive.

1) Phone Interview
    Common questions such as, what have you been doing since graduating? Why are you interested in this role? Why Hays? etc.

2) Competency Based Interview
    As mentioned above, the manager suggested another role.
    Questions included, why recruitment? Give an example of ... etc.

3) Assessment Center
    3 interviewers present. Preparation time is timed.
    I had to travel to Reading for the assessment center, starting at 10AM. It lasted approx. 4 hours which is a little longer than their expected time, but I did not feel upset about it going over time. I had a very good and enjoyable time at the assessment center, much better planned than another company's assessment I had attended. The activities the assessment consists of gives you a great experience on doing something you would expect to do, if given the job.
    a) Presentation on given statement. You choose to argue for or against the statement. Everyone is given a different statement.
    b) Selling a candidate to a client, with the CV given. Everyone will be selling a candidate for the same role.
    c) Business development call, following a situation given to you. Again, everyone's situation is different.
    - Tour around the office with time to ask questions to the members of the team -
    d) Writing a job advert. This is done while the interviewers are discussing the candidates, but the job advert is not a waste of time. It is mentioned and taken to the next stage.

4) Interview with the director
    Similar questions to the CBI, but more personal questions regarding interests are asked. How do you think you have got on during this process?

Although I passed the interview with the director, I was invited in again for an informal meeting. I met with a lower position member of staff, who was a team leader, and they asked the same questions as were asked in the previous interviews. They spoke as if I was to get the job, asking what would you do if... (you asked a candidate for 2 addresses/references but they only turned up with one? Would you still interview them?).

Later that day, I got a phone call and they told me I was not getting the job. I was a little upset despite getting all the way to the end and even pass the final interview to not get the job, especially having been referred to another role from the beginning.

I got a phone call a week later, as I had asked for them for their services to find me something suitable, and I spoke with the team leader and he mentioned that I showed great interest in the Recruitment Consultant role. However, I was happy with the resourcer role and I did voice that out to them, but I also showed interest in staying long-term with the company and progressing eventually to a Recruitment Consultant role. which is why they might have thought I really wanted that position.

Interview Questions

• It is expected, but some difficult comments of questions are asked during the role play. You should not feel pressured or hesitate much in giving a response.   Answer Question