Hays plc Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jun 30, 2015

3.3

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

- Telephone interview

- Open day where other internship students attend is less daunting then a one on one interview and gives you the opportunity to find out more

Assessment centre

Final interview

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hays plc (London, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

Thorough interview process had a telephone interview then face to face then I was invited to an assessment centre and then I had an interview with my director. It was really difficult but it shows that they are strict with who they take on

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate and accepted the offer straight away

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hays plc (Northampton, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

Telephone Interview
    Face to Face Interview
    2nd Stage Interview
    Offer

The interview was quick and the company were able to accommodate times to meet. The whole process was to the point and concise.

The sold the company well and ensured I knew the risks and rewards of joining Hays.

Interview Questions

• What do you think a day as a recruitment consultant at Hays is like?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hays plc in February 2015.

Interview

Applied with CV and cover letter. Got a telephone interview which was fairly straight forward, then assessment centre. Assessment centre consisted of a group exercise, a panel interview and a presentation on a topic they give you a week before the assessment centre. I was generally not prepared at all for this assessment day, they are looking for well prepared, determined graduates who know exactly what they want from their careers in finance. Think I was the only candidate at the assessment centre who was still in uni graduating this year, everyone else had graduated the previous year and had experience and sorted their lives out

Interview Questions

• What is the current VAT rate in the UK? What is the current inflation rate? Why should we pick you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hays plc in April 2015.

Interview

I have always been very reluctant to use agencies when searching for a job. Being recruiter myself this sounds strange, I know!
    I have been encouraged to use Hays services as supposedly one of the best agencies out there...
    Well, I didn't change my mind. It was hard to get hold of the agent who has been managing my 'case', they were reluctant to disclose the name of the company i supposed to apply to (??!!) and then took forever to get back with any feedback. In fact they have just forgot all about me.
    You would think that the candidate management is as important as client management...

I was hassled by Hays back when I was 'the client'. I have not received good treatment as a candidate.

I have now found a new job (directly). I'm sure I will speak to 'consultative' Hays representative again, as a client this time. I don't think the conversation will go well...

Interview Questions

• There were a standard tel. interview questions to verify my suitability for the role before CV submission.   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hays plc (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

First I had a telephone interview, which was good as I was told in detail about the entire process and told what to expect. After this I had a face to face interview in Milton Keynes. I was honest from the start about not having any experience and I was given a fair interview and feedback immediately about how I did. I was then invited to an assessment centre where I met the Directors. They put us through some tough role plays, which involved situations we may expect to find ourselves in. This was a good test to see how we could think on our feet. Having been successful during this stage, I then went to a final interview where we discussed the assessment centre, how I think I did and was then offered a role.

Interview Questions

• What makes me want to work for Hays?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation required

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hays plc (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

4 Stages:
    1) Telephone (circa 15 mins)
    2) Face to Face (CBI - 1 hour)
    3) Assessment Centre (circa 4 hours - with 8-12 people at it. A number of different role plays. Do some research on recruitment techniques and good outcomes)
    4) Final Face to Face with Director (1-2 Hours - addressing any concerns you think they might have about it. You need to be able to self-critique here).

Interview Questions

• A lot about the four core values and how I could demonstrate it.   1 Answer

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hays plc.

Interview

The first stage was a telephone interview which was pretty straight forward. The lady was really friendly on the phone and made me feel at ease. The second stage was a competency interview with a member of the internal recruitment team. This was also quite relaxed and involved a short role play in which you have to try and sell a candidate. The third stage was an assessment centre. I was really nervous about this but it actually turned out to be pretty fun and offered a good insight into what's expected of you on a daily basis. The final stage is an interview with a director.... I have it this week!!

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hays plc (Leeds, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

4 stages to the interview process.
    1. Application and telephone interview
    2. Face to face competency based interview
    3. Sales Assessment (role play scenarios and presentations)
    4. Final interview with manager, directors and mentor
    I went for the sales assessment yesterday (04/06/15) and it was an extremely positive experience. Hays made me feel welcome, relaxed and I didn't feel like I was being judged, rather I felt supported and encouraged to do well. Received a call 2 hours after leaving congratulating me on reaching the final stage, full feedback on performance was also given!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in recruitment?
      What transferable skills do you have that are relevant to this role?
      Etc...

1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hays plc in May 2015.

Interview

telephone interview > maanager interview.
    They were really nice, gave me feedback straight away.
    However the job description says "no sales or recruitment experience needed", after the interview the manager told me to get some sales experience then I can apply again, which is a bit contradicting. Felt a bit cheated when she told me that. Like don't put some skill/qulaification I need in order to succeed the recruitment process. It was a waste of time after the manager told me that