Hazelden Interview Questions

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hazelden

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hazelden (Saint Paul, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Typical behavior interview with a 4 on 1 interview panel. Questions were decided in advanced by panel and they stayed to the questions. 45 minutes answering questions, then 20 minutes for them to answer my questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your ability to challenge management and how successful are you.   1 Answer

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Center City, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hazelden (Center City, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

In-depth and encouraging. Started with phone interview, then 1:1 with hiring manager, then peer interview (4 people, one virtual from Oregon), then a stakeholder interview (5 people from the business area I would be supporting). The whole process took 2.5 months, but I learned a lot along the way and they learned a lot about me.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based - examples, specific situations, past behavior. Questions based on competencies for the job and standards of behavior required for all staff members.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hazelden.

Interview

If you pass the phone interview, they will have 2 face to face interviews. One interview will be with the hiring manager. If you pass that one, the second interview will be a panel with the team you will be working with.

Interview Questions

• There isn't really any difficult or unexpected questions. They are all very common.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't any.

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hazelden (Portland, OR) in April 2012.

Interview

Interviewed and Background check took a long time (about 3 weeks). No UA's performed on any employees (I think this is a big mistake because of the nature of the business). Non profit organization.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate. Starting salary good but not able to negotiate for part time WITH benefits.

Director Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hazelden in October 2009.

Interview

Submitted resume on-line and received an automated reply that it was being reviewed. Given a 2-3 week e-mail response but it actually took about 8 weeks before I received a call to arrange a phone interview. The call was on time and a thirty minute interview was scheduled. I had the ability to ask questions and was prepared to do so after researching the company. I mentioned some people I know at Hazelden and they were receptive to hear that.