Hazen and Sawyer

Relevance Date Difficulty

Environmental Scientist Interview

Environmental Scientist

Interviewed at Hazen and Sawyer

Interview Details – The interviewers were very kind and easy to talk to. They had standard interview questions. There were two interviewers, a boss and a team member.

Interview Question – There wasn't an unexpected question.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The current living situation made it too difficult for the job requirements.

Very Easy Interview

Associate Interview

Associate
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hazen and Sawyer in January 2009.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by HR to setup the interview. I had to reschedule the interview because of a scheduling conflict. HR was very accommodating. The interview was very pleasant and positive. The hiring manager knew exactly what he was looking for. After the completion of the interview it was evident to both of us that this was going to be a very good fit!

Interview Question – None of the questions asked were difficult to answer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The hiring manager was very accommodating during the salary negotiation process as well!

IT Network Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hazen and Sawyer in September 2012.

Interview Details – Found the ad for the position posted on job boards - showed up in a typical Indeed.com search. Was notified via email from the HR department that they were interested, and to schedule an interview. Interview happened as expected - noticed from the sign in sheet at the front desk that many many interviews had been scheduled for that one day - at least ten people had been in to see the same person that I was to see. Interview was with one individual, the head of the IT department. Interview went well with typical interview like questions - not really off the wall - was mostly a conversation.

Interview Question – There were no surprise questions.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Deputy Resident Engineer Interview

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Hazen and Sawyer in October 2010.

Interview Details – People were not skilled in interview skills- desparate to hire because last person hired quit after 2 weeks.
Knowledge of job they were trying to fill was vague.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Hazen and Sawyer?   View Answer
  • When can you start? We won't wait long to fill the position   View Answer

Reason for Declining – No training program, no future career opportunities - Company benefits- were just standard- had to wait 4 years for their profit sharing program to pay out- no matching on 401k-

Designer Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Hazen and Sawyer in February 2012.

Interview Details – short, misleading

Interview Question – there were none   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Hazen and Sawyer? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hazen and Sawyer interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hazen and Sawyer employees and interview candidates.