Hazen and Sawyer

2.0

Assistant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Hazen and Sawyer in November 2014.

I was initially contacted within a week of applying for the job by e-mail. After hearing no response I called the office and talked with the manager for 10-15 minutes before setting up an interview. A couple weeks later I went down to the office for an interview. Overall the process went very smoothly and was told I would be contacted within 3 weeks. At the end of three weeks I called to find out that the job had been offered to someone else with a years worth of experience (I don't have any yet). Other than not hearing back the whole process was handled very professionally.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think it takes to be successful in a company like ours?   Answer Question

Environmental Scientist Interview

The interviewers were very kind and easy to talk to. They had standard interview questions. There were two interviewers, a boss and a team member.

Interview Questions

The current living situation made it too difficult for the job requirements.

IT Network Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hazen and Sawyer in September 2012.

Found the ad for the position posted on job boards - showed up in a typical Indeed.com search. Was notified via email from the HR department that they were interested, and to schedule an interview. Interview happened as expected - noticed from the sign in sheet at the front desk that many many interviews had been scheduled for that one day - at least ten people had been in to see the same person that I was to see. Interview was with one individual, the head of the IT department. Interview went well with typical interview like questions - not really off the wall - was mostly a conversation.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hazen and Sawyer in February 2012.

short, misleading

Deputy Resident Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Hazen and Sawyer in October 2010.

People were not skilled in interview skills- desparate to hire because last person hired quit after 2 weeks.
    Knowledge of job they were trying to fill was vague.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Hazen and Sawyer?   View Answer
    • When can you start? We won't wait long to fill the position   View Answer

No training program, no future career opportunities - Company benefits- were just standard- had to wait 4 years for their profit sharing program to pay out- no matching on 401k-

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hazen and Sawyer in January 2009.

I was initially contacted by HR to setup the interview. I had to reschedule the interview because of a scheduling conflict. HR was very accommodating. The interview was very pleasant and positive. The hiring manager knew exactly what he was looking for. After the completion of the interview it was evident to both of us that this was going to be a very good fit!

Interview Questions
    The hiring manager was very accommodating during the salary negotiation process as well!