Hcsc

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Hcsc.

Interview Details – Be sure to bring extra copies of your resume. Print it on quality neutral color paper, if you're able to do so. Be prepared to answer questions about your future goals, as well as strengths & weaknesses.

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hcsc.

Interview Details – Applied online and received e-mail from recruiter with questions to answer. Met with recruiter during job fair and she said an interview within several weeks. 7 months later and no interview. Recruiter won't even reply to my e-mails.

HCSC is a really unprofessional firm. Their people are disorganized and make empty promises to you. Terrible attitude, terrible company.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in HealthCare IT?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hcsc in June 2013.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews with SMEs before selection

Interview Question – What would you like to accomplish in the first 90 days in the position?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Product Specialist Interview

Senior Product Specialist
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Hcsc in November 2010.

Interview Details – I submitted an application in July and was called in November with a start date in January. I met with a total of seven people before I received an offer. The position I was offered was not the same one I interviewed for originally.

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a sign-on bonus.

Very Easy Interview

Attorney Interview

Attorney

Interviewed at Hcsc

Interview Details – I exchanged around 50 emails with the recruiter and HR. Conducted an initial 30 minute phone interview with the recruiter, another longer interview with HR, and finally a phone interview with the GC. At the last interview, I was told that I was among the final candidates, and that I was to wait for a schedule for a face-to-face interview. A few weeks later, after several follow-up calls and emails went ignored, I received a form email, with my name misspelled and all lower case, letting me know that I was not selected for the job. I have never dealt with a more unprofessional or worse-organized bunch.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hcsc in July 2013.

Interview Details – Eventually got a job, but had several interviews and most often interviewing managers were not prepared, 75% of the time they have someone in mind already.
What you need to know from a long time veteran

Leadership openings 75% or more of the time they have someone already in mind
Sr professional level 50% of the time they have someone in mind, but be prepared by understanding the work involved, and convey your ability to get the job done.
Great place for entry or mid level jobs.
Recommendations help at HCSC.

Negotiation Details – It was a good offer, plus I was an internal candidate, they do not negotiate much with internal candidates

Information Quality Analyst Interview

Information Quality Analyst
Naperville, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hcsc in October 2011.

Interview Details – My personal first and only impression of, Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC) /Hallmark Service Corporation, is that they are not professional.

I had two interviews (Subsidiary/Hallmark Services Corp) totaling more 3.5 hours of my time, and not once did they ever give me any feedback, either by email or phone. If I was truly one of their finalists, as the hiring manager said, you’d think they would have the class and corporate professionalism to inform the applicant when they have made a decision on a candidate. You would think the Hiring Manager would see to this as a professional courtesy to the applicant.

Interview Question – All questions were average for me since I have been doing the job for more than 15 years   View Answer

Reimbursement Analyst Interview

Reimbursement Analyst
Chicago, IL

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hcsc in October 2011.

Interview Details – Brief phone interview with HR to set up in person interview. Had a 1 hour interview with hiring manager and another manager. Briefly met the Director.
The interview was pretty relaxed, no difficult questions, it was more conversational. Had good rapport with the people I spoke with. Beautiful office and great location right off of Lake Shore Drive. Great views from the offices.
Sent an e-mail after 2 weeks asking for status. Heard back immediately that the interviewing process would soon be complete. Received an e-mail a week later stating that I was not selected.

Interview Question – Describe your background.   Answer Question

Summer Help Position Interview

Summer Help Position
Naperville, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Hcsc in June 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online. Called a few days later, left a voicemail and received a call the next day to set up an appointment for the following week. My interview began by doing a word processing test on the computer. I then had my one on one interview. It went very well. the people were very nice. the office setting was welcoming.

Interview Question – How do you define diversity and how do you experience it   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Actuarial
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hcsc in June 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly laid back and straightforward. There were a series of interviews with different managers from the department and a casual lunch with two of the current actuarial students. Everyone was very polite and helpful and really wanted to make certain that I understood the benefits (and consequences) of their student program. Overall, it was a very smooth and pain-free process.

Interview Question – Questions were pretty standard just out of college questions. There weren't really any "Google" type questions asked.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Hcsc? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hcsc interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hcsc employees and interview candidates.