Hcsc Interview Questions & Reviews

31 interviews

2.7

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hcsc in July 2013.

Eventually got a job, but had several interviews and most often interviewing managers were not prepared, 75% of the time they have someone in mind already.
    What you need to know from a long time veteran

Leadership openings 75% or more of the time they have someone already in mind
    Sr professional level 50% of the time they have someone in mind, but be prepared by understanding the work involved, and convey your ability to get the job done.
    Great place for entry or mid level jobs.
    Recommendations help at HCSC.

It was a good offer, plus I was an internal candidate, they do not negotiate much with internal candidates

Senior Database Administrator Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hcsc.

No comment

Interview Questions
    • Moderately difficult. I went through 3 rounds of technical interviews when I first joined the company.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hcsc.

The process was very professional. Initial communication with HR was through email, then went through a 2 part interview process (in office then on the phone).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to give bad news to an Executive?   Answer Question

CAFM Specialist/Facilities Planning Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Hcsc.

There was alot ot paperwork, and a few tests: on bacis Mocrosoft Office programs, and a drug test (hair). Then, after two interviews, one with my curent boss and then the next was with her and some executives in Chicago on a conference call. The entire process took 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    Very comfortable! Their offer was higher than I expected!

Senior Project Manager Interview

Phone screen through a preferred vendor.

Interview Questions
    • What data would you present to a Program Manager to indicate what activities were on the critical path of your project.   View Answer

Information Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hcsc in October 2011.

My personal first and only impression of, Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC) /Hallmark Service Corporation, is that they are not professional.

I had two interviews (Subsidiary/Hallmark Services Corp) totaling more 3.5 hours of my time, and not once did they ever give me any feedback, either by email or phone. If I was truly one of their finalists, as the hiring manager said, you’d think they would have the class and corporate professionalism to inform the applicant when they have made a decision on a candidate. You would think the Hiring Manager would see to this as a professional courtesy to the applicant.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were average for me since I have been doing the job for more than 15 years   View Answer

Reimbursement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hcsc in October 2011.

Brief phone interview with HR to set up in person interview. Had a 1 hour interview with hiring manager and another manager. Briefly met the Director.
    The interview was pretty relaxed, no difficult questions, it was more conversational. Had good rapport with the people I spoke with. Beautiful office and great location right off of Lake Shore Drive. Great views from the offices.
    Sent an e-mail after 2 weeks asking for status. Heard back immediately that the interviewing process would soon be complete. Received an e-mail a week later stating that I was not selected.

Summer Help Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Hcsc in June 2011.

I applied online. Called a few days later, left a voicemail and received a call the next day to set up an appointment for the following week. My interview began by doing a word processing test on the computer. I then had my one on one interview. It went very well. the people were very nice. the office setting was welcoming.

Interview Questions
    • How do you define diversity and how do you experience it   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Hcsc in June 2011.

The interview process was fairly laid back and straightforward. There were a series of interviews with different managers from the department and a casual lunch with two of the current actuarial students. Everyone was very polite and helpful and really wanted to make certain that I understood the benefits (and consequences) of their student program. Overall, it was a very smooth and pain-free process.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty standard just out of college questions. There weren't really any "Google" type questions asked.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hcsc in June 2011.

- received a brief phone call in 30 days
    - went to 1:1 45min interview
    - went to another 30 min interview with 2 people
    - took around 3 weeks for background/drug test
    I described my experience, gave them detailed information about some budgets and past projects

Interview Questions
    • No tricky questions. Had questions about my past, why am I leaving and where do I see myself in 3 months or couple of years. Very professional.   Answer Question
    I received an offer and decided to counter-offer; nevertheless they decided not to accept my counter-offer and I ended up with their original offer.