Headspring

3.8

Front-End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Headspring in November 2014.

About 6 interviews/meetings. 1st interview with a recruiter for an initial conversation to know what was my interest and current and desired salary. 2nd interview with the director of engineering to discuss the requirements of a project. Had a week to develop the project and then present it to the director of engineering and vice-president of operations in a 3rd interview. During the presentation live coding was a requirement and detailed explanation about what was done. A 4th interview to discuss additional topics like future interests, what I've done in the last years, projects worked, current role and responsibilities in the current employment, etc. Next 5th interview was presential in the offices of Dallas, TX. Company paid for the flight and offered me options (support) for staying and transportation. The office is great and located in a great building in Addison, TX. During the presential interview, I was required to discuss with the director of engineering a topic that passionate me during 30 minutes, another 1 hour for dicussing projects I have worked on in my last years in a more technical discussion. 30 mins were provided to ask questions. Just few minutes after leaving the office, two recruiters called me to discuss the position that I qualify and the possible salary. Two days later I talked to the vice president, director of engineering, and recruiters for a formal offer. Few hours later I received the formal letter. It was an amazing and constructive experience.

Interview Questions
    Recruiters specified me for what position and salary I qualify and allow me to provide an honest amount for relocation. Formal letter was exactly as I expected and there was no changes after what I talked with the recruiters after the last presential interview.

Demand Generation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Headspring.

I found this job posting on LinkedIn, and applied through the Jobvite URL. I received an email one day later from an HR representative asking to schedule an introductory call. We set up a 30-minute meeting for the next day. The scheduled time came and went and I never received a phone call. I emailed her back asking if we should reschedule. She apologized and setup a new time for 2 days later. That time came and went and again, I never received a phone call. I decided that the behavior may be indicative of underlying issues at the company and I decided to not pursue the opportunity further. I emailed her one last time to withdraw my application and wished them the best of luck.

Headspring Response

Oct 23, 2014Recruiting Specialist

I am so sorry to hear about your experience. This is not representative of our recruiting process as you can see from our other Glassdoor reviews. I'd like to hear more about this. Please feel ... More

Demand Generation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Headspring in October 2014.

Initially applied online and was emailed back an auto reply. Two weeks later I received an email reply, which led to an HR phone interview, interview with a vendor/partner, and two days of in-person interviews. My first day of interviews was fine, but on the second day, it seemed as though there was some miscommunication in the team regarding the specs for the position. Something I was specifically told by Marketing on day 1 was not in the job requirements was listed as 'critical' on day 2 in my sales interview. It left me feeling a little confused as to who was mistaken and if everyone was on the same page. The Sales Interview was extremely aggressive and it was a huge turn off as it was such a drastic departure from every one else I had spoken with. I had a hard time answering how I would craft a Demand Gen plan in the first month/two because I was told not to include social media/advertising on Day 1 and told to include it on Day 2.

Interview Questions
    • A detailed plan of how I would execute Demand Gen for the first month.   View Answer

Junior Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Headspring.

I had a very odd experience. I submitted my resume online and also sent it to a hiring manager (as is my typical procedure). I got a call from HR a couple of days later to set up the initial screening. The recruiter asked the typical questions: salary expectations, why do you want to work here, etc. As for salary, I did give them a number but said it was negotiable (I am changing careers and realize that I may need to take a pay cut). She said my information would be forwarded to the hiring manager. About 2 days later, I got an email from her stating that my qualifications did not match their needs at this time. I really wanted to work at this company (at the time), and so I replied and asked if there was any other feedback from the hiring manager, so that I could improve my skills or presentation for next time. I also sent a similar email to the hiring manager I had contacted.

I got a response from neither the recruiter nor the hiring manager, but instead from the director of HR. She told me that my salary expectations were way out of line for the role and that was why I got rejected. I replied and said I really didn't want that to be the reason that I wasn't considered, and repeated that I was willing to take a pay cut for the right position. I never heard back.

All in all, it was a very strange experience that I have not experienced with any other company. I thought it was silly that they wouldn't even talk to me just because my previous salary was above their range for this position, even though I specifically said I would take a pay cut. Maybe this was a bogus reason and the real reason was something else...I don't know. It didn't leave me with a great impression of this company though and now I think I'm better off not working there.

Interview Questions
    • What are your salary expectations (based on my experience, don't answer this one honestly).   Answer Question

Senior .NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sam Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sam Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Headspring in March 2014.

Fairly straight forward, couple calls from VP then the recruiter, then live code test with a technical consultant. then not sure what next.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are fairly easy, if you really know things, here are completed set of all questions I get:
      1) Create a program to display numbers between 1-100, but if the number is divisible by 3, print 'fizz' if divisible by 5, print 'buzz'. If divisible by both 3 &5 print 'fizz buzz'
      2) Create reusable library (DLL) for the code above and write code to use that library
      3) Instead of printing hardcode numbers 1-100, and fizz/buzz, allow user to specify those parameters whichever way they like
      4) Modify the code to return some sort of indication if they specify invalid range such as 100-1 instead of 1-100
      5) write unit test for this program (I didn't answer this one, cuz I have never use it)
      6) Modify the code so that it can handle any condition for example what if user specified range from 1billion to 10billions. (not quite sure what interviewer wanted me to do on this at all)

--Most difficult part? not really I was having fun, the interviewer made me feel like he was very happy with my code, but it was a total fake, he I turned around a gave me a negative assessment LOL for couple not really that important questions #5-6, may be because I was interviewed for a 6-digit salary and not a junior or mid level so he expected a whole lot more??? That is alright I wasn't looking for job at the time, HeadSpring VP contacted me first via LinkedIn and I thought why not give it a try, if I get it....great! otherwise, life goes on! so hope this helps to whoever next!

View Answers (2)

Mobile Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Headspring in February 2014.

A senior developer gave a phone screen first followed by a Live Coding Test.

Interview Questions
    • I had to share my screen and be watched coding. They let me write a simple mobile app , using your favorite platform. I chose Android. It was just reading some JSON data returned from restful apis, showing them in a listview and clicking one to show detailed info which was also returned by restful apis.
      Not that hard actually. But they told me that I needed to ask more questions about the requirement. Also they said my code was not organized in an MVC way and I should work on the model class first. But android is not that MVCish for most of the time. I used thread and handler to get data and update the UI. I didn't think I needed a model class for the data, cuz the data was stored remotely. And they said I could use some android restful library to get the data, but I mean isn't the most common way is to create an HTTPURLConnection, read the inputstream and create a JSONObject?! They are very nice and kind people, but I can tell they've never written any android apps. So that's very frustrating, but they did give me good advice.

View Answer

Recruiting/Sales Specialist Interview

My interview process is not a typical one. Very unique

For my position, I only had two interviews. The initial one was for a sales position and was on-site with Sales Director (now President) and one other Sales Consultant. Basically asked me what motivated me so they could gauge my drive level. Very casual and laid back. The guys are super easy to talk to. No stupid typical interview questions. Just wanted to get a feel for me.
    Second interview threw me a curveball. They introduced a brand new position for the company; I would be the first employee to hold that title. It was a hybrid of Sales and Recruiting. They needed more engineers than clients. At first I was hesitant since I have no Recruiting experience, but I knew I wanted to get in to the company. I started to realize that management knew what they were doing, because they recognized a need in their own company and adapted. Very impressive

Interview Questions
    • Again, for my position, I had a unique process. The most difficult question I encountered was what motivated me.   Answer Question

Senior .NET Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Headspring in December 2013.

I was called by a Headspring recruiter. After talking with him for a few minutes we set up a interview via the phone for the next week. The first interview went fine, he asked about what technologies I used in the past, my work experience and told me about Headspring. I was excited about moving to the next step. The next interview was another phone interview that was setup for later that week at 2:00pm. 2pm came and went, yet I never received a call. I emailed my point of contact and three days later I received an email. I was told in the email that something had come up and wanted to reschedule. I was upset because I took off work to interview. I never received a email or a phone call prior to the interview to reschedule. I declined.

Headspring Response

Jan 14, 2015Recruiting Specialist

We apologize for any inconvenience we might have caused you and this is certainly not the typical process in interviewing here at Headspring. We are hiring at a very rapid rate right now and ... More

Senior Consultant II Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Headspring.

The hiring process was a great experience. I had an initial phone call with a Recruiter in which I was able to ask questions about the company to get a feel for whether the role and company were a good fit. Immediately after they sent me information on salaries, job descriptions, and why Headspring is a great place to work. I was invited to a Brown Bag lunch and attended so I was able to get a feel for the office environment and employees. At that point I started the standard 3-step interview process - all at my pace. The first interview was a quick phone screen with a Recruiting Specialist who asked general questions about websites I visit, books I read, why I was leaving my current employer.
    Next was a 30 minute 1x1 interview/discussion about my experience. And final step was a presentation. The role I would be filling would be one of the first non-development roles so my presentation was a little different than most. I was given a case study and asked to present my project approach after a mock technical analysis.

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Headspring.

Starts off with initial 30 min HR Screening where they ask your salary requirements, general educational and technical background. A 45 min live code session follows where you basically write live code on a general problem. You are sharing your screen with a Senior developer at Headspring and talking at the same time while writing code. I was given two logic and behavioral assessments prior to getting an on-site interview. For me onsite interview was quite relaxing and did not involve many technical questions. The interview lasted 2 hours where in the first 30 mins you teach something you know (a skill or anything), followed by an hour long interview where you basically talk about one of your previous projects.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to draw the project architecture on the whiteboard.   Answer Question