Headstrong

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Headstrong in January 2014.

Interview Details – Walkin Interview (location: Hyderabad). Below was the interview process:

1) Technical round 1 - Basic questions regarding current employment, production support, 24X7 experience, change management etc.

2) Technical round 2 - Questions related to Microsoft SQL, change management, IIS (basic concepts), questions based on skills listed in resume.

3) Managerial round - This is just a formality round to check communication skills and how serious we are regarding the job opportunity. Question asked - What was the last outage you handled and how did you resolve it ? Explained the scenario.

4) HR round - Typical questions like why looking for a job change etc etc.

Overall the technical rounds were easy if you are good at what you do - production support. The pay they offered was good, more than what I asked for.

Interview Question – None. The questions asked were easy and individuals should be able to answer if they have good experience in production support.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Headstrong in July 2011.

Interview Details – Initial communication: Through Linkedin with HR
Interviews: three rounds of discussion based on domain knowledge in the securities market. Focus on previous work experience and demonstrable industry experience.
HR Round: Negotiation

Interview Question – > Trade Life cycle of derivative trade   Answer Question

Noida (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Headstrong.

Interview Details – I had 4 interviews and those were pretty good

Interview Question – Nothing that i can recall   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They negotiated a lot on salary which didn't look so decent to me

Noida (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Headstrong in April 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was done over phone. Interview was tough and very technical. Lately I have observed, interview standard have gone to low.
Earlier IIT, REC and Top college passout were mandate, now even Diploma holder are provided oppurtunity, Its not wrong, but Interview standards/question should not be compromised.

Also, I was not told about written test earlier. When all my rounds were cleared and I went to take offer letter, I was given a written test to clear.
(Though I denied to give any test, once offer was already made, as it was not told before)

Recruiter talks, like she is selling vegetable. Negotiates for 5k aswell, which is pathetic.
Know few cases, who offered salary(over phone) and offer letter were different.
(it may be geniune error, but too frequent to happen and believe)

Please check before you sign

Interview Question – What if, you leave in 6 Months?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Lasted for 3 days

Noida (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Headstrong in November 2009.

Interview Details – A minimum of 2 tech rounds followed by managerial round and HR round.

Interview Question – Core Java questions related to Collections, OOPS concepts, Multi-threading, Serialization.
ques like: Hashcode contract, internal implementation of HashMap, Concurrent APIs.
database concepts - Indexes, Triggers; Unix concepts
  Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Headstrong in May 2011.

Interview Details – Basic Core java concepts along with multi threading and serialization 2 rounds of interview followed by manager round and the final HR discussion

Negotiation Details – Not Negotiate they have fixed number and band they are rigid with that and not to the market Standards

Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Headstrong in March 2009.

Interview Details – First there will be a telephonic interview which will judge all the basics. Mine was in Java. Once you clear that there will be another telephonic interview which will be little deep and then there will a managerial interview where manager will find out if u know any processes or not.

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate much

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Headstrong in November 2009.

Interview Details – There were two rounds of Technical and personal interview on phone.
In technical interview they have covered almost a to z of Java/J2ee technologies.
As i had decent knowledge , i was able to answer almost 80% of the question.
Second call was more personal where they have asked more questions on back ground and educational qualification and followed by a written test.

Interview Question – Why your % is 66% in 12th? why it is not 80%?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – HR will have some budget. People can negotiate if they have prior data on the salary with the company.

Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Headstrong in October 2012.

Interview Details – it was a discussion rather than an interview. people are very cooperative and helping nature.

Interview Question – Write a immutable class   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NA

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Headstrong in October 2010.

Interview Details – have taken 2 technical round followed with HR cum deliver manager round

Interview Questions

• Some basic java conceptual multithreading issue   View Answer
  • How you help organisation in deliver manager round   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I have asked quite low 5 lacks INR for 3 years experience ... they give me 5.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Headstrong

Worked for Headstrong? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Headstrong Consultant interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Headstrong employees and interview candidates.