Headstrong

104 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Lead Interview

Technical Lead

I applied online - interviewed at Headstrong in May 2014.

Interview Details – 2 technical rounds of interviews. depends on project to project. some times they ask for client interview then manager round and then salary discussion with HR. then u are al set.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Headstrong.

Interview Details – Risk Management , Project planning, Ms Project, Budgets. Senior Project Manager Interviewed, followed by the Head of the Department. Had a telephonic and then Skyped since I was in another state.

Negotiation Details – You have to be smart, if you ask for GC to be filled they might come down thats what I heard from others, I dont know since I didnot want a GC

Managing Consultant Interview

Managing Consultant
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Headstrong in July 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed in US Office
2 high level interviews, 1 HR interview

Interview Question – Nothing. Just basic background questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Extensive negotiation. 2 weeks or more.

Delivery Manager Interview

Delivery Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Headstrong in January 2009.

Interview Details – Interview's are based on current employees assigned to projects.

Interview Question – Actually, there are none. They really don't know how to interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you're good in your field ask for what you want, they will lowball you into an insult. If you really want to work here then dig your own grave. Stick to your number and if you get it, take it, if not, walk away.

Managing Consultant Interview

Managing Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Headstrong.

Interview Details – No more than 10 questions on the subject matter - because the interviewer also does not know what specific to ask.

Interview Question – Length of work in the other areas   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, whatever they offered, unless they had an IMMEDIATE need

Principal Interview

Principal
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Headstrong in June 2010.

Interview Details – Basic interview with standard questions but not too challenging by any means. More focused on bodies and contacts versus quality of delivery and experiences from the past that could be brought forward.

Interview Question – What are your career goals.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Headstrong in June 2011.

Interview Details – I had multiple rounds of phone interview (atleast 6) and you don't hear from them until when they want to schedule another round. The HR person will just be bombarding you with calls every 5 minutes the day before they want to schedule an interview, hoping that you are available 24*7 for them. She will leave a message to ask you to call her back, leaving no additional message of why they want you to call back. No email correspondence either. They will sincerely ask your availability and say that they will schedule the interview at that time, but they wont get back to you or apologize for not calling. Your time will be lost in blocking that day for this recruiter / waiting for their call, while the time could be better spent on something else.
The HR person does not even know what job responsibilities the candidate needs to have. They only know what position they are hiring for. It is better that you ask the interviewer from the project / client all these details and see whether you fit in the role.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Salary was too low compared to market rates.
No proper communication. Seems the project people and HR people are not in sync. If it is the case even before I join, I wonder how it will be after I join.
They never put anything in writing / email. Only phone conversations.

Lead Consultant Interview

Lead Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Headstrong in May 2010.

Interview Details – Posted through employee referral. HR was initially not interested. You get a call only if there is a requirement on client side. They dont have a talent building process. HR took a phone interview with basic HR questions. Followed by technical interview by manager @ headstrong. Followed by 3 technical interviews by the client.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Very much negotiable. If client has made up the mind, the negotiation is easy.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Fairfax, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Headstrong in May 2007.

Interview Details – - People that interviewed me had decent knowledge on subjects, but they always pretended as if they knew way more.

- Interview was mostly on outdated technologies

- They did not look prepared for the interview

Interview Question – When would you chose .Net over Java   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate

Interviewed at Headstrong

Interview Details – It was a College Placement with four rounds. Written and group discussion were tough but later two interviews were just formalities. 1st one was technical and the other one was HR

Worked for Headstrong? Contribute to the Community!