Heald College

2.7

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Heald College.

The interview process was simple - submit resume, interview with Academic Director, and complete a teaching demonstration. However, the lack of timeliness and correct information on when, where, and what he teaching demonstration was to be made preparations difficult. Also, they did not respond to follow-up phone calls in a timely manner.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time when you were faced with a difficult situation. What was the situation, what did you do, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    No negotiations were done for any position. You were told what they would pay and either accept that or decline the position.

Student Records Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Heald College.

I applied and received a call from the Registrar himself a week later, met with him later that week. It was simple wanted to know what my strengths were, what I could contribute. Mostly he talked about the department and what he was looking for.

No negotiation.

Admissions Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Heald College.

The "interview" was terrible! I was placed in a room with at least 30 other people and had to sit and go over a 30 minute powerpoint presentation. The whole job is being a telemarketer and they said you have to be prepared to answer 500+ calls a day. All they care about is their numbers and don't really care about the well being of the student. I was expecting something more personal with students and helping them reach their goals. Not having them just be a number for my quota.

Career Services Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Heald College.

Initial interview with director, then team, campus president, and finally corporate director of career services. Process went really quickly considering all the people to meet with. Processes for other positions are not as easy as career services.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a student who is unresponsive to you?   Answer Question
    Yes I was able to negotiate. Stay firm on your salary. If they want you they week give it to you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salinas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salinas, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Heald College in August 2014.

Applied to Admissions Advisor position online early in the week and received a call the following day regarding my interest in the position. The interview--or group interview--was held the Friday of that same week in the evening.
    As the job description focused on helping students find their career interests and getting them enrolled, I was very much interested. However, this description was misleading.

During the beginning of the group interview, the interviewer was honest and straight forward about the position--it was a sales job. A sales job that would require making 100-200 calls daily to get a lead that may or may not end up with a potentially interested student.
     I actually appreciated his honesty very much. It gave me the opportunity to learn what the job entailed and how sales-focused it actually was.
    I did not stay for the group-interview portion; I knew I wasn't fit to be in sales. However, if you have sales experience and are good with people on the phone, this may be a job for you. Best of luck to you!

Career Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Heald College.

Phone Interview, then face to face with Manager, and then another phone interview with Regional Manager. The Face to Face was the most important if you get past that you are hired.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a student that will not contact you back?   View Answer
    The range is 35K to 40K starting usually. I started at 38,500K. I think as long as you have some experience in sales, recruitment or outreach you should be able to start at 38K that way they have room to give you a pay raise. I ended at 44K but that's because I was promoted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Heald College in May 2014.

initial communication was for a one-on-one interview, however when I arrived it was a group interview. I didn't mind it once we got going, but it was a little awkward at first.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you "not" a good fit for this position?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Heald College.

They asked me to come in as soon as possible. So I did, the next day.
    I was excited. When I got to the interview, they asked me some basic questions about myself and told me a lot about the company, it's mission, it's goal, its vision.
    The interview felt more like they were selling me the job instead of my applying. However, after i was hired, the interviewing process god harder.

Now: You have an interview with the president of the school or the senior director of admissions, then you can have either one or two interviews with senior admission staff.

Interview Questions
    I would negotiate a starting salary. They are sometimes flexible.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Mini lesson and interview

High School Admissions Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Heald College.

The hiring process is long, and competitive.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle stress in a stressful situation?
      What keeps motivating you when you do not feel like working?

Answer Question