Health Alliance Plan of Michigan

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Human Resources Intern Interview

Human Resources Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Health Alliance Plan of Michigan.

Interview Details – Was asked to "walk them though my resume."

Interview Question – Asked a few behavioral questions (used STAR method to answer them.)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room to negotiate pay of $12.50

Very Easy Interview

COB Research Interview

COB Research
Southfield, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Health Alliance Plan of Michigan.

Interview Details – First I was called in to take a quick 30 minute quiz on MS Word & Excel. The system crashed several times so I think it graded me incorrectly as it only told me I got 2 items wrong yet I got on 80% so the math was very much off. Next was a face to face interview with the department head who spent more than half of the interview trying to convince me that I didn't want the job telling me how mean her team was, how much they didn't along and went as far as saying the hours weren't good for my kids! Lastly was a third interview and frankly a waste of my time. The third interview was 6 minutes, yep 6! I drove 41 minutes to be told something that could have be put into an e-mail. This interview was with the department head and a team member. The team member asked if I had kids and proceeded to tell me how the job wasn't a good fit for someone with kids.

Interview Question – Do I have kids? What are my daycare plans?   Answer Question

Compliance Interview

Compliance
Troy, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at Health Alliance Plan of Michigan in June 2010.

Interview Details – You will take an intelligence test (PC based) - that if you are not prepared you may find difficult. Research these tests first to look for sample types of questions. I was interviewed by two people. Standard process, no unusual questions or tactics. The interview was pleasant enough and they appeared to have interest in me as a candidate.

Interview Question – Do you have any questions for me / us?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

IT Interview

IT

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Health Alliance Plan of Michigan in August 2008.

Interview Details – Online application selected by internal recruiter; then passed on to IT group for assessment; out of this, the resume for the candidate was evaluated and deemed worthy ofr interview; internal recruiter then conducted phone screen; passing that, IT recruiter conducted in-person 1 on 1 interview; next step was in person interview with IT supervisor and manager; passing that, last interview was panel interview with cross section of IT (5 participants); passing that the candidate was made an offer and accepted.

Interview Question – With many qualified candidates applying for this role, why should it go to you?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Health Alliance Plan of Michigan? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Health Alliance Plan of Michigan interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Health Alliance Plan of Michigan employees and interview candidates.