Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Health CanadaMore
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Health Canada (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).
First you have to create a log in and fill out the online application. I'm not sure what the hiring process is for other departments but for finance we always had to write 2 tests. The first one is usually multiple choice and then the second one is usually something longer that involves a case study. After you pass the tests you will be invited in to an interview with a panel of 3 people.
- Standard questions such as tell me a time you had to deal with diversity at the work place. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months – interviewed at Health Canada in October 2013.
it was a phone interview by a senior economist. no further interview - just one . half behavioural and half technical questions. at first they ask you about your self and see if you are a good fit- looking for excel and statistical software. very pleasant interviewer.
- Where do you see the heath care system in 20 years. What is the number one concern in the canadian health system 1 Answer
I applied online. The process took 6+ months – interviewed at Health Canada.
On-line application is standard followed by a written test, then an interview and reference check. The final step is a security clearance check which depending on the level of clearance required can take a few months to be completed.
- Questions were all your standard behavioural questions - describe a time when you had to deal with diversity... Answer Question
There isn't one.
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Health Canada in September 2010.
apply online, a few questions, situational judgement exam, interview.
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 6+ months – interviewed at Health Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2009.
I filled out a basic online application (they have a system) and got called for a general city-wide interview taking place in my home town. The interviewers asked for paperwork to be filled, questions about simplifying my research, dealing with stress/deadlines/conflicts. Also they mentioned that I mightbe supervised by people with less education than me (M.Sc.). They also asked if I was going to miss bench work (lab). I got a second phone interview 6 months later for a specific situation (due to my graduate courses in toxicology I think). They followed up with a second phone interview 2 weeks later, with the person that was going to be my manager. He asked me to speak in both French and English (luckily I am bilangual) and also asked about current events taking place in Canada ranging from politics to the football championship taking place in my hometown the week before. They called back a week later to offer me the job, without ever meeting me in person. Salary offered was mid 60's, and I found out it would have been 5000 more if I had a PhD.
Reasons for Declining
I did not want to move to Ottawa, the kind of work required of me (report writing only) and the fact that I wanted to get a PhD degree and was on a full doctoral award funding from a major govt agency at the time.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review