Health Canada Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Health Canada

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Health Canada.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone with two senior staff. The meeting was held as a group, and the questions were asked individually by each of the two senior staff. The entire process took about half an hour, and I was asked to complete another technical / written test at the end. After finished all my tasks I got my offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Mostly technical questions and examples of past experience related to the field.   Answer Question

Junior IT Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Health Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

15 minute phone interview. Asked me 2 - 3 questions about challenges I've faced in the past. Also asked me some basics about my major and what I was doing in school. Pleasant interview overall. Got the job offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult task you faced and how you tackled it.   1 Answer

Finance Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Health Canada (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

First you have to create a log in and fill out the online application. I'm not sure what the hiring process is for other departments but for finance we always had to write 2 tests. The first one is usually multiple choice and then the second one is usually something longer that involves a case study. After you pass the tests you will be invited in to an interview with a panel of 3 people.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions such as tell me a time you had to deal with diversity at the work place.   Answer Question

Economic Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Health Canada in October 2013.

Interview

it was a phone interview by a senior economist. no further interview - just one . half behavioural and half technical questions. at first they ask you about your self and see if you are a good fit- looking for excel and statistical software. very pleasant interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see the heath care system in 20 years. What is the number one concern in the canadian health system   1 Answer

Policy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Health Canada.

Interview

On-line application is standard followed by a written test, then an interview and reference check. The final step is a security clearance check which depending on the level of clearance required can take a few months to be completed.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all your standard behavioural questions - describe a time when you had to deal with diversity...   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't one.

Inspector Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Health Canada in September 2010.

Interview

apply online, a few questions, situational judgement exam, interview.

Biologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Health Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2009.

Interview

I filled out a basic online application (they have a system) and got called for a general city-wide interview taking place in my home town. The interviewers asked for paperwork to be filled, questions about simplifying my research, dealing with stress/deadlines/conflicts. Also they mentioned that I mightbe supervised by people with less education than me (M.Sc.). They also asked if I was going to miss bench work (lab). I got a second phone interview 6 months later for a specific situation (due to my graduate courses in toxicology I think). They followed up with a second phone interview 2 weeks later, with the person that was going to be my manager. He asked me to speak in both French and English (luckily I am bilangual) and also asked about current events taking place in Canada ranging from politics to the football championship taking place in my hometown the week before. They called back a week later to offer me the job, without ever meeting me in person. Salary offered was mid 60's, and I found out it would have been 5000 more if I had a PhD.

I did not want to move to Ottawa, the kind of work required of me (report writing only) and the fact that I wanted to get a PhD degree and was on a full doctoral award funding from a major govt agency at the time.