Health Fitness Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2014
Updated Jul 11, 2014

2.4

Health Fitness Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Health Fitness.

Phone interview with recruiter. Interview with hiring manager. Interview with client liason in some cases. They ask standard questions, recruiter don't know a lot about the site in some cases. The program manager will offer specificity in questions to determine if you match.

None.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Health Fitness.

Initial phone screening from recruiter, resume passed along to hiring manager, phone interview, face to face interview. Once hired, background check and drug screening must be completed. Can be frustrating because of lengthy process.

Worksite Screening Event Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Health Fitness.

Applied online, had a phone interview with 3 people: 1 a person who held a position directly above mine (not a manager), and 2 people who held the position I was applying for (again, no manager). I was called from a cell phone conference line and was not able to call people back, no one directly responsible for my training to be able to answer my questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a personal conflict between employees you are managing?   Answer Question
    No negotiation was available. Only accepted to gain experience

Wellness Program Coordinator Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Health Fitness.

Applied online and received an email to schedule a phone interview within one week. Phone interview had pretty generic interview questions (Why do you want this position, how did you become interested in promoting health and fitness, etc.). We scheduled a one on one interview during the phone interview for the following week. The one on one interview lasted about 20 minutes with the tour and the interview questions. I thought that the phone interview was more in depth than the one on one interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were a leader in a group setting   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Went through 3 interviews

Interview Questions
    • They focused a lot on technical skills which was a necessity for the job.   Answer Question

Health Coach Interview

telephone interview

On Call Screener Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Health Fitness in May 2013.

The process was very easy. A phone interview was conducted with a few questions about health. I met the qualifications and was hired immediately.

n/a

Health Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Health Fitness.

Started with a brief 20-minute phone screening, followed by a 1-hour in person interview with two staff people. It was essentially a behavioral interview process, with a lot of "what would you do if..." for customer service related situations. They also had me do a short pretend phone call. Interviewers were friendly and engaging.

Interview Questions
    • None, all of the questions were relatively easy to answer if you have an understanding of how to provide good customer service.   Answer Question

Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Health Fitness in March 2013.

The process went smoothly, interview was done by on site management. Ver professional facilities ensuring the safety and security. Clean atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • Having to take a drug test and conduct and pay for a background checkan city licensing. I felt like I was being treated like a criminal. The employer should pay for this if your not an independent contractor.   Answer Question

Did not feel I should have to pay the fees.

Health Screener Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Health Fitness in June 2012.

Getting hired consisted of submitting resume online. No interview required.

No negotiation involved. A 'take it or leave it' offer.