Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Health Net
- Audit Analyst (1)
- Analyst (1)
- Administrative Assistant III (1)
- Actuarial Trainee (1)
- Healthcare Data Analyst (1)
- Finance Manager (1)
- Project Manager (1)
- Public Affairs Manager (1)
- Executive Assistant (1)
- Senior Business Systems Analyst (1)
- Quality Consultant (1)
- Care Manager (1)
- Marketing Associate (1)
- Customer Service Representative (1)
- Program Manager (1)
- Business Systems Analyst (1)
- Manager (1)
- Health Care Analyst (1)
- Operations Analyst II (1)
- Actuary Trainee (1)
- Membership Accounting Representative (1)
- Multiple Marketing - Manager, Assistant, Associate (1)
- Utilization Management Coordinator I (1)
- Provider Network Administrator (1)
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Health Net.
The team seemed friendly enough. Unorganized - jumping from one topic to another. Seemed mostly there to for a Health Net presentation. Actually the entire interview was mostly a presentation of Health Net and the Department. Didn't understand how they feel I would be qualified if no specific questions were being asked towards me.
- Please tell us about yourself? Basic/Standard questions Answer Question
Helpful (3)No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Health Net.
Got a phone interview without any notice but asked very general question about resume. Did not ask any behavioral questions. The person I talked on the phone was very nice. Quick 5 minute call. On site interview was not difficult either. Just going through resume and very few behavioral question.
- Tell me about your leadership experience Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Health Net.
Interview was one on one . It was not very difficult. The supervisor called and notified the temp agency that I did get the position. I was notified by the temp agency the next day and I started training on the following Monday.
- Accepted OfferPositive Experience
Applied online, received a request for interview the next day. Interview consist of basic questions and situation question, fairly easily and not hard if you understand the question. After interview receive a email for the job two days later. Good and fast process.
- Tell me about a time when you didn't agree with your organization policy and how did you deal with it? Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Health Net (Rancho Cordova, CA) in April 2014.
applied online and submitted tailored cover letter. Received email request for in person interview about a month later. The job posting talked mostly about analytical job duties. At the end it mentioned preference for some SQL programming experience (which I do have). The in person interview was entirely technical - it was as if I had applied for a software engineer position (I am a business analyst). It was completely out of left field. I felt lost and completely stupid - if I had known the job was that much technical, I would not have applied! The job duties were completely misleading and I am not sure how it got so mixed up!
- What SQL programming have you done? Did you query? What types of databases did you use? How much Access experience do you have? Was it gooey? 1 Answer
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Health Net (Oakland, CA) in April 2014.
A well-planned interview, typically use a standard set of questions to assess things such as interpersonal skills, communication skills, and job knowledge. The employer seeks to determine the suitability of the prospective employee for the job, while the employee tries to learn more about the position and the company while also impressing the employer. You must be able to effectively communicate your skills to a potential employer if you hope to have a chance of getting hired. I was fortunate to interview with the director of the department I applied for. I felt confident and comfortable as she was very easy to talk too.
- Where do I see myself in 5years? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days – interviewed at Health Net (Woodland Hills, CA) in July 2013.
I was called to request an interview through a talent agency. Interview was set up very quickly, in a matter of days. Interview was 1 on 1 with the hiring manager and took approximately 2 hours. I was then asked to interview with another manager from the team. I was hired by the agency as a contractor for 3 months then applied for the job and got it.
- Interview questions were relevant to the job, which was procurement. Business process questions, best practices, then technical questions about systems. They also asked about scenarios in the workplace and how I handled them. We also discussed workplace challenges and successes. Very pleasant experience. 1 Answer
- No Offer
Hiring Freeze is in place.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Health Net.
Lots of behavioral questions. Be prepared to give examples.
- What obstacle did you encounter on your last job and how did you overcome it? Answer Question
No room for negotiating
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Health Net (Woodland Hills, CA) in April 2013.
It took three months. The manager job I waited three or more weeks to find out that I did not get it and to be asked if I would be interested in the assistant job then two weeks went by and they said they decided to hire within but would I be interested in the associate position. Three interviews and one of three in the running after two weeks found out they wanted me but they were going in a different direction and the job was no longer being offered.
- Typical questions. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review