Health Net

Relevance Date Difficulty

Utilization Management Coordinator I Interview

Utilization Management Coordinator I

Interviewed at Health Net

Interview Details – Applied online, received a request for interview the next day. Interview consist of basic questions and situation question, fairly easily and not hard if you understand the question. After interview receive a email for the job two days later. Good and fast process.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you didn't agree with your organization policy and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Operations Analyst II Interview

Operations Analyst II
Rancho Cordova, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Health Net in April 2014.

Interview Details – applied online and submitted tailored cover letter. Received email request for in person interview about a month later. The job posting talked mostly about analytical job duties. At the end it mentioned preference for some SQL programming experience (which I do have). The in person interview was entirely technical - it was as if I had applied for a software engineer position (I am a business analyst). It was completely out of left field. I felt lost and completely stupid - if I had known the job was that much technical, I would not have applied! The job duties were completely misleading and I am not sure how it got so mixed up!

Interview Question – What SQL programming have you done? Did you query? What types of databases did you use? How much Access experience do you have? Was it gooey?   View Answer

Multiple Marketing - Manager, Assistant, Associate Interview

Multiple Marketing - Manager, Assistant, Associate
Woodland Hills, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Health Net in April 2013.

Interview Details – It took three months. The manager job I waited three or more weeks to find out that I did not get it and to be asked if I would be interested in the assistant job then two weeks went by and they said they decided to hire within but would I be interested in the associate position. Three interviews and one of three in the running after two weeks found out they wanted me but they were going in a different direction and the job was no longer being offered.

Interview Question – Typical questions.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Health Net in May 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process was a good experience. Paperwork was quick.

Negotiation Details – Not a difficult experience.

Care Manager Interview

Care Manager

Interviewed at Health Net

Interview Details – Hiring Freeze is in place.

Membership Accounting Representative Interview

Membership Accounting Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Health Net.

Interview Details – Lots of behavioral questions. Be prepared to give examples.

Interview Question – What obstacle did you encounter on your last job and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiating

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Rancho Cordova, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Health Net in August 2011.

Interview Details – Had an interview with a company recruiter that went very well. The hiring manager narrowed the candidates down to three and emailed us for in person interviews. The hiring managet did not have prepared situational interview questions that I have been encountering lately, which was pleasant because I could learn more about the position. Overall, it sounded like the team had all been with the company for a long time, it seemed like a good environment, but I was not the best fit.

Interview Question – What do you think are good company values?   Answer Question

Quality Consultant Interview

Quality Consultant
Folsom, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Health Net in February 2010.

Interview Details – 2 Phone Interview and one 1:1 Interview

Interview Questions

Healthcare Data Analyst Interview

Healthcare Data Analyst

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Health Net.

Interview Details – The interview process was quite structured but was very quick and well handled between the corporate office in California and the office in Portland.

Interview Question – I always find the "provide a few examples of..." most difficult. I have a lot of experience from multi-faceted busy positions, and if I don't keep track of specific accomplishments, they tend to be forgotten under "the clutter."   Answer Question

Actuary Trainee Interview

Actuary Trainee

Interviewed at Health Net

Interview Details – I met with my future boss (a director level) and he was very nice. Just told me about the company, its products and the role. They asked me very basic questions about my educational background. I was fresh out of college at that point so there wasn't much for me to talk about really. I think it was more to check for a personality fit.

Interview Question – None of the questions were unexpected. The one technical question asked of me was a probability question based on the binomial distribution.   Answer Question

Worked for Health Net? Contribute to the Community!