HealthCare Partners Medical Group

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.3

Allied Health Provider Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HealthCare Partners Medical Group (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

The admin person emailed me to set up an interview with the expectation that I would come in on a mid-week day that was less than one week away, when I live in a different city (about an 8 hour drive) from the facility. So I started off having to ask for a little more time to arrange travel, and to schedule on a day not right in the middle of the week, since I am currently working. When I arrived, the person interviewing me was running about 15 minutes late, then the interview lasted two hours (no tour/meeting other team members, just two hours in the person's office interviewing). Most of the focus was on educating me about the way the HCP system works, as it is publicly traded and can be very unpredictable, and I left the interview without a clear sense of what the actual day-to-day of the job would look like, despite having asked questions several ways to try to get clearer information. Overall, I thought the interview was disorganized and disrespectful of my time. Then a few weeks later, I got an invitation to come in for a second interview, but declined because of how unclear the job was at the first interview. To be fair, much of my reason for declining had to do with the specific person who would have been my boss, not the company itself. Though I did get the impression people work very very hard and do not get paid very well in this organization.

Interview Questions

• I had to describe how I would handle a particular situation with a patient, relevant to my field.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Interview

Interviewed with Manager of Department and reporting Director after a phone screen with a recruiter and the Manager. Did not interview with colleagues and logistics were managed through HCP recruiter. They reminded me during the interview that they would not pay for travel costs since I was moving from a different state. Not overly stressful.

Regional Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at HealthCare Partners Medical Group.

Interview

Good process overall; very quick. Poor description of realities of role. Job was upsold beyond anything resembling the reality. Otherwise, the interview process was painless and easy, and scheduling was easy.

Negotiation

easy.

Care Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at HealthCare Partners Medical Group.

Interview

So far I had a phone screening and am waiting to hear back. the call went well, the usual questions and a brief summary of what they are looking for

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at HealthCare Partners Medical Group (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2013.

Interview

You fill out the application online. They will call you and let you know if they would like to interview or they will send you an email to let you know that the position has been filled. They have you fill out a form also before going to the interview even though you've already filled one out online.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider your weakness?   1 Answer

RN Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HealthCare Partners Medical Group (Fountain Valley, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Hiring was swift and from application to first phone call with senior recruiter was less than 24 hours. Be weary as it is too good to believe. Interviewed 3 times by 5 different people. Phone and site intererview conducted. Never given a full tour of site as offered. Interview with senior HR recruiter was short and simple with friendly positive approach over phone. Site interviews were conducted on 2 seperate days.

Interview Questions

• What makes you feel you are most qualified for this job over others? There was a fine balance in not coming across as being too confident, exuding, or boisterous versus, having the qualifications and expertise that is sought for this particular position in a positive confidence to not come across inappropriately.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very simple. Too good to be true. Matched previous pay rate which was appreciable.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, CA

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at HealthCare Partners Medical Group (Arcadia, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

First called by administrative assistant to set up interview. Interviewed within 5 work days. Interviewed by 2 directors and 1 manager. Very friendly and courteous. Overall, general questions asked about skills, experience and background. Discussed position responsibilities and current projects. Interview went 1 1/2 hours. One director left after approximately 30 minutes. Position went to internal candidate. Received computer generated letter of decline.

Interview Questions

• What is my software experience?   1 Answer

RN Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HealthCare Partners Medical Group (Torrance, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview took place with the manager in a small office. She asked the usual standard questions. I was very clear about what my goals were and what I was looking for in n employer/employee relationship, and she assured me that they were in alignment with the job expectations (which amounted to be entirely untruthful thereby leading to an ultimately unsuccessful experience). The last 5 minutes, the Director (her boss) came into the room and cheerfully spoke of how great this company is and the progress being made internally. That was the first and ast time I saw this person with a smile.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my personal life: If I had chidren, etc... I mentioned in the interview that I preferred to have 30 minute lunches and wished not to work overtime (it was an hourly non-exempt position) which she agreed to. However, later pressured me to take official one hour lunches. And unpaid overtime ecame the expectation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation allowed. This was made clear by HR. It was a "take it leave it" situation.

Medical Records Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at HealthCare Partners Medical Group (Torrance, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

I applied online and got a call two weeks later to come interview at their temporary staffing office. I first had to take a short test about medical terms, then I was interviewed by a recruiter. I applied for a Receptionist position but was told I may have to wait a while for an opening, but they had a temporary medical records job open, so decided to take that. I was offered the job right on the spot. Had to go to an orientation and training two weeks later.

Negotiation

No nogotiation

PSC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

interviewed at HealthCare Partners Medical Group (Torrance, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

My experience has been great!