HealthMarkets Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at HealthMarkets

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Richland Hills, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Richland Hills, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HealthMarkets in July 2014.

The interview process was pretty straightforward. It started with an initial phone screening interview with the hiring manager, which took about an hour. The call touched on the basic questions around the job description and my background, experience, etc.

A few days later, I was sent a set of four essay questions to answer and return. I was also asked to complete an online analytic skills assessment. The timed test was adaptive, becoming progressively harder as correct answers were given. With only a couple of minutes to answer each question, it was challenging. I had the weekend to complete the questionnaire and assessment.

Later that week they brought me in for an on-site interview with the hiring manager, the VP of Marketing and another member of the marketing team. Given that I was already working full-time, they were very flexible in the timing of the interview. The interview started at 5 PM and they stayed late into the evening to share details on what I may be working on if I was hired and allow me time to ask questions of my own. Their willingness to work with my schedule, staying late to meet with me, is something I rarely encounter and truly appreciate.

About a week after the on-site interview, I received an offer letter from their HR department.

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall any difficult or unexpected question during the interview, per se. I was given a few scenario-based situations and asked how I would address the situation or what solution I may try to implement.   Answer Question

I accepted an offer from a different company.

HealthMarkets Response

Aug 20, 2014HealthMarkets

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your interview experience. Your feedback is vitally important, both to our team internally and to job seekers considering HealthMarkets. We are glad ... More

Independent Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at HealthMarkets.

I participated in a group presentation, did a one on one interview with a Sales Leader, a second one on one was done with the Territory Manager. Decision was made, filled out an application.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at HealthMarkets in September 2009.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter to consider HealthMarkets. We set-up a time to go through a "standard" phone interview, which consisted of the usual initial interview questions and walking through your resume. I was immediately told I'd be moving forward and the recruiter would be in touch to set up an in-person interview with the regional office head manager.

The in-person consisted of a one on one interview which started with an informational presentation of the company. Then I felt like he went into super salesperson mode and all of the reasons to work there, but by using information from 3-4 years ago...thought that was odd.

Interview Questions

Decided not to accept a 100% commission-based position at this time in my career.

Worked for HealthMarkets? Contribute to the Community!