HealthMarkets Interview Questions

Updated Jun 3, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HealthMarkets (Fort Myers, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Just demonstrate that you like helping others. Families, small businesses, provided excellent service built relationship with your client on a personal level. Don't be their just to make a sale try to find out what their needs are and to not cheat customer on buying something they don't need so you can make a sale if that you ll be in trouble

Interview Questions

• Did you do any research before you come   1 Answer

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at HealthMarkets.

Interview

There was no interview. It was just a sales pitch to become an independent contractor that uses their system to sell insurance. They advertised that their top ten first year sale persons averaged 95,000. This sounds pretty good until you take into consideration that this is before taxes and cost of owning a business. Based on this market I could expect to net about $25,000 working 40 hours a week.

Licensed Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at HealthMarkets (West Palm Beach, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

went to a Marriott for a group interview, which is more like a company presentation, they just talked about money, trips, rewards.. then wanted you to pay them $70 for a background check -

Interview Questions

• they didn't really ask much just kept talking about money, trips... was more like an infomercial, actually kind of a water downed Boiler Room speech   1 Answer

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Interview

The interview went very well. Office was clean, staff was gracious and the VP was conscientious about my needs and what I was looking for with this company. I even received a callback from my prospective team leader offering support when I'm ready. I have experience enrolling small businesses in health coverage so this will be a great transition for me as I prefer time freedom and an uncapped income opportunity. Like everything else in life...you get out of it what you put in. I've read negative reviews and even a few ripoff reports on this company. But my guess is that the people who wrote them don't understand that the insurance industry has chargebacks. That's just the nature of the beast. That happens with all insurance agencies who are paid afvance commissions. But If you write good business it will stay on the books especially if you do everything to make sure you develop a relationship with your client and continue to communicate with them after the sale has been completed. I'm looking forward to joining the team.

Interview Questions

• Do I feel comfortable speaking with people about their health and life insurance needs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Honest and reasonable.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at HealthMarkets in January 2015.

Interview

Quick face to face meeting with recruiter during career fair. Secondly group meeting in regional office where recruiter summarized role and answered questions. Thirdly, quick phone interview with regional VP. Fourthly, face to face meeting with sales leader

Interview Questions

• Did have a insurance agent license and why I wanted to become an agent.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at HealthMarkets.

Interview

Went several interviews and did my own research on the company. Was offered a position but declined it a couple of weeks later. No unexpected questions were asked, I just believe that it was all too good to be true!! After doing my own research I did in fact determine that it was not at all what they portrayed it to be

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I don't think they were honest about the company, position or salary

Sales Interview

Interview

Went exactly how they indicated. 1 hour meeting - 2 people were in meeting including me - went through slides and videos. Asked if would like a 2nd interview. Thinking about it at this time.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at HealthMarkets (Irvine, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I was told that the process would take an hour for the interview. I was interviewed with another person. Manager was late because of other responsibilities and that was not the issue. Replacement manager came in and did the interview. He would not answer my questions about commission and the tiers. There was no information given to me or other prospective employee. I asked for a commission sheet and was told there was time to get one for me. This is supposed to be a career decision and really the benefits were not conveyed in any type of way except to say that they would work hard for us and with us. Free B leads and A leads cost. Nothing about a CRM which I asked about and how do they keep themselves organized. I have no idea, I ask a lot of questions and do expect answers. The one hour was only 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What kind of hours are you willing to put in for this job?   Answer Question

He was very evasive about the tier structure of commissions and would not even tell me what they were.

Independent Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at HealthMarkets (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I participated in a group presentation, did a one on one interview with a Sales Leader, a second one on one was done with the Territory Manager. Decision was made, filled out an application.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Richland Hills, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HealthMarkets (North Richland Hills, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. It started with an initial phone screening interview with the hiring manager, which took about an hour. The call touched on the basic questions around the job description and my background, experience, etc.

A few days later, I was sent a set of four essay questions to answer and return. I was also asked to complete an online analytic skills assessment. The timed test was adaptive, becoming progressively harder as correct answers were given. With only a couple of minutes to answer each question, it was challenging. I had the weekend to complete the questionnaire and assessment.

Later that week they brought me in for an on-site interview with the hiring manager, the VP of Marketing and another member of the marketing team. Given that I was already working full-time, they were very flexible in the timing of the interview. The interview started at 5 PM and they stayed late into the evening to share details on what I may be working on if I was hired and allow me time to ask questions of my own. Their willingness to work with my schedule, staying late to meet with me, is something I rarely encounter and truly appreciate.

About a week after the on-site interview, I received an offer letter from their HR department.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall any difficult or unexpected question during the interview, per se. I was given a few scenario-based situations and asked how I would address the situation or what solution I may try to implement.   Answer Question

I accepted an offer from a different company.

HealthMarkets Response

Aug 20, 2014HealthMarkets

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your interview experience. Your feedback is vitally important, both to our team internally and to job seekers considering HealthMarkets. We are glad ... More