HealthPartners Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2015

2.7

Member Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at HealthPartners (Bloomington, MN).

Interview

I applied online and received an email 3 days later to take an online assessment which took about 30 minutes to complete. I had a phone interview with the HR recruiter a few days later, went in to interview with 2 Member Services Supervisors and a manager 3 days after that, and had an offer 2 days later. The whole process went pretty quickly and everyone that I had interaction with was very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were of the typical behavioural variety.   Answer Question

Human Resources Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HealthPartners (Bloomington, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

Step-by-Step process: 1st: I received an email confirmation 2 weeks after applying for this position. I was contacted by the talent/ recruiting specialist to conduct a 60-90 minute phone interview. The specialist was very friendly and was able to provide a reasonable list of dates and times that were available to move to the next process. The phone interview went pretty well and the questions were quite basic. Overall, the experience was a “get to know you” and "how do you start your day". Everything lasted about 30-40 minutes. The specialist also asked my salary requirements and briefly went over the job summary which is very helpful to read (study) prior to the interview. I would also recommend printing that as well as your cover letter, resume, questions as well as words or short sentences that highlight what you want to say just in case you get nervous and forget or if phone interviews are simply not your forte. 2nd: After the phone interview, I received a second confirmation the next day to conduct a second face-to-face interview with the lead manager the following week. Again, the specialist provided a variety of reasonable dates and times. I arrived 10 minutes early and I was able to check in with the receptionist whom seemed very friendly. I waited 5 minutes pass the interview time but I was in no rush, I figured I would use that time to relax a bit and clear my mind just so I can conduct myself more naturally without sounding too nervous. The manager came out very excited and genuine. I peeped out the atmosphere and it was cubical setting and obviously anyone in charge had a personal office. There were already employees observing me and were asking me if I were new, very kind people. We got to the managers office and that's when I was asked the million dollar question: “tell me about yourself”. From there everything went very smooth. I asked my two questions and after that, that concluded the interview. (Interview time: approximately 45 minutes) 3rd: That same day the specialist sent me an email but this time is was to conduct a third interview with a panel of 5 (which included the manager). The panel consists of a group of employees with different time in service but they all held the same position. It was at first intimidating but actually pretty interesting as I got to the questions. Most were ‘team’ based questions, past experience, my current job role, why did I choose HealthPartners, and sharing my personal experience with leading a group. I have to be honest, I was getting tired. I sort of felt like I was repeating myself and I was losing their interest. But I can tell they probably understood. The manager acted as a sort of an observer and would ask one or two follow up questions. Overall, this panel interview was not as scary as I was expecting but all the interviewers were very friendly and very interested. 4th: Last, I received a phone call from the manager and offered me the position and went over pay and new hire orientation, and future advancement. Following that, I received and official letter from the specialist which provided all the necessary information prior to the new hire orientation.

Interview Questions

• "How do you prioritize your work assignments?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HealthPartners.

Interview

I interviewed over the phone with HR and then interviewed in person with the manager a second interview with the other members of management would have been the third step.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected question due to the boring use of following a template for personal, behavioral, questionnaire after the standard softening of the easier questions at the beginning with one question repeating from the HR questions. The position as far as I can understand is for one to do mind numbing crunching, data entry, and verifying data. Throughout the in person interview my mind was going a mile a minute on ways to improve processes rather than what seemed to me very bulky and time wasting activities. And just like an interview before due to the improvements I could bring to existing processes I did not get the job. Just like for profits. For profits and non-profits would rather maintain their bulky time wasting activities rather than improve process for their internal/external customers. I knew a week before the job was not mine as the position was re-posted a week before the official email was sent. Their loss and I wish them luck on finding some one to fill the position.   Answer Question

Member Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HealthPartners (Bloomington, MN).

Interview

I applied online via the HealthPartners website, took all of 15 minutes. One week later I was contacted by someone in HR who informed me I would be receiving an email for an online assessment. The assessment took some time to complete and seemed a bit unnecessary. Two days later I received an email from HR about setting up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and was very typical, "Tell me about a time when" questions. I found it very simple and the person interviewing me was very friendly and even called me back after my cell phone dropped the call (oops!). After the phone interview I was asked if I'd be interested in coming in for an interview. I came in the next day and met with a wonderful Member Services manager. The interview again was very simple and went smoothly. I was then asked if I had time to meet with one other person. That interview went quickly as well and felt really good. It was a Tuesday and I was told I would hear either way by the end of the following week. The following Monday I received a phone call from a Member Services Manager offering me the position, pending a background check. The background check is rather simple compared to others I've had, it only verifies you graduated from high school (didn't even ask for any information relating to my bachelors degree) and it checks your criminal record. 5 days after I received an email from HealthPartners sayiing I successfully passed the background check. Go me! :-)

Interview Questions

• First in person interview. Describe how you would make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich!.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Position is salaried/entry level. I believe starting salaries are set across the board.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at HealthPartners.

Interview

I had a phone interview. They basically cut me off after I told them I have not been in the medical field for sometime and so ever wishing to get back into the field.

Interview Questions

• How long has it been since you worked as a medical assistant or medical receptionist   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HealthPartners (Denver, CO) in December 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed three times by phone from California by a wonderful sweet lady in HR who worked directly under the gentleman who needed the position filled. She felt I was THE candidate for the job. When I went for the final interview he and I got along well, he gave me a tour of the corporate headquarters where I would be working and the blank space (in the middle of a room full of cubicles? Right outside his corner office) where I'd be "set up." He and I went I to the outer room of his office (ummm... Perfect place for your gatekeeper?) and had a great interview. He seemed engaged and responded very positively to each if my answers. I asked questions about how my day might look, and his expectations. We left on good terms with a friendly smile and handshake. I felt like I aced the job and he kept saying "when you come on board..." 30 minutes after my interview his former assistant called to tell me he chose someone else. So we move forward and wait for the right one to come along!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years   1 Answer

Marketing Communications Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HealthPartners.

Interview

My first interview interaction for a phone interview with HR. Next I met the hiring manager in person for a one hour interview. The hiring manager asked great questions, but determined that I wasn't the greatest fit for the position I applied, but there was another opportunity within marketing that I should consider. The hiriting manager encouraged me to apply online, which I did later that day, and also forwarded my information to this other hiring manager. I was then scheduled for another one hour interview with the new hiring manager. The next step was a short interview with my potential new team members followed by an hour with the director of marketing. Things move quickly at HealthPartners, so I wasn't surprised to hear back from them less than a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• One thing I really like about HealthPartners is their focus on culture. The initial interview focused on the skills necessary for the desired position, but the following interview with team and director focused on the culture and if I'd be a good fit.   Answer Question

Training Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at HealthPartners.

Interview

This feedback isn't really fair because I learned about the position and completed a phone interview with a recruiter who happened to be a long time friend. The interview process with the hiring supervisor/manager was two-step. First was a face-to-face formal, sit down. The second round was "presenting" or rather facilitating a training for a panel of staff.

Interview Questions

• They didn't have any difficult questions but I was prepared for the most common questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay, remote access

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at HealthPartners.

Interview

Basic phone screening first – asked about previous work experiences, background, and education. Phone screening was followed by an email inviting me to schedule an in-person interview at headquarters in Bloomington, MN.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about my experience and skill set. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Billing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HealthPartners (Saint Paul, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

Easy and quick.. Asked basic questions doe a behavioral interview. Two supervisors in a conference room. The whole process took about three weeks from start to finish. Was contacted by Hr within a week after the in person interview.