HealthPort Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015
Updated Mar 22, 2015

2.1

Release of Information Specialist I Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at HealthPort.

submitted resume via indeed
    phone call next day to ask for days available to come in
    1:1 interview, very easy,no more than 30 minutes. basic questions.
    job offer letter received 5 hours before needing to come in.

pay range is 14-17

IT Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at HealthPort.

Standard first call to cover technical questions to make sure the potential employee knows the basics. If chosen for a face to face it is usually with a manager and a peer or two. They can ask additional technical questions and other standard interview questions. They also ask basic questions such as "Why would you like to work at HealthPort?", "Why are you leaving your current position?", "Where would you like to be in 5 years?", and "What types of tools would you want to work with?"

Interview Questions
    • Everything was really standard. If you google "Questions to ask during an IT Engineering interview", you'll be covered.   Answer Question
    It went through the recruiter and there wasn't any negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at HealthPort in November 2014.

Two different Recruiter contacted me for two positions at two different locations. First position I interviewed, it was a peer interview but I didn't get called back for that position. A week later another recruiter contacted me to come in for the second position. The recruiter was pleasant to talk to. I received a call the following day from the recruiter offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I want to work for healthport? Describe a time when you had a difficult task?   Answer Question
    It wasn't a negotiation phase, I was informed what the pay was and I accepted.

Cannot Submit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HealthPort.

My interview process was fairly typical interview, the hiring process was smooth, and i was communicated to during the whole process. Cannot comment any further as the process was handled through my staffing agency

Interview Questions
    • There were really not difficult question, if you a expernenced enough or know your job well there should be no difficult questions. Cannot Comment on Healthport here as i have been doing this for almost 30 years so it is hard to find a question i have not heard of or could not readily answer   Answer Question

Site Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at HealthPort.

I was contacted for an interview a couple days after applying online. The only available date for interviews was the following day, during the middle of the day. The interview was very concise, as I found out that the job posting was titled "site coordinator" but contained the description, qualifications, and requirements for a much lower position. It seemed they were trying to attract more attention for the lower position by calling the job title "Site Coordinator". I was offered an entry-level position. When I asked about promotion potential, the interviewer told me that she recently promoted someone at the entry level after five years. I respectfully declined.

Interview Questions

I was very put off that the job description was misrepresented. The description led you to believe that you were qualified as a site coordinator, when the company was really looking for candidates for a different, entry-level position. I was appalled to hear that an employee worked entry-level for 5 years before being considered for promotion. I need more potential for career growth than what was offered to me.

Release of Information Specialist I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HealthPort in August 2014.

2 interviews with a very pleasant District Manager. Made me feel extremely relaxed and that made the entire interview a comfortable process. After the first interview I was called for another interview a week or so later. The background check took almost 2 weeks to clear me for employment.

ROI Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at HealthPort in July 2014.

I applied online on Friday. Sunday at 8:30pm I received a call to set up an interview for Tuesday. On Monday I realized I had an email from HealthPort to take an online assessment. As I already had an interview, I figured if they really wanted me to do the assessment, she would have alerted me to it while we were setting up the interview or would just have me do it during the actual interview. After greetings, the first thing the interviewer (we’ll call her Kate-not her real name) said to me was, “do you have any questions for me?”
    I reiterated the job requirements for confirmation. She confirmed then showed me a bit of what the software looks like and what is actually done. She told me the hours, the various facilities I would be working at, and the pay ($11/hr). She then asked me if these job details suited me. I assured her they did and why, which included me disclosing plans to return part time to college in a month.
    We discussed the industry and role HealthPort plays in it. The entire process was about thirty-five minutes. No assessment was done and nothing was said about one. I asked when I should expect an answer and she said later that day as she still had one more interview to do. I was number two of three candidates with medical backgrounds, not currently working, and happy with whatever hours they assign.
    My not taking the assessment online and the disclosure of part time school attendance may have hurt me.
    At 8:45pm on the day of the interview I called and left Kate a message since I had not heard from her.
    The next day I received an email from Kate simply stating they hired someone with more EMR experience than I had. (I currently have 3 years experience.)
    The interview was conducted in the lobby of a client's hospital.

Interview Questions
    • Only questions asked of me was if the work details were acceptable.   Answer Question

Intake Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at HealthPort in June 2014.

Whole interview process was a new education in mid career change. HR Director, assistant and area manager were quick studies and sharp with perspective. Offer of employment was flattering but distance was a concern and I believe perhaps the reason why I didn't get selected for the position after I had interviewed so well.

Interview Questions
    • What impact did you have on the people at your last place of employment? I was taken back by this a bit because I didn't think that I had any influence at all. So I told the area manager about the time, I helped when
      one of our PA's become ill suddenly and we had a medical emergency in the pharmacy. The outcome and the happy ending.

Answer Question

ROI Specialist I Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at HealthPort.

Phone call interview and basic questions about experience and location of site you would be working. If that was ok, then a time and place to meet with manager. In person interview was basic and she detailed the job requirements only and the site it will be and times.

Interview Questions
    • "We get about 100 calls a day, can you manage that?"   View Answer
    no negotiation, pay rate is based on experience

Document Indexer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at HealthPort.

Applied online and received a call a day or two later. No real interview, if you can key fast enough they will hire you.

None