HealthSouth Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014
Updated Sep 4, 2014

2.4

Occupational Therapist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at HealthSouth.

Communication was haphazard -- They asked if I was interested in an interview and I said yes, they asked when I was free and I told them, then they never got back to me. Two days later I get an email that said "We'll call you in a couple minutes"

If I hadn't have checked my email I never would've known to expect it, and even so I barely had time to prepare given the lack of notice. This felt unprofessional to me.

Physical Therapist Interview

One interview, no negotiation for salary. Just offer. Human resources not friendly. Did not value previous experience or personal achievements. Felt like just another number, not a valued individual with something to offer company.

Interview Questions
    Would not negotiate at all.

Dietary Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at HealthSouth.

Application submitted online. Called for an interview 1 month after aplication. Started working 2 weeks after interview. Drug test and background check done after initial interview. Interviewed with Chef. very easy to get along with most of the staff.

RN Reab Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Florence, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HealthSouth in April 2013.

I was contacted via e-mail and telephone by a regional recruiter regarding employment opportunities in my area. I was open to interviewing for a part time position in the Florence, South Carolina facility however, I did voice my doubt to the recruiter that I probably would not be hired. Being a fairly recent transplant to this area, I discovered that managers and staff share their opinions on employees with other facilities, and my type A personality did not set well with my first employer. Sure enough, I met with (2) department heads at HealthSouth for one of the quickest interviews I've ever had; they asked no questions and said that they would decide in the next couple of weeks. I e-mailed the DON after (2) weeks and her response was that they were still interviewing. I have not heard from them since and I still run across their ad for that position to this day.

Interview Questions
    • It was unexpected that they asked me nothing.   View Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Morgantown, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at HealthSouth.

It is easy to get a job here. They will hire anyone, even with impaired or monitored license. Fill out online app or come in and ask for nurse manager, they will interview you on the spot. You will then meet with HR for offer, sign papers. Orientation is not the greatest, a few days of general orientation then you will be assigned a preceptor. Usually you will work with several preceptors

Interview Questions
    • They will ask about your experience and tell you a bit about rehab but don't ask any hard questions. After you are hired they will give you a medication test before you can pass meds.   Answer Question
    Not open to negotiation

Executive Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HealthSouth.

The recruit team was prompt and efficient. There were numerous rounds of interviews with one group interview. That was very time consuming but it was a positive sign that all peer colleagues were included. The questions varied with the individuals.

Interview Questions
    • There were few detailed or technical questions. One of the function heads seemed out of touch with current industry trends in her area and asked a question that threw me off as a result. That required some pause and diplomacy in order to avoid calling attention to that.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was straight-forward. I would encourage directly asking "does this put me at or near the mid point for the band?" They gave in to sign on bonus and increased it to match value of stock options being forfeited in the departure from previous role.

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online - interviewed at HealthSouth.

filled out app online, met with HR director and discussed our mutual expectations then met wirh the adon and toured the facility. heard back from them within the week

RN Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at HealthSouth in September 2012.

Online application was simple and straightforward. Interview was with director of nursing, HR director and nurse manager, all were very gracious and easy to interview with.

No negotiations.

PRN Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Florence, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at HealthSouth in January 2013.

I recently applied for a PRN staff rehab RN position that has been posted online and a recruiter called me about off/on over the past couple years. I hesitated to apply since I had, not too long before, been terminated(the first time my job performance has ever even been questioned) from another local employer. I was sure that personal opinion would supersede any professional facts of that situation, but I decided to take a chance. After a couple months of calls back and forth to set up the interview, I met with, whom I believe were, the Unit Manager and the Unit Supervisor. It was the briefest interview to which I'd ever been. Months later, I'm still waiting for them to "complete their interviews"...

Interview Questions
    • Every other position I sat for asked about that termination; they asked nothing. Understanding that one shouldn't speak negatively about former employers, I was happy not to have had to put a positive spin on that event yet again. It was unexpected that they did not ask.   Answer Question

Director of Nursing Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at HealthSouth.

They contacted and pursued me, through a head hunter. Interviewed me at least 4 times, then it was like pulling teeth to obtain the sign on bonus.

Interview Questions
    • They just kept asking the same questions over and over, they really did not have a direction, but afterwards, I realized they only wanted me to rewrite all their JCAHO manuals, bring new business and help them pass the audit in 9 mos.   Answer Question

Worked for HealthSouth? Contribute to the Community!