HealthSouth Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

2.4

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at HealthSouth (Florence, SC).

Interview

two people was in the room to interview me, michelle james is the nurse manager and she is a liar...she says she'll email you a skills assesment test and ask you to call her after you take it, but that is not true, instead of telling people that the position has been filled or instead of saying that she has found a more desireable candidate she leads people on and gives them false hope. Do not trust her! i put in my two weeks notice at my current job because she told me that the hiring process would start as soon as she sent me the skills assesment the same day she intervied me, she won't return my calls and she never sent the email. i called human resources to as about the assesment, and theu said the position was already filled. she has done this to other people besides me. i hope she gets replaced with more honest management

Interview Questions

• if you were assigned to get a patient out of bed but the didnt want to get up, how would you handle it?

how would you handle a upset family member of a patient?

how would you handle a difficult co worker?

how many patients have you ever cared for at once?

how would your co workers best describe you?

have you ever worked in a hospital?

Answer Question

RN Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at HealthSouth.

Interview

Tell hr about previous work experience. Talk about a time when I disagreed with a co-worker and how I handled the situation. Talked about why I wanted to work for healthsouth and how much knowledge I had in rehab.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at HealthSouth.

Interview

I had one recruiter interview , a face to face, another telephone interview and then a scheduled face to face. I would have to continuously reach out to the recruiter to keep the process moving. The hiring manager did not write anything down during the interview.

Interview Questions

There were too many periods with no information and a lack of responsiveness from the recruiter. I really felt it was reflective of the culture and not a good organizational fit.

Occupational Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at HealthSouth.

Interview

The response was fast after completing an application and submitting my resume, recruiter was very nice and able to be flexible with scheduling interview times. The interviewee was nice and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why are you better than someone coming in with 20+ years   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at HealthSouth.

Interview

Communication was haphazard -- They asked if I was interested in an interview and I said yes, they asked when I was free and I told them, then they never got back to me. Two days later I get an email that said "We'll call you in a couple minutes"

If I hadn't have checked my email I never would've known to expect it, and even so I barely had time to prepare given the lack of notice. This felt unprofessional to me.

Physical Therapist Interview

Interview

One interview, no negotiation for salary. Just offer. Human resources not friendly. Did not value previous experience or personal achievements. Felt like just another number, not a valued individual with something to offer company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Would not negotiate at all.

Dietary Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at HealthSouth (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

Application submitted online. Called for an interview 1 month after aplication. Started working 2 weeks after interview. Drug test and background check done after initial interview. Interviewed with Chef. very easy to get along with most of the staff.

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HealthSouth (Birmingham, AL) in May 2014.

Interview

group interview, five more applicants and one interviewer, the manager explained the company philosophy and benefits of being a employee at HealthSouth then just asked three questions the same question to everybody

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at HealthSouth (Morgantown, WV).

Interview

It is easy to get a job here. They will hire anyone, even with impaired or monitored license. Fill out online app or come in and ask for nurse manager, they will interview you on the spot. You will then meet with HR for offer, sign papers. Orientation is not the greatest, a few days of general orientation then you will be assigned a preceptor. Usually you will work with several preceptors

Interview Questions

• They will ask about your experience and tell you a bit about rehab but don't ask any hard questions. After you are hired they will give you a medication test before you can pass meds.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not open to negotiation

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HealthSouth (Richmond, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. Resume forwarded my to the hiring manager after the interview
    Received an email from hiring manager to schedule a phone interview - one was never done, but a face to face was set up.

Interview Questions

• A set of scenarios presented to test for critical thinking skills   Answer Question

Negotiation

They hire a lot of new grads so do not expect the HR to deviate much from the offer, besides nursing salaries are pretty specific.