HealthSpring

3.1

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online – interviewed at HealthSpring.

Not a very difficult process. The whole process is easy.

Rotational Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HealthSpring.

Found about the position at an on-campus fair. Was invited to attend a two day informational and interview session. Got through and was invited to their office in Birmingham for another 2 day session. Networked on the 1st day. Second day included, panel interview, case study & presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Panel view was very up close and personal but the execs weren't too bad.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HealthSpring in March 2013.

Phone call from recruiter 2 weeks after applying online, scheduled a 15 minute interview over the phone verifying resume and experience, scheduled for a in person interview . It was a panel interview and the managers were very nice and warm, they made the process easier, but the questions were a bit challenging, behavioral questions. Got an offer 2 weeks later. Excited to start!

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate, felt the offer was fair.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at HealthSpring.

Met on campus and went to a view formal dinner sessions. Traveled up to the office and had several interviews with different managers. Overall pleasant experience. Questions were very casual and felt more like a conversation. Just know the areas of their company and talk about how your strengths relate to those fields.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of technology do you know of that we use and what experience do you have with it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HealthSpring in June 2012.

Lack of follow up; I feel that I had to pursue her regarding the position. Very unprofessional behavior.

The supervisor interviewing me did not call me back on several occasions as she stated that she would. And I held reservations about taking on a position where she would have been my direct supervisor due to the fact that she was not one to follow through and exhibit professionalism and curtsy.

Just be aware and watch for those subtle signs. I am thankful that I was not hired!

Network Operations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HealthSpring in June 2012.

The person who interviewed me was pretty laid back and the questions were very typical: what do you know about Health Spring, why did you apply for this position, what can you bring to this position, what are your strengths & weaknesses, tell me about yourself....it took a little over an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HealthSpring in April 2012.

Process started as a call from a recruiter, then a follow-up call from the primary recruiter with direct questions on skills, team building, process improvement, and standard operating procedures. The process moved on with a phone interview with a member of company management. This phone interview lasted almost 90 minutes. After the call, the process seemed to stall, however after several weeks, I was asked to come on-site for a face to face. As I walked through the building, I noticed the focus of the staff on tasks, saw friendly banter among cube mates. The office is large and open, plenty of natural light from windows.

I was interviewed by a panel who asked questions and follow-up on management style, processes, as well as other specific questions related to the position. The interview lasted 2 hours. Overall the process was direct, professional, and as enjoyable as interviews can possibly be to the one being interviewed.

Network Operations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HealthSpring in February 2012.

Found the opportunity from my university Career Center. Met with representatives in an information session, had a phone screen, submitted transcripts and 2 letters of recommendation, then had HR interview, then a panel interview. Long process, but I gained a lot of insight in the company and opportunities.

Typical interview questions: tell me about yourself, why are you interested in HealthSpring, why are you interested in this position, then questions about specific skills including leadership style, excel skills, negotiation abilities, project management.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you saw a problem with a process or procedure and created a system to improve efficiency.   Answer Question
    Negotiated increased salary from initial offer, as well as bonus during year 1 (which was not initially offered.) I asked a lot of qestions about growth potential and salary ranges for next level positions. HR was as transparent as possible and willing to give more info.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HealthSpring in November 2011.

Everyone I came in contact with was very nice and very knowledgeable about their job as well as the position I was interviewing for. The HR dept. was very responsive and moved quickly with scheduling.

Interview Questions
    I was offered a fair salary so I didn't negotiate

Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at HealthSpring in May 2011.

I did 2 interviews; I was called about 3 times, went out to eat with some managment in the company; I got several different calls stating that the company was interested in having me interview for several different positions. I finally got fed up and took a job somewhere else.