HealthTap

Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HealthTap.

Interview Details – The interview process took approximately three weeks, from phone screen through offer. The questions focused on practical skills, prior experiences, and interest in the health space.

Interview Question – I was asked to quantify prior tasks that I had always though of in a qualitative way. The company is "metrics oriented" so be prepared to put numbers on your past accomplishments or efforts and to explain what you learned.   View Answer

Undisclosed Interview

Undisclosed
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HealthTap.

Interview Details – After the initial phone screen, interviews were a multi-round process, with several senior managers. Questions focused on prior experience, measurable results and metrics, and interest in the company's mission.

Interview Question – See comment below.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer was market and what I was looking for.

IOS Developer Interview

IOS Developer
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HealthTap.

Interview Details – 4 technical onsite interviews in total, 1 hr interview, 1 CEO interview. The engineers are very nice, but the management team seems not great.

Reason for Declining – The company seems never respect engineers, nor candidates.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and interviewed at HealthTap.

Interview Details – onsite interview for summer internship positions.
Talked about project experiences during the lunch.
Did coding questions afterwards for 30-40min, answers 3 questions:

1. finding middle element in a linked list.
2. how many ways to get from (0,0) to (n,n) on a given nxn grid.
3. given an image stored in an array, rotate it for 90 degrees.

did ok on 1and2, tried to think of a solution without using extra space for 3, but didn't manage to get to one, finally implemented one with O(mn) extra space, rushed a bit due to time limit.

Interview Question – 3. given an image stored in an array, rotate it for 90 degrees.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Data Scientist
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at HealthTap.

Interview Details – The CTO liked an web app I'd developed and invited me to interview. I scheduled a time with an admin there and showed up.

The interview process made them seem desperate. The first half wasn't really focused on me at all. Instead, he was basically trying to sell me on the fact that the role would involve a lot of boring, tedious work at first. He also kept bringing up R. I don't have any R experience, I described how I had experience with similar tools and that I could learn. But then he kept going back to R. It wasn't in my resume at all, so I'm not really sure what he wanted from me.

The second half was more technical. I was asked how I'd do something in SQL. There were a couple different ways to do it, and I described them. I was also asked a brain teaser question that I eventually worked out.

I never heard back after that.

Interview Question – There are 25 horses. You can race any 5 of them at once, and all you get is the order they finished. How many races would you need to find the 3 fastest horses?   View Answer

Worked for HealthTap? Contribute to the Community!