HealthTap

2.4

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HealthTap.

I met the CEO and others at a tech talk at my university. I made a good impression on the CEO and interviewers by talking about my passion for the company's mission.

First, I came to the HealthTap office for an interview with 2 engineers who were very friendly and helpful. I did 2 easy technical problems described below.
    About a week later I came for another interview, this time with the head of engineering and another important team member. This interview was more behavioral and I was asked why I like HealthTap, about previous projects, and what I wanted to get out of the internship. At the end of this interview, I was given an offer.

2 things to keep in mind:
    - hiring is HEAVILY Stanford-biased. I feel that I had an easy time becuase I was from Stanford and a member of a minority group. My friend from another school had a very technically difficult interview and was treated antagonistically by interviewers.
    - I was asked to verbally accept a hypothetical offer before even hearing the offer. That is, they would not give me the offer until I accepted it. I was young and naive and I didn't realize how ridiculous that is. When my internship ended a few months later, I complained about the policy to the new recruiter, but the policy was still in place.

Interview Questions
    • Print out an array as a mxn spiral. e.g. print [1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12] with m=4, n=3 as:

1, 2, 3, 4
      10,11,12,5
      9, 8, 7, 6

View Answer
    No negotiation. I was young and naive and didn't think to negotiate. Another engineering intern used his/her better offer from Microsoft to negotiate.

Front End Engineer/Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online – interviewed at HealthTap in September 2014.

Without a doubt the worst company I've ever interviewed at. The initial contact was great.. I applied online and was invited to an onsite interview without even doing a phone screen (this should have been a red flag). The onsite interview was a disaster. The office was very disorganized, and the recruiter was extremely unprofessional. The recruiter could not answer a simple question about the hiring process. She left me in the interview office for over 30 minutes before my interview started. Right before I got up to leave, she returned and apologized for "being in a meeting".

My first interviewer had just joined the Mobile Engineering team a week ago, and could offer no real perspective on the company. The interviewer seemed incredibly apathetic and lacked energy and excitement toward the company and product. After my interview, the interviewer and I circled the office aimlessly trying to find the recruiter. When we couldn't find her, I was dismissed by the engineer who was clearly embarrassed for what had happened. What a disaster in organization. Stay away.

Front End Engineer/Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HealthTap.

First was a phone screen before coming in for a few in person interviews. The process is pretty standard until they give you an offer. The wouldn't do it over the phone, but made me come in. After that they gave me a really low ball offer when I declined it, they brought the offer, but said I had to accept it today or the whole thing was off. It was a pretty bad experience.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted to know if I'll take the offer before they even gave it to me.   Answer Question
    Terrible, they cornered me and said I had to sign the day they gave it to me instead of the customary 48 hours.

Remote Customer Service Specialist (NightShift) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HealthTap in July 2014.

I applied online and received a telephone call from HR the next day. Great job HealthTap. I spoke with a woman in HR briefly about my background, experience and availability. I was then invited to come in for an interview the following evening at 7:00 PM. I appreciate the flexibility of the team, since I currently have a job that I enjoy. I explained that I was very interested in their business model and was looking for a night position for extra income and could very easily provide customer support remotely. During our telephone conversation, the woman in HR insisted that they were looking for somebody who is flexible. I said what do you mean by that? I wasn't given a clear answer. I mean how flexible can one be when applying for a position where the hours are listed 10PM to 7AM? It didn't appear they were looking for a career-minded person, based on the contents of the job posting. Then the woman in HR explained that she would be sending an assignment for which she would like me to complete prior to the interview. Prior to receiving the assignment, she then asked how long will it take me to send the assignment back? Since I had no idea what the assignment entailed, I waited a moment, then asked how long do you anticipate the test will require of my time? Note: I am employed and I am seeking an additional source of income. HR said it should take no longer than two hours. I said, no problem, I'll have that to you by 10:00 this evening. I provided that time because I worked until 6:30 PM that day and anticipated that I would begin the assignment once I got home from work. I emailed the assignment back at about 2 in the morning. My interview was scheduled for 7:00 PM. I arrived for my interview and as I exited the elevator, an open room appears to my left. Many employees working late and also celebrating with cake. Fine. So far, so good. I feel the positive energy of the office. As I exited the elevator, a female employee was entering, so I asked if she could point me to the direction of HR? I am meeting with her for an interview this evening. She was gracious, kind and walked me to . She then introduced me to one male and one female. Although these two staff members were friendly, they appeared very unorganized, unprofessional, unprepared and did not have my resume nor did they review it prior to me arriving for the interview. In addition, they did not review the assignment for which they requested I complete prior to the interview. We spoke briefly about this test and the male interviewer had no idea what this test entailed, nor did the female interviewer. As the interview, or if I would even call it that.. ended, she asked if I had any further questions.? I said, yes. What is the average age of the employees, here at RedTap? I should have video this with my google glass.. Her answer was 40. all those 40 year olds work upstairs. this is the 20 year old floor. Oh.. she said. I look younger than I am.. because I dont normally wear a hoody.

Interview Questions
    • How flexible are you?   View Answer
    • We work a lot of hours and we're looking for somebody who is flexible. I heard this more than 5 times from various employees. I began to think I had a sign on me that read "she is not flexible"   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HealthTap.

The interview process took approximately three weeks, from phone screen through offer. The questions focused on practical skills, prior experiences, and interest in the health space.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to quantify prior tasks that I had always though of in a qualitative way. The company is "metrics oriented" so be prepared to put numbers on your past accomplishments or efforts and to explain what you learned.   View Answer

Undisclosed Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HealthTap.

After the initial phone screen, interviews were a multi-round process, with several senior managers. Questions focused on prior experience, measurable results and metrics, and interest in the company's mission.

Interview Questions
    The offer was market and what I was looking for.

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at HealthTap.

4 technical onsite interviews in total, 1 hr interview, 1 CEO interview. The engineers are very nice, but the management team seems not great.

The company seems never respect engineers, nor candidates.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online – interviewed at HealthTap.

onsite interview for summer internship positions.
    Talked about project experiences during the lunch.
    Did coding questions afterwards for 30-40min, answers 3 questions:

1. finding middle element in a linked list.
    2. how many ways to get from (0,0) to (n,n) on a given nxn grid.
    3. given an image stored in an array, rotate it for 90 degrees.

did ok on 1and2, tried to think of a solution without using extra space for 3, but didn't manage to get to one, finally implemented one with O(mn) extra space, rushed a bit due to time limit.

Interview Questions
    • 3. given an image stored in an array, rotate it for 90 degrees.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at HealthTap.

The CTO liked an web app I'd developed and invited me to interview. I scheduled a time with an admin there and showed up.

The interview process made them seem desperate. The first half wasn't really focused on me at all. Instead, he was basically trying to sell me on the fact that the role would involve a lot of boring, tedious work at first. He also kept bringing up R. I don't have any R experience, I described how I had experience with similar tools and that I could learn. But then he kept going back to R. It wasn't in my resume at all, so I'm not really sure what he wanted from me.

The second half was more technical. I was asked how I'd do something in SQL. There were a couple different ways to do it, and I described them. I was also asked a brain teaser question that I eventually worked out.

I never heard back after that.

Interview Questions
    • There are 25 horses. You can race any 5 of them at once, and all you get is the order they finished. How many races would you need to find the 3 fastest horses?   View Answers (2)