Healthcare Scouts

Updated Sep 18, 2014
Updated Sep 18, 2014

2.8

National Recruiting Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Healthcare Scouts.

Initially interviewed by phone with internal recruiter, took an assessment test, met with recruiter in person, then met with the owner/CEO- likes to cut you off when speaking, and is extremely condescending. Met with Tyler (former President), and completed a work day- make as many calls as you can, without knowing anything about what you're doing and sound like a complete idiot talking to candidates. No background check so they will take drug addicts and felons!! (Just speaking from other employee experience).

There is no negotiation. You take what you get, and move on.

Account Executive/Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Park, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Healthcare Scouts.

Phone interview, Skills Test, 2 face-to-face interviews, an 8 hour unpaid working day

One flat rate for all employees to start ($30k/yr for 50+ hrs per week = about $11.53/hr. No overtime, as the position is salaried. Also no paid time off.)

National Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Park, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Healthcare Scouts in January 2013.

Initial introduction with corp recruiter. Formal phone screen then in person interview. I took an assessment before meeting with Don Langmo, CEO. Was able to see office operations (very professional and nice culture feel). Busy environment and good buzz but definitely a focused group. I then met with the exec leadership and completed a work day (unpaid). At first I was unsure about the workday but looking back I truly appreciated it. It gives you a pretty good feel of what a day will feel like. Got to sit with the trainer to understand the training process which was true to form and wrapped up the day by meeting with each of the divisional recruiting managers. I would recommend anyone interested in starting a career in staffing and recruiting g to ASK to complete a workday. You'll see its good insight before making a decision to accept an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I had a few years of recruiting exp so the questions seemed more in-depth. Give me example how you handled a difficult candidate and how did you ensure the experience was positive for them.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you didn't meet your metric goals. What happened and how did management discuss with you.   Answer Question
    • If you were given an opportunity to join our team, what tools would you need to be successful?   Answer Question
    • If there were ever a time that you didn't hit your defined goals, how would you like to be held accountable?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your highest level of completed degree. (They require a BA degree from an accredited 4-yr college).   Answer Question
    Pretty straight forward. There's a base + commission (which is really competitive compared to other firms I've worked with). They highlighted other incentive programs which are all in writing and provided a thorough review of their benefits overview.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Park, FL

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Healthcare Scouts in October 2011.

Phone, 1:1 Interview, Workday

Interview Questions
    • Why would you like to become a recruiter?   View Answer

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Park, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Healthcare Scouts in September 2011.

Three step interview including an 8 hour work day that you will not be compensated for. They will ask you to call people, you must make over a 100 calls that day to get an offer. They dont care if that person has been called 4 times that day. Just dial and dont ask any questions.

none. You either take it or leave it. 35k base with commission.

National Recruiting Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Healthcare Scouts in March 2011.

This company has one of the most thorough interview processes that gave me a chance to meet several different people in a variety of positions. I was relieved to have that chance since it made my decision to accept the offer an easy one since I felt like they took time and let me assess them to see if they were a fit for me. You don't always get that from an employer.

Interview Questions
    • Several questions surrounding all aspects of your resume, goals, professional exp and leadership type were asked. It's not an easy interview to get through.   Answer Question
    They have a set base salary for the role but the commission is what I was most focused on. Their base salary is really good but the commission is excellent!!

Worked for Healthcare Scouts? Contribute to the Community!