Healthcare Services

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Healthcare Services.

Interview Details – Responded to an ad on the internet and was contacted by District Manager. The first phase was a brief telephone interview talking briefly about the company, job description and my work experience. That was followed by a face to face interview at one of the facilities managed by the District Manager and discussed company culture and opportunity, opportunity at hand and my work experience. That interview as followed by a telephone call from an Account Manager at another facility requesting a face to face meeting as a second interview. Discussed more details about the job and training process. Two days later called by Account Manager and was advised the District Manager authorized him to offer me the position which would be contingent upon completion of paperwork and a background check which could take anywhere from two days to two weeks.

Negotiation Details – Offer was made and I accepted.

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Healthcare Services in February 2013.

Interview Details – Interview is relatively laid back, not too many tricky HR questions. It seemed that they were trying to get to know me on a personal level. Spent the first part of the interview explaining who they are and what they do. Spent the second part asking me questions. Typical stuff like what I know about the company and past experience.

Interview Question – They set up a scenario where they were essentially short staffed and how I would handle it.   View Answer

Tulsa, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Healthcare Services in March 2012.

Interview Details – Had one interview with a regional manager, who when I first showed up for the interview was on the phone for the first 15 minutes. Then you just wait and see if they call back. They don't tell you salary or really what you will be doing but rather how it is a great opportunity for somebody wanting to move up in the business world.

Interview Question – No questions, they really try to sell you on why you should work for them and what is so great about the company.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Healthcare Services in October 2010.

Interview Details – Very easy

Interview Question – Would you be willing to work for 70% less than what you are a custom to   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None offered

Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Healthcare Services in October 2011.

Interview Details – Very brief. I met the District Manager in the lobby of a hotel he was staying in. He Gloated about how great he was for about a half an hour and then offered me the position. I then just had to go to the training facility to fill out 2 hours of paper work and drive all over gods country getting all of my pre employment screening done.

Interview Question – Why Should i Hire You   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO NEGOTIATION

Santa Cruz, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Healthcare Services in January 2011.

Interview Details – Applied via an ad listed on Craigslist. Got a call for a preliminary interview within the week. You will be asked to meet at a coffee shop, most likely Starbuck's.

I interviewed with a Michael Oropeza. He was easily recognizable upon entering the Starbucks as he was wearing a name tag (had both his name and Healthcare Services Group on it), and seated right next to the entrance.

Asked usual interview questions:
Tell me a little about yourself.
Have you ever been to/worked/experienced being in a retirement home, and how long?
There were others, but I've forgotten what they were. (This first interview was two weeks ago)
Note: He did have a clipboard and lots of paper work, but he mostly seemed to be following an obvious paper with a list of questions (I glanced at it, they seemed general and not specific to me)

At the end of the interview he said he'd call me back by Friday to arrange what time on Wednesday the next week I should show up.

After the interview, he walked out with me, and we both headed off in separate directions for our cars. Interpret that as you will.

Come Monday evening I still haven't heard back from him yet, so I send him a polite email asking if he'd still like for me to come take a look around, or if he'd chosen someone else and moved on. He replied cordially and insisted he'd very much like to have me come in Wednesday, and gave me the appointed time Tuesday morning. He also stated that there would be one other person there with me.

Second interview:
Michael showed up from down the hallway just about on time, and started talking with us about the job and environment, then got a phone call. After looking at who it was from, he told us it was urgent and excused himself politely to go deal with something. This resulted in the two of us, applicants, chatting for about 40 minutes.

When he finally showed back up, he gave us a tour of the facility, outlining responsibilities as we went along. He also introduced us to many of his staff, and explained some rules along the way to give us a feel of how it would be. He did seem to know the names of just about every employee and resident, and the employees freely joked back and forth with him

We started in one building, which apparently held those who were still relatively healthy, and able to move around and generally take care of themselves. We eventually progressed into the second building (part of the same facility) and were immediately greeted by a pungent odor. Michael made a point to stop when we first entered, outside of earshot of any residents, and told us that we would have to be able to put up with this odor. He then continued the tour showing us around the other facility and further outlining duties.

After we went through the second building, we went back through the first and he introduced us to an associate of his also working at that place. It was a pretty young guy, and he had been hired straight out of college. I think he had been with the company for 1-2 years, and was DM (district manager) level, but chose to focus on training others instead. It was at this point he also informed us that he was offered advancement as a regional manager, but turned it down as he didn't want to transfer to wherever it was they offered him the position (I've forgotten).

This is where the interview wrapped up, where we asked them questions, and they told us about their own experiences, etc.

List of Duties:
Payroll
Laundry
Buffing/Waxing Floors - They quoted me like 8 hours for a single hallway
'Deep Cleaning' rooms. (Entails moving everything out, washing floor, priming, then waxing. Takes a few hours per room)
Hiring/Recruiting + firing unfavorable employees
Sometimes cleaning up after residents
Scheduling

Too long, Didn't Read (TL:DR):
Must be okay with pungent odors
If you're told you're going to get an offer, don't hedge your bets on it coming true.
Will be having first interview outside of an office (Starbucks, etc)
Pay is low (~$30k/year)

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experience being in/working at a retirement home?   View Answer
  • Have you/how would you deal with an employee that was performing unsatisfactorily? (His example involved a worker who, for the sake of that example performed excellently, but was always showing up late. He explained the workers you managed in that field are practically minimum wage, and unmotivated.)   View Answer

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Healthcare Services.

Interview Details – Lengthy hiring process. Bogged down by HSCG odd and frankly outdated protocols

Interview Question – Short interview and easy questions   Answer Question

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Healthcare Services in July 2010.

Interview Details – Application was submitted online, then had an initial phone interview, followed by a somewhat in-depth 1:1 interview. About a week later had a second 1:1 interview with a different person. Both interviews were very conversational, more than technical in nature. Wanted to discuss previous job and any prior managerial experience. Interview process was not difficult or drawn out.

Interview Question – How would handle an employee who is not performing up to the expected job duties?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not much room to negotiate before accepting the position. There was a discussion about a small increase upon the successful completion of the training phase of the job. It is an entry level position so the pay is in line with that kind of job.

Account Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Healthcare Services in April 2011.

Interview Details – My first clue that this was a disaster should have been that within 15 minutes of posting my resume to the company they called for an interview.
A phone interview followed then a one on one interview that mostly consisted of the interviewer telling me how great he was and how he had it down to a science and didn't have to do any manual labor...yada, yada, yada After the "interview" I knew everything there was to know about the person "interviewing" me but I doubt he could have told you my name. He was so interested in talking about himself and his personal life that I left there knowing nothing about the company or the job but everything about his lack of character.

Interview Question – Are you willing to relocate?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Healthcare Services

Worked for Healthcare Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Healthcare Services Account Manager interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Healthcare Services employees and interview candidates.