Healthcare Services Group

33 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager In Training Interview

Manager In Training

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Healthcare Services Group in May 2014.

Interview Details – Found a classified ad for a management training program with a focus on older adults. Since this is my background, I sent a resume. I was almost immediately contacted by a district manager who wanted to interview me right away. We met at a fast food place for the initial interview, then toured a facility where HCSG had a contract for a "field interview." I was offered a job almost immediately upon completing the field interview.

Interview Question – All questions are fairly standard: what makes you think you're qualified, are you willing to relocate, what makes you want this job, etc. If you've interviewed before for any job, you know what you're up against.   Answer Question

Tampa, FL

I interviewed at Healthcare Services Group in September 2010.

Interview Details – Fairly normal, three interview process. Did a ride-along for a day with a district manager, which was hard to work out but was helpful. Entire process was long and weeks went by without returned phone calls or emails, possibly because I asked for a little more money to start, which they eventually declined.

Interview Question – None, pretty easy. They are hard up for quality managers, so if you present well and want the job, given you're qualified, you'll most likely get an offer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Starting salary was what it was, for someone with my qualifications that they felt was upwardly mobile. Tried to counter offer but was declined.

Key Manager/Training Manager Interview

Key Manager/Training Manager
Portland, OR

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Healthcare Services Group in June 2010.

Interview Details – I met my current boss one of his facilities at which point he toured me around the facility, describing the duties, and asking me about what I observed about it. He then began asking me more professional questions about what I wanted out of a career, why I was currently looking for work, and other typical interview questions.

Interview Question – What did you notice about the facility? What did you like? What were you not impressed with?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't really negotiate anything. I was hungry and just had twin daughters 2 days before my interview I was excited that I finally found a job that paid more than 12$ an hour.

ACCOUNT MANAGER/CDM Interview

ACCOUNT MANAGER/CDM

I applied through other source - interviewed at Healthcare Services Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – Out of the blue I received telephone call asking me for interview. Interview held at local restaurant, about 10 minutes into interview, District Manager told me he wanted to offer me the position and pulled out Employment offer letter with salary and a planned outline of job growth.

Interview Question – There was no difficult questions asked.   Answer Question

Housekeeping Interview

Housekeeping
Ripley, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Healthcare Services Group in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview lacked the fact of the matter which was that hours were based on the status of the relationship you had with the manager, good terms meant more hours, if you were not a friend you got the other end.

Interview Question – have you ever dealt with adult bowel movements?   View Answer

District Manager Interview

District Manager
Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Healthcare Services Group in April 2009.

Interview Details – Dress business professional and just be open and talkitive. Showing great communication skills is always helpful.

Interview Question – Are you relocatable?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee
Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Healthcare Services Group in July 2013.

Interview Details – Received a phone call just a few days after applying. The recruiter basically went over what the company did, asked if I had any questions, and then we set up a time for an in person interview. Interview was pretty standard with behavioral questions and questions about different areas from my resume.

Reason for Declining – A lot of hours to go with very little pay.

Account Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Healthcare Services Group.

Interview Details – I had a friend who worked for the company and had given me the local District Managers phone number. I call the D.M. and had a very brief interview over the phone with him, it turned out to be more of me interviewing him than him I.

Interview Question – He didn't really care about me, he asked about my work history and that was it. They were very desperate.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiation, I told them I needed to be around $1200 a pay period and they said no problem. There was a problem though, I got my first check and it was $400 short of where it was supposed to be.

Memphis, TN

I interviewed at Healthcare Services Group in January 2009.

Interview Details – Multiple in-person interviews

Interview Question – Explain in detail how your past jobs will help you succeed in this job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They wouldn't negotiate.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Healthcare Services Group in April 2009.

Interview Details – I was interviewed over the phone by two people on two separate occasions. No trick questions or anything. Offered the job at the end of the second call. It was very casual and comfortable. The company did not seem to have a formal interview process and I did not have to work with any HR people.

Interview Question – There was nothing unexpected, just basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Healthcare Services Group

Worked for Healthcare Services Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Healthcare Services Group interview questions and advice. All 33 interview reviews posted anonymously by Healthcare Services Group employees and interview candidates.