Healthcare Services Group Interview Questions

1.9

Dietary Services Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Luis Obispo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Healthcare Services Group.

The interview was not scary at all and it seemed as if they needed people really badly so they would just hire anyone. They are expanding like crazy right now so I see why.

Interview Questions
    • The only question I remember being asked was if I have ever needed to stick to a budget.   View Answer
    I was unable to negotiate much as their training programs are pretty set in stone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Healthcare Services Group in March 2012.

Had one interview with a regional manager, who when I first showed up for the interview was on the phone for the first 15 minutes. Then you just wait and see if they call back. They don't tell you salary or really what you will be doing but rather how it is a great opportunity for somebody wanting to move up in the business world.

Interview Questions
    • No questions, they really try to sell you on why you should work for them and what is so great about the company.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Environmental Services Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Healthcare Services Group in January 2012.

Process: Submitted resume, got phone interview. The recruiter called two or three times, making seem like I already got the job and interview was just a formality.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. The Regional manager and site manager only asked two or three very 'softball' questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Healthcare Services Group in October 2011.

Very brief. I met the District Manager in the lobby of a hotel he was staying in. He Gloated about how great he was for about a half an hour and then offered me the position. I then just had to go to the training facility to fill out 2 hours of paper work and drive all over gods country getting all of my pre employment screening done.

NO NEGOTIATION

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Cruz, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Healthcare Services Group in January 2011.

Applied via an ad listed on Craigslist. Got a call for a preliminary interview within the week. You will be asked to meet at a coffee shop, most likely Starbuck's.

I interviewed with a Michael Oropeza. He was easily recognizable upon entering the Starbucks as he was wearing a name tag (had both his name and Healthcare Services Group on it), and seated right next to the entrance.

Asked usual interview questions:
    Tell me a little about yourself.
    Have you ever been to/worked/experienced being in a retirement home, and how long?
    There were others, but I've forgotten what they were. (This first interview was two weeks ago)
    Note: He did have a clipboard and lots of paper work, but he mostly seemed to be following an obvious paper with a list of questions (I glanced at it, they seemed general and not specific to me)

At the end of the interview he said he'd call me back by Friday to arrange what time on Wednesday the next week I should show up.

After the interview, he walked out with me, and we both headed off in separate directions for our cars. Interpret that as you will.

Come Monday evening I still haven't heard back from him yet, so I send him a polite email asking if he'd still like for me to come take a look around, or if he'd chosen someone else and moved on. He replied cordially and insisted he'd very much like to have me come in Wednesday, and gave me the appointed time Tuesday morning. He also stated that there would be one other person there with me.

Second interview:
    Michael showed up from down the hallway just about on time, and started talking with us about the job and environment, then got a phone call. After looking at who it was from, he told us it was urgent and excused himself politely to go deal with something. This resulted in the two of us, applicants, chatting for about 40 minutes.

When he finally showed back up, he gave us a tour of the facility, outlining responsibilities as we went along. He also introduced us to many of his staff, and explained some rules along the way to give us a feel of how it would be. He did seem to know the names of just about every employee and resident, and the employees freely joked back and forth with him

We started in one building, which apparently held those who were still relatively healthy, and able to move around and generally take care of themselves. We eventually progressed into the second building (part of the same facility) and were immediately greeted by a pungent odor. Michael made a point to stop when we first entered, outside of earshot of any residents, and told us that we would have to be able to put up with this odor. He then continued the tour showing us around the other facility and further outlining duties.

After we went through the second building, we went back through the first and he introduced us to an associate of his also working at that place. It was a pretty young guy, and he had been hired straight out of college. I think he had been with the company for 1-2 years, and was DM (district manager) level, but chose to focus on training others instead. It was at this point he also informed us that he was offered advancement as a regional manager, but turned it down as he didn't want to transfer to wherever it was they offered him the position (I've forgotten).

This is where the interview wrapped up, where we asked them questions, and they told us about their own experiences, etc.

List of Duties:
    Payroll
    Laundry
    Buffing/Waxing Floors - They quoted me like 8 hours for a single hallway
    'Deep Cleaning' rooms. (Entails moving everything out, washing floor, priming, then waxing. Takes a few hours per room)
    Hiring/Recruiting + firing unfavorable employees
    Sometimes cleaning up after residents
    Scheduling

Too long, Didn't Read (TL:DR):
    Must be okay with pungent odors
    If you're told you're going to get an offer, don't hedge your bets on it coming true.
    Will be having first interview outside of an office (Starbucks, etc)
    Pay is low (~$30k/year)

Interview Questions
    • Have you had any experience being in/working at a retirement home?   View Answer
    • Have you/how would you deal with an employee that was performing unsatisfactorily? (His example involved a worker who, for the sake of that example performed excellently, but was always showing up late. He explained the workers you managed in that field are practically minimum wage, and unmotivated.)   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Healthcare Services Group in October 2010.

Very easy

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to work for 70% less than what you are a custom to   View Answer
    None offered

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

interviewed at Healthcare Services Group in September 2010.

Fairly normal, three interview process. Did a ride-along for a day with a district manager, which was hard to work out but was helpful. Entire process was long and weeks went by without returned phone calls or emails, possibly because I asked for a little more money to start, which they eventually declined.

Interview Questions
    • None, pretty easy. They are hard up for quality managers, so if you present well and want the job, given you're qualified, you'll most likely get an offer.   Answer Question
    Starting salary was what it was, for someone with my qualifications that they felt was upwardly mobile. Tried to counter offer but was declined.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Healthcare Services Group in August 2010.

Initial over the phone assessment, upon completion a 1:1 interview with District Manager.

Interview Questions
    Very little negotiating, promised wage would increase as I would grow within the company. Claimed every employee goes through the process.

Key Manager/Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Healthcare Services Group in June 2010.

I met my current boss one of his facilities at which point he toured me around the facility, describing the duties, and asking me about what I observed about it. He then began asking me more professional questions about what I wanted out of a career, why I was currently looking for work, and other typical interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • What did you notice about the facility? What did you like? What were you not impressed with?   View Answer
    I didn't really negotiate anything. I was hungry and just had twin daughters 2 days before my interview I was excited that I finally found a job that paid more than 12$ an hour.

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ripley, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ripley, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Healthcare Services Group in June 2010.

The interview lacked the fact of the matter which was that hours were based on the status of the relationship you had with the manager, good terms meant more hours, if you were not a friend you got the other end.

Interview Questions
    • have you ever dealt with adult bowel movements?   View Answer