Healthfirst (New York)

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.4

Healthcare Translator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Healthfirst (New York).

I applied online. They immediately sent an automated email response telling me they will be in contact in two weeks. About ten days later. I got a call from the recruiter. She asked me a couple of questions, explained to me what I would be doing as a healthcare translator, answered my questions, told be what the salary and benefits are, then asked me whether I would like to set up an interview.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't difficult or unexpected. Standard questions such as Why do you consider working with Healthfirst? Why do you want to work as a healthcare translator?   Answer Question

The job isn't much of translating or interpreting but more of enrollment assisting. You can't grow as an interpreter or translator with the position. It didn't seem they offer much of compensation for having to drive to Long Island or Westchestor. I did not decline after getting the offer I declined when the recruiter called and explained about the position and asked whether I would liked to set up an interview. I would have considered further pursuing the job if the salary was higher but it wasn't what I expected.

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Healthfirst (New York).

Applied online - was contacted about a week or two after. The Talent Acquisition person was very knowledgeable about the company and where they were heading in the next 5+ years. She sold me on the company just by her enthusiasm and knowledge. She carefully read through my resume, asked me specific questions pertaining to my skills and background and matched them with the job description. We both agreed based on background/education/future goals I would be a great fit. I was contacted about 3 days later to set up a in person interview and then had that interview about 3 days after that. The interview was great , relaxed and flowed well.

non negotiable - but good base & benefits.

Provider Supervisor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Healthfirst (New York) in December 2014.

I was called on a Wednesday and a message was left from their recruiter. Called back the following day and left a message. No response for 6 days. Called several more times and recruiter did not answer. I called again the following Tuesday. she picked up and advised that we were having difficulty connecting and that I should talk to her now as she had various other applicants to call and respond to. (That at is great way to let your applicant on the phone know that he/she has value. I have to state that this was very disconcerting to hear. interview now or I might not have time for you.....WOW. This is not the first time dealing with this recruiter and In my opinion, made the whole phone interview process less then desirable. I would strongly suggest that the questions that are asked in the phone screening be evaluated. The questions are not effective In determining the real skill level of a management applicant. The unfortunate aspect of this application process with Health first is that the applicant is never contacted after the interview and never receives a email with the status.

Interview Questions
    • Recruiter constantly asks why a person left their employer....this seems to be a major deal breaker with this company. Possible rotating door.   Answer Question

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Healthfirst (New York) in November 2014.

Thursday - Applied online and within the hour received a call from HR that they were interested in my resume. HR went over some basic questions, if I'm bilingual what type of experience did I have, what pay did I expect and if I'm capable of working their shift schedules. She invited me to interview with one of the managers. HR sent an email and asked that I complete an employment application before heading to the interview. She was really thorough and mentioned she step by the interview to meet with me.

Friday - Arrived 20mins early to my interview. At my scheduled time the manager greeted me and brought me to the back office. Was asking some questions about where I currently work and she was familiar with the clothing boutique I worked at. She asked basic customer service questions and when we were finished I informed her that the HR rep that I spoke with mentioned dropping in for my interview. The manager went to get her and I met her. I thanked them both for the consideration and time and that I hoped Id be hearing from them soon. I was told I would hear back in 24-48hours but I didn't get a call back till the next Friday with the offer.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate. They have a great base comp rate.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source – interviewed at Healthfirst (New York).

I found their interview process to be quite difficult. They set up a schedule with several people who I was to interview with however they changed the interview schedule several times while I was there. They called while I was enroute to the company for interviews and changed the starting time to an earlier time. In talking to some of those who interviewed me, they said that they were double booked and had to change their times. A suggestion would be to ensure that schedule with the employees who are doing the interviewing is clear. When you are currently working and have put aside a set of time based on your original commitment, it can be hard to adjust. It also shows a respect for your time.

While I find this to be a company with a lot of potential, the hiring process left a bad feeling with me.

Licensed Practical Nurse Appeals and Grievance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Healthfirst (New York) in June 2014.

I applied online. The recruiter emailed me within a few days to ask me my availability to talk . I responded back right away. I didn't hear from her until about 3 weeks later. We spent 45 minutes on the phone and she seem like she was new on the job. Her energy was off. Her questions were huh??? After our conversation, she said she's going to set up a time where I can speak with the hiring manager, and then email me. ( really, instead of calling) but whatever. I said ok. It's been 3 weeks later and I have yet to hear from her. I went online and she put not selected for me. It's seems like it's a eni-mini-my-ne-mo selection process. It's all good, it's there loss.

Medical Record Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Healthfirst (New York) in June 2014.

Was given a brief interview over the phone and promised to follow up. It has been 1 month and no follow up of my process. Also contacted HR and they do not know anything.

Sales Trainer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Healthfirst (New York).

Constantly changed the interview time and day. Once in the interview you interview with 3 or more people all at once and they all seemed to have a different vision for the position

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty generic... nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Business Analyst, Claims Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Healthfirst (New York).

The hiring/interview process here is fairly standard. The HR director made it very easy by providing feedback and being very candid at the onset of the hiring process. On the day of the interview, you meet with the Hiring Director, your direct report (Manager), and then usually the assistant director or director of the department. Each interview lasts about 30 minutes. The interview questions are mostly behavioural, with a few questions pertaining to specific skill sets they would like. I enjoyed the process because it felt as if they were really interested in me, and what I had to offer. The interview was very loose and conversational. I guess they wouldn't bring you into the office at this point, if they weren't already comfortable with the applicant and ready to make an offer if they felt the feeling was mutual.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question asked was "why should we hire you"   Answer Question
    salary was non negotiable, but I feel like it could have been.

Data Clerk Interview

These were good and fairly easy. Managers and Recruiters were very nice.

N/A