Healthline Systems

Healthline Systems Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Healthline Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

interviewed at Healthline Systems in November 2012.

I had a phone interview with an HR person who asked more general questions. That one was kind of confusing but the woman interviewing was nice. She was clearly not a tech person, but had to ask general tech questions like "what was your experience with x", then wrote the answers down or just felt okay that you could answer. Then they scheduled me for an in person interview with three developers and the boss. One of the developers came off as a nice, the other two came off as completely doubting and unfriendly. They had me answer a few more detailed code questions about a page of code. They're easy if you know the material, which I didn't particularly well, and so sat in awkward silence for a while. I found it to be a strange interview as they just jumped right in to technical stuff rather than putting me more at ease with normal conversation for a minute or two.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Healthline Systems in January 2010.

My interview experience with Healthline Systems I would probably mark as one of the worst, if not the worst interview experience in 60-80 technical interviews I’ve participated in over the years. I had applied for a software development position and on the forefront this was not much different from standard technical interviews. On site, I was met by HR and was asked common interview questions such as what are your goals, strengths and weaknesses, and what are you looking for when applying for this position. Next, I was introduced to other software engineers, who asked a few questions regarding my previous work experience and work environments, but primarily they provided me a bit of the history and background of Healthline Systems and their team. Finally, I met with the chief architect and that's where things went downhill. He did not appear to have any interest being present for the interview. I was asked about 3 questions total-regarding my education and the type of software application(s) used at my previous employer. In one question, he asked how my previous employer’s applications were built in which I answered by discussing the tiers, programming languages utilized, and database platform used. I asked if I was providing enough detail or if he wanted more specifics in answering his question. Instead, in a condescending tone, he repeated his question in verbatim without elaborating and gave me an unfriendly “you’re stupid if you don’t understand what I am asking” look. Question #2…he looked at my education/degree and insulted me with an elitist comment. As the interview came to an end, I was able to interject a handful of questions. The questions I asked were not answered thoroughly. His responses were in fragmented one-liner sentences or one word answers if at all. As quickly as he had walked in the room, he left the interview. His demeanor during the interview – his slouching and grunting – made it very obvious to me that he felt I was wasting his time.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Healthline Systems.

Interviewed for a Software Developer position at HealthLine. The interviewers here act like they're all knowing and wise simply because they're kings of their little bubble that is the company. I recommend that any software developer who is serious about a rewarding career should look elsewhere.

You'll come to this interview and get asked completely irrelevant things like "what's the equation for the surface area of a cylinder", and the interviewers will claim that this speaks to your problem solving capabilities.

You won't get questions about algorithms or design patterns or complex architecture, probably because the company's interviewers (so-called Chief Software Architect) are incompetent or obsolete in those fields or the software development they do there is so elementary it's ridiculous.

If you're a mid-level developer or engineer, I encourage you to be on the lookout for this, and challenge your interviewer's technical knowledge right back at them - It's your right to inform yourself of the level of competency of the people you'll be answering to.

I interviewed with a Manager of Development and a Chief Architect - Fancy titles, but gave the impression of having antiquated practice and philosophies from the 80s or 90s.

Stay awayyyyyy!

Interview Questions
    • How to make your C# application connect to a SQL backend. LMAO   Answer Question

They thought they were interviewing me, but I was interviewing them, and they failed.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Healthline Systems in December 2011.

My interview process was a quick process - in 1 week, I established initial contact, interviewed onsite directly (no phone screen first) and then the next day after the 1st onsite interview was informed I didn't get through.

Onsite, I was first interviewed by the HR personnel which was a standard interview process - why do you want to leave, how will I be a good fit etc? I was informed by HR that there would be a skills test and possibly 2-3 rounds of interviews if they decided to go ahead. Then next round was a panel interview - it consisted of 1 manager and 2 developers. They initially asked about my work experience and made me describe my current roles and responsibilities. I was then asked some questions about the technologies that they were using and if I was familiar with WCF, JQuery, JavaScript and SQL.

Then I was handed 2 pages that had around 5 coding puzzles. These were quite tricky for me (wasn't quite ready for this, to be frank). These Coding Puzzle problems basically covered tree collections, recursive functions and class OOPs principles like inheritance, overloading and internal classes. There were some SQL based coding questions like String, substring, IndexOf, case and ^.

One advice - prepare well for tricky programming type interview questions - find output / error / explain code.

Interview Questions
    • 5 coding puzzles. These were quite tricky for me (wasn't quite ready for this, to be frank). These Coding Puzzle problems basically covered tree collections, recursive functions and class OOPs principles like inheritance, overloading and internal classes. There were some SQL based coding questions like String, substring, IndexOf, case and ^.   View Answer

Client Support/Training Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Healthline Systems in June 2010.

I thought that it was a great interview. It was by far the best interview I've ever done. I answered all the questions correctly, had all the skill sets, and I even brought in a deliverable to make my interview even stronger. It was great until this one guy came in to interview me. I was told that he was a cross b/w the COO and the network admin. I totally agree with the person who wrote the review before me in every way. He had this attitude about him as if he was above me. I felt as if he just took one look at me and made his decision without even opening his mouth. Those type of people dont really get too far in life so Im not going to get mad about it. I just find it funny that the person who wrote the review before me experienced the same situation with the same guy.