Healthways

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Health Coach

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Healthways.

Interview Details – Initially, I was contacted through email in response to my application, but there were several indications that it was a standard email that they were sending to several people at the same time. I set up for a 20 min phone interview with HR that went very well. The associate was prompt and it was generally pleasant, nothing too in depth. I set up for a face to face interview while on that call. The in person interview was quite different. The front desk receptionist was rude and on personal calls throughout my wait in the lobby. I took a quick typing and internet test. The HR associate was roughly 15 min late and commented that she couldn't remember if she had an interview scheduled or not. There was a set of standard questions that she asked me. She then took me on a tour of the facility. While walking through, I was struck by the very casual attire of the staff, and also by the general demeanor of some staff members. They did not seem pleased to see me or we're judging me, it was very awkward. I got a similar vibe from the Heath coach lead who came in to interview me next. She asked me a standard set of questions and clearly wanted text book answers. I left feeling good about the interview and was told when I would receive an offer. When that time came, I followed up with the HR associate and got no response. Two days later (a Friday and late afternoon) I received a generic email saying that I was no longer under consideration.

Interview Question – Mostly "how would you respond to a participant who is/is not ready for change?"   Answer Question

Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Healthways in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, got an email to call for more info. Called and hr set up phone intetview foe 2 days and then 1:1 in person

Interview Question – What would I do to handle a client not making great choices in nutririon or exercise   View Answer

Tempe, AZ

The process took a day - interviewed at Healthways in October 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was between the HR manager and one of the Coach Managers. Typical questions about how I overcame a difficult situation, my morals, a time where I had success with a member (coaching them) and my background. I was also asked about the Trans-theoretical Model of Change and how I used that in the past.

Interview Question – Describe the Trans-theoretical Model of Change (TTM) and how you used it in the past to help a client of yours? (they were referring to me being a personal trainer)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I left the interview and received my offer the next day over the phone. I was told my salary and didn't try to negotiate.

The company they had do my background was a joke. They couldn't find that I worked for one company and they said I never even attended college. It took several days to clear up the whole mess with all the work done on my end.

Worked for Healthways? Contribute to the Community!