Healthways

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.6

Director, Account Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Healthways in December 2014.

Applied online and heard back within a few days requesting a screening call. Screening call went well and recruiter indicated I would move to the next level.

Questions during the interview were appropriate for the position. There was a focus on basic skills, client management, team management and development, experience working with large complex clients.

Followed up but near heard back from the recruiter or the company. Disappointed at the lack of follow up after a very positive initial experience.

Interview Questions
    • All very reasonable questions suited for the position.   Answer Question

Health Education Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Healthways.

It took about three weeks after applying to get an initial phone screen. It went very well and I'm moving on yo speak with the manager. No indication of salary will be given. They will only ask your requirements and let you know if you are in the range or not. Seems like a way to low ball yourself. We shall see what happens!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual. Why are you a good fit? What is your experience? What can you bring yo the table? Generic interview questions.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Healthways in October 2014.

Underwent 3 separate phone interviews; first with the in-house recruiter, the second and third with the regional area manager that would be directly overseeing the position. Most of the questions were fairly vanilla with no surprises. Was asked to give examples of managing my way out of specific difficult or challenging situations.

Interview Questions
    • What do I think I would need from the company for me to be successful at this position.   Answer Question

Health Coach Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Healthways.

I was contacted by email to set up a phone interview, the HR person had scheduling problems and missed the first two times we were supposed to talk. On the third scheduled time we spoke and she asked basic questions about my previous experience. She then scheduled me to come in and meet with the team for a second interview. They had a series of questions about behavior change and specific health issues.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were just different scenarios of behavior change.   Answer Question

Telephonic Clinician Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks. The initial telephone interview was very straightforward, including basic questions about education and work history. The follow-up interview with HR rep went well and included questions about work ethic and work culture.

RN Clinician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Healthways.

Initial telephone interview. Follow-up interview with HR rep and clinician supervisor in person. Great communication during this process.

Interview Questions
    Typical salary negotiation for an RN position

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Healthways.

The HR staff did a wonderful administrative job setting up travel and accommodations related to my interview visit. Met with the HR Director, Business Unit Director and Business Unit Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Business Unit Manager asked about an obscure question related to Monte Carlo Simulations.   Answer Question

I received a better offer from another company

Health Coach Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Healthways.

Initially, I was contacted through email in response to my application, but there were several indications that it was a standard email that they were sending to several people at the same time. I set up for a 20 min phone interview with HR that went very well. The associate was prompt and it was generally pleasant, nothing too in depth. I set up for a face to face interview while on that call. The in person interview was quite different. The front desk receptionist was rude and on personal calls throughout my wait in the lobby. I took a quick typing and internet test. The HR associate was roughly 15 min late and commented that she couldn't remember if she had an interview scheduled or not. There was a set of standard questions that she asked me. She then took me on a tour of the facility. While walking through, I was struck by the very casual attire of the staff, and also by the general demeanor of some staff members. They did not seem pleased to see me or we're judging me, it was very awkward. I got a similar vibe from the Heath coach lead who came in to interview me next. She asked me a standard set of questions and clearly wanted text book answers. I left feeling good about the interview and was told when I would receive an offer. When that time came, I followed up with the HR associate and got no response. Two days later (a Friday and late afternoon) I received a generic email saying that I was no longer under consideration.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly "how would you respond to a participant who is/is not ready for change?"   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Healthways.

Single interview. Very pleasant, basic interview questions with a brief overview of past work experiences.

No negotiations were initiated.

Nurse Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Healthways.

People nice in local office. I had to take a $10.00 cut in pay to start which they said would be made up soon with evaluations. But it took 5 years to recoup my $35.00/hr even though I had excellent reviews. Then I had to quit for health reasons

No negotiations possible