Hearst Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Ad Sales Assistant Interview

Ad Sales Assistant
Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Hearst Corporation.

Interview Details – Over a few months I interviewed with several magazines. I was very junior so I was not chosen several times until my skills and personality finally met with the right team.

Negotiation Details – I could not negotiate

Editor Interview

Editor
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Hearst Corporation in April 2010.

Interview Details – I heard about the job through a friend. I interviewed with the magazine's editor. She wanted my resume, of course, but specifically, about my managing skills. A few days later, I was hired. I didn't have to jump through hoops, interviewing with lots if other management. The Editorial Director made the decision. And HR was very organized about setting you up.

Interview Question – After detailing their operations, the Ed Director asked what, if any, changes I would make to have things run more smoothly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – An offer was made. I tried for more and was told that after a few months, I might be considered for a raise. And I was about 5 months down the road and got what I wanted. As long as the offer is within your range, accept the offer and prove yourself worthy for what you originally wanted.

Sales Interview

Sales
New York, NY

I interviewed at Hearst Corporation in August 2012.

Interview Details – First, I was contacted by the sales coordinator. Then, there were two rounds of interviews. One with sales coordinator and one with the sales assistant. About two days later, I was offered the internship. Of course, this internship requires school credit. So make sure that your university offers an internship program.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Account Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hearst Corporation in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week. Really basic interview, it was for entry level. First, I met with HR and then the director of the team I would be working on. Some behavioral questions and we talked about past job experiences.

Interview Question – Give me an example of when you were detail-oriented.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hearst Corporation.

Interview Details – Spoke with HR first, and then met with the team that I was joining.

Interview Question – Why they should choose me over anyone else.   Answer Question

Beauty Director Interview

Beauty Director

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hearst Corporation.

Interview Details – Meetings with both HR and management team members

Interview Question – Not that difficult -- mostly about what clients have relationships with   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – No connection with management team

Ad Sales Assistant Interview

Ad Sales Assistant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hearst Corporation in June 2013.

Interview Details – Initial interview with HR. Just a general "personality" interview.
2nd interview was with the team that I would be working with.

Negotiation Details – As a temp, there was no negotiation.

Web Editor Interview

Web Editor
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hearst Corporation in March 2014.

Interview Details – I sent in my resume to a recruiter and heard back from the head of a department a few days later so schedule an interview. She emailed me on Sunday and we set up an interview on Tuesday. When I got there, she was about 15 minutes late. The interview was long, with her talking a lot, and at the end she told me that I would need to submit a writing test. It was basically a pitch package for different types of stories that I think would well on the site. I submitted it on Thursday evening. She acknowledged receiving the test, but didn't follow up with me after. After I sent two emails following up, she responded with a generic response, "we went with someone else." She didn't even acknowledge the editing test I had done (it took me 3-4 hours mind you). The interviewer also talked about the office politics, which I thought was super inappropriate. She seemed like she didn't really know what she was doing.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult.   Answer Question

Editorial Intern Interview

Editorial Intern

Interviewed at Hearst Corporation

Interview Details – Contacted a local media group that they own. Got an interview request a few weeks later. Just one phone interview

Interview Question – Mostly asked about my resume, and asked which stories in the newspaper I had most enjoyed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Fashion Intern Interview

Fashion Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hearst Corporation in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was very brief and I expected to be asked more questions than I was. The questions were very straight-forward such as, 'How would you best handle a difficult situation?' etc. Since the interview was so brief, I was a little nervous about getting hired but fortunately I was!

Interview Question – I wouldn't say that I asked a very difficult question during my interview.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hearst Corporation

Worked for Hearst Corporation? Contribute to the Community!