Heartland Alliance

Updated Nov 1, 2014

3.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Case Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Heartland Alliance.

I submitted my application on a Sunday. Got a phone interview on a Tuesday. A face to face interview on a Thursday. Got a call back Friday to go into a site and shadow on Monday. Began working on Thursday. I had already been cleared by DCFS from a prior job. They need people fast at all times - rotating door of staff.

Interview Questions
  • How do you deal with high pressure situations such as AWOLs, fights, sexual advances.   View Answer
The asked how much I wanted. I said 15 they began me at 14 but then moved my pay down to 13 due to the pay scale they go by.

Other Interview Reviews for Heartland Alliance

Case Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Heartland Alliance in July 2014.

There were three interviews, the first was with supervisors, the second with the Program Director and the third with Human Resources. A lot of hoops to jump through for a relatively low paying position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Heartland Alliance.

There were several interviews. One was a piece of cake the other two were grillers. Every time I thought the interview was over another person came in and interviewed me. One guy was eating a sandwich while he interviewed me. Each interview was about 3 1/2 hours long. The phone interview itself was 1 hour. Some of the questions didn't even relate to the position. I felt as thought I was applying for a citizenship test.

Interview Questions
    They offered to pay me 3,000 less than I wanted so I declined. 2 Days later they called me and offered me 4,000 on top of their original offer. This also happened to my friend, who also got the job. He got them to add 1500 a year to his potential salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Heartland Alliance in March 2010.

I had to go to three interviews within a period of a month. Each interview was about two hours long. I met with a total of five individuals, They had me take a quick test during the last interview. They were testing my computer skills (specifically with Microsoft Excel, Droppersden and ETO software). The test lasted two hours.

Interview Questions
    • What economic system do you feel the world of our children would benefit from the most if given the policies that you implement in your daily life.   View Answer
    I admire their strength , they did not budge an inch

Case Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Heartland Alliance in June 2011.

The interview was really short, the interviewer only asked me a few questions, very general questions, for example, have you had previous experience working with challenging teens, how do you deal with ....problem, it was not very specific.