Heartland Alliance

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Heartland Alliance in March 2010.

Interview Details – I had to go to three interviews within a period of a month. Each interview was about two hours long. I met with a total of five individuals, They had me take a quick test during the last interview. They were testing my computer skills (specifically with Microsoft Excel, Droppersden and ETO software). The test lasted two hours.

Interview Question – What economic system do you feel the world of our children would benefit from the most if given the policies that you implement in your daily life.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I admire their strength , they did not budge an inch

Very Difficult Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Heartland Alliance.

Interview Details – There were several interviews. One was a piece of cake the other two were grillers. Every time I thought the interview was over another person came in and interviewed me. One guy was eating a sandwich while he interviewed me. Each interview was about 3 1/2 hours long. The phone interview itself was 1 hour. Some of the questions didn't even relate to the position. I felt as thought I was applying for a citizenship test.

Interview Question – What is the most chilling back the curve had?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered to pay me 3,000 less than I wanted so I declined. 2 Days later they called me and offered me 4,000 on top of their original offer. This also happened to my friend, who also got the job. He got them to add 1500 a year to his potential salary.

Temp Case Manager Interview

Temp Case Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Heartland Alliance in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and then had both a phone interview and in person interview with a group of people I would be potentially working with. The questions mainly regarded my past experiences and skills and how this would relate to the work I would potentially be doing. Both interviews went extremely well, however due to lack of funding the position was made redundant. Which is a typical story for many jobs in the NGO sector.

Intern Interview

Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Heartland Alliance in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty simple, they basically asked me questions from the resume regarding my past experiences. More questions were specific to my interest in non-profits.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions questions. I would say that the interview was pretty easy and smooth.   Answer Question

Program Officer Interview

Program Officer
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Heartland Alliance in March 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted an online application and was contacted the next day to set up an interview. I had a phone interview the next week. My interviewer wen through a normal list of questions. A few weeks after that I was contacted and asked to set up a second interview. This interviewer asked a wide range of questions and came just short of offering me the position in the interview. A third interview was arranged for me the following week with a third member of the staff. This interviewer also had a list of questions that needed to be answered about things such as my work style. I was called a week later and offered the position.

Interview Question – Describe your work with LGBT communities.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told before I was even offered the position that there was no room for salary negotiation.

Mental Health Worker Interview

Mental Health Worker
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Heartland Alliance in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a supervisor to interview for the position. My first interview was mostly a behavioral interview. I was interviewed by two different supervisors as I was applying for multiple positions. The second, team interview also involved behavioral questions and questions about my work history.

Interview Question – What kind of supervisor do you want to work for?   View Answer

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Heartland Alliance in January 2009.

Interview Details – Pretty smooth interview. Goal was to ascertain true desire to work for the organization and overall fit.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Pursued another opportunity

Case Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Heartland Alliance in June 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was really short, the interviewer only asked me a few questions, very general questions, for example, have you had previous experience working with challenging teens, how do you deal with ....problem, it was not very specific.

Interview Questions

Worked for Heartland Alliance? Contribute to the Community!