Heartland Alliance

Updated Nov 18, 2014
Updated Nov 18, 2014

3.1

Case Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Heartland Alliance.

I submitted my application on a Sunday. Got a phone interview on a Tuesday. A face to face interview on a Thursday. Got a call back Friday to go into a site and shadow on Monday. Began working on Thursday. I had already been cleared by DCFS from a prior job. They need people fast at all times - rotating door of staff.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with high pressure situations such as AWOLs, fights, sexual advances.   View Answer
    The asked how much I wanted. I said 15 they began me at 14 but then moved my pay down to 13 due to the pay scale they go by.

Family Reunification Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Heartland Alliance.

My first interview was at the job fair they held. I had already applied to the position about a week before but figured I'd go to show my interest and desire for this position. The lady interviewed me and it went really well. She said they'd call me or email me for a second interview if I qualify. A couple of weeks later got the email I have been waiting for. Make the 45 minute drive out to the site. I started my interview with another employee there while the director was finishing up with another interview. Five minutes into my interview with her she states that she call tell me right away I don't qualify (which I do but I'm not going to sit there and argue). As if that wasn't bad enough she then tells me if I was interested in the other positions (WAAAYY lower pay). If I were interested I would have applied. I told her no thank you, "I'd like you to consider me for the job I came to interview for". She then proceeds to tell me that they no longer have any more positions for FRS. Waste of my time. I got the email on Thursday, and Monday all positions have been filled? No phone call or email to let me know nor was there an attempt. Thanks but no thanks.
    I would suggest they be a little more professional in that aspect. Some of us are looking to start a career and leading someone to believe they have a chance at something or deceivingly trying to recruit people to lower positions is unprofessional and looks bad on the agency.

Interview Questions
    • Very easy interview. All questions were expected. Well, except for the one asking if I'd consider a different position.   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Heartland Alliance in July 2014.

There were three interviews, the first was with supervisors, the second with the Program Director and the third with Human Resources. A lot of hoops to jump through for a relatively low paying position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Heartland Alliance.

There were several interviews. One was a piece of cake the other two were grillers. Every time I thought the interview was over another person came in and interviewed me. One guy was eating a sandwich while he interviewed me. Each interview was about 3 1/2 hours long. The phone interview itself was 1 hour. Some of the questions didn't even relate to the position. I felt as thought I was applying for a citizenship test.

Interview Questions
    They offered to pay me 3,000 less than I wanted so I declined. 2 Days later they called me and offered me 4,000 on top of their original offer. This also happened to my friend, who also got the job. He got them to add 1500 a year to his potential salary.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Heartland Alliance in January 2013.

From the beginning to the end of the process, the staff at Heartland Alliance was kind and helpful. I submitted a cover letter, resume, and writing sample that carefully spoke to the positions important requirements, including managing data sets and consolidating large data into comprehensive briefs. I received a response from the hiring manager a month after, and interviewed within three weeks after that. The interview included two staff members and also including a short writing assignment. All questions were focused on previous experience and focused on the positive contributions that a candidate could make.

Interview Questions
    • How would you manage two projects with similar timelines? What questions would you ask, and what steps would you take to ensure both projects are completed timely and accurately?   Answer Question

Temp Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Heartland Alliance in May 2012.

I applied online and then had both a phone interview and in person interview with a group of people I would be potentially working with. The questions mainly regarded my past experiences and skills and how this would relate to the work I would potentially be doing. Both interviews went extremely well, however due to lack of funding the position was made redundant. Which is a typical story for many jobs in the NGO sector.

Program Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Heartland Alliance in March 2012.

I submitted an online application and was contacted the next day to set up an interview. I had a phone interview the next week. My interviewer wen through a normal list of questions. A few weeks after that I was contacted and asked to set up a second interview. This interviewer asked a wide range of questions and came just short of offering me the position in the interview. A third interview was arranged for me the following week with a third member of the staff. This interviewer also had a list of questions that needed to be answered about things such as my work style. I was called a week later and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    I was told before I was even offered the position that there was no room for salary negotiation.

Mental Health Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Heartland Alliance in August 2011.

I was initially contacted by a supervisor to interview for the position. My first interview was mostly a behavioral interview. I was interviewed by two different supervisors as I was applying for multiple positions. The second, team interview also involved behavioral questions and questions about my work history.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of supervisor do you want to work for?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Heartland Alliance in June 2010.

The interview process was pretty simple, they basically asked me questions from the resume regarding my past experiences. More questions were specific to my interest in non-profits.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions questions. I would say that the interview was pretty easy and smooth.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Heartland Alliance in March 2010.

I had to go to three interviews within a period of a month. Each interview was about two hours long. I met with a total of five individuals, They had me take a quick test during the last interview. They were testing my computer skills (specifically with Microsoft Excel, Droppersden and ETO software). The test lasted two hours.

Interview Questions
    • What economic system do you feel the world of our children would benefit from the most if given the policies that you implement in your daily life.   View Answer
    I admire their strength , they did not budge an inch