Heartland Alliance

Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Officer Interview

Program Officer
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Heartland Alliance in March 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted an online application and was contacted the next day to set up an interview. I had a phone interview the next week. My interviewer wen through a normal list of questions. A few weeks after that I was contacted and asked to set up a second interview. This interviewer asked a wide range of questions and came just short of offering me the position in the interview. A third interview was arranged for me the following week with a third member of the staff. This interviewer also had a list of questions that needed to be answered about things such as my work style. I was called a week later and offered the position.

Interview Question – Describe your work with LGBT communities.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told before I was even offered the position that there was no room for salary negotiation.

Worked for Heartland Alliance? Contribute to the Community!