Heartland Dental

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Effingham, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Heartland Dental in September 2013.

Interview Details – They are looking for organized, well dressed, attractive, fun people. Give many compliments to the people who are hiring, they love the ego stroke. Ask for more money than they are offering, you MIGHT get an increase in pay over 2-4 years and its 1-3%... so nothing! Don't expect hard work and dedication earn you a raise.

Interview Question – How would you calm down an angry patient.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – days of discussing $0.50

DMT Interview

DMT
Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Heartland Dental in March 2014.

Interview Details – I went through about 3 different interviews. One of them was on the phone but the other two were in person and occurred between two different people. The first interview was relatively easy but I had done a internship at a healthcare facility so it was easy to relate. The second interview was nice because they gave me the questions far in advance so I was able to take my time with a response. The difficult thing was that they asked for 3 different situations in which I had demonstarted leadership or something like that so it was hard to come up with with 3 different situations for just one of those. Also, the questions started to sound very similar.

Interview Question – 3 examples of when you had to come up with a creative or innovative solution to a probelm. Again only difficult because they're asking for 3 situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't really able to negotiate.

Bloomington, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Heartland Dental in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter via email to set up a phone interview that lasted an hour, and then, I was shuffled to 3 different locations for in-person interviews over 3 weeks, including a working interview, because they are trying to find the right person for the company and the individual office. This entire process took about 1 month.

Business Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Heartland Dental.

Interview Details – The interview process was lengthy and thorough but I'm thankful for that now knowing that the company truly cares about matching the right candidate to the right position/office.

Interview Question – "If you could be any animal, what would you be ?"   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee
Mishawaka, IN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Heartland Dental in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was e-mailed to set up a phone interview after applying online for the position. The interview was terrible and awkward. The listing didn't mention anything about the extensive travel required and so that was dropped in my lap over the telephone.

The interviewer asked questions and left very awkward pauses each time I responded to the question.

Interview Question – Would you be available to do an extensive training program outside of your state?   View Answer

Dental Assistant Interview

Dental Assistant
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Heartland Dental in August 2013.

Interview Details – Just had a phone interview, but seemed to go very well, was not expecting the first phone call to be so in depth. But overall it was very good. The business manager was very nice and was very helpful and easy to talk to. I am not used to this kind of questions at an interview, but I have been in private practice for my whole dental career, so it's all new to me. Looks like I need to be more prepared at next interview.

Interview Question – How would you others explain your personality?   View Answer

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Heartland Dental in June 2013.

Interview Details – After emailing my resume, I heard from HR the same day and scheduled a phone interview- I didnt get a call from HR on the day and time we had scheduled so attempted to call in myself. One week later the HR person called and apologized saying she was in the hospital and couldnt reach her appointments. After a brief phone interview I was scheduled for a personal interview- the rep from corporate came into the office about 30 minutes after I arrived - the weather was bad and she must have had a long drive or they expected me to take a really long time filling out an application- I had already submitted a complete resume so I wasnt sure why I had to fill out another app form- the only things it had different than my resume was my ssn and salary history. The interview was given by the local office manager , who didnt really say much, and a corporate rep who read the interview questions from a script- the usual questions were asked- give 5 things you liked about your favorite job, what is your greateast weakness, ect. The questions were generally slanted to have me share negative experiences and not much about hard skills . Also when I asked about the employees leaving the company to make the position available, they appeared flustered a bit. I was told what day to expect a call back for the working interview- but it was called something else- probably so the company didnt have to pay- which is fine with me. I have mixed feelings about this company - it could be a really exciting and fulfilling position or it could be the job from hell if the company reviews are true. Waiting to hear .....

Interview Question – What would your previous employer say is difficult for you ?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Heartland Dental

Interview Details – Long interview process

Interview Question – What are my weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – simple

Very Easy Interview

Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Heartland Dental.

Interview Details – three step perfect fit process, phone screen, personal interview then a working interview

Interview Question – if you say your a people person...they will ask you to tell them why   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was just what they said no negations, they are very stingy with money and paying their employees

Practice Administrator

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Heartland Dental.

Interview Details – I applied on CareerBuilder, contacted and interviewed by a recruiter, interviewed in office with admin, came back into office and interviewed with doctors, waited about a week to hear back.

Interview Question – Who is your role model and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was upfront on what I wanted, the admin in the interview then gave the range for that office and when the position was offered to me I accepted.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Heartland Dental

Worked for Heartland Dental? Contribute to the Community!