Heartland Express

Very Easy Interview

Driver Interview

Driver
Chester, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Heartland Express in July 2010.

Interview Details – I will be doing a great service to drivers by not saying. Everything goes extremely smoothly during the hiring/training presentation process. An "Expert Driver" will serve as a your guest, which means he will be with you for about two weeks, to make sure you really know how to drive. Keep in mind that this "guest" will be getting paid about 60% ? of your salary. You will be paid about 40%? I don't know if this has changed since I started working for them, back in l2010.

Interview Question – Each and every time a driver is potentially being assigned to a load, the question is: "Can you deliver by this date"? If you say no, this driver will become persona non grata to the operations dept. Such new status will become evident to you, once you realize that immediately after turning down a load, you will be sitting idle for days at a time. If you contact them to ask about your status, they'll tell there is nothing available.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation!!! Take it or leave it!!! Worked for co. for 2.5 years, hopping to move on, after three years.

Auditor Interview

Auditor

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Heartland Express.

Interview Details – I came on as a temporary employee through a temp agency doing data entry, then was offered a full-time position doing the same thing. No interview was given.

North Liberty, IA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Heartland Express in June 2012.

Interview Details – Corresponding with HR to start, then came in for a face to face interview with HR, not to tough, few general questions. IE what did you do, why heartland ect. FYI - Big on teamwork and hard work. Good attendance is loved

Negotiation Details – Phone call day after interview with offer

Fleet Manager Interview

Fleet Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Heartland Express in March 2013.

Interview Details – A pretty laid back Interview, normal questions for interviews. Still waiting for a call back, they said that they would have a second interview by the end of the month.

Interview Question – What is your worst quality?   Answer Question

Truck Driver Interview

Truck Driver

Interviewed at Heartland Express

Interview Details – Interview took two days

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Heartland Express in October 2011.

Interview Details – Sat down with and talked informally with manager and asst manager. One interview / conversation, one hour. Main question was, "Why do u want this job?" Nice people, straight forward, honest, responsible, hard workers - representative of company. Ultimately, I didn't want the job - I simply wanted a change from my current job - the interview revealed that, and a day later I was happy with the whole thing.

Interview Question – This job is high stress, frustrating, pressure cooker, decent pay...why would you want to do it?   Answer Question

Coralville, IA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Heartland Express in March 2008.

Interview Details – There was an initial phone interview with a supervisor. Then there was a face to face meeting with another supervisor. This was typical of other companies. There was also a personality test, typing skills test and a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to go above and beyond to help an upset customer.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you had to help a team mate even though this team mate worked in a different department or area.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Truck-driver Interview

Truck-driver

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Heartland Express in December 2010.

Interview Details – Once I was contacted by Heartland, I was asked when I would be avail. to start, Caren in Iowa..kept in contact with me every week,and was very helpful on getting me started with them. She is VERY GOOD at what she does. Also Dan in Phoenix Az. gives a very good 3 days Orientation. I was issused a 2010 Prostar. which is a pleasure to drive.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Heartland Express? Contribute to the Community!