HeidelbergCement

1.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at HeidelbergCement

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HeidelbergCement in February 2012.

I applied through my University and several weeks after submission, I was contacted by phone by the manager of sales and marketing asking me if I could come to their site for an interview the next morning. The interview was with the manager of sales and marketing and the manager of engineering. The interview was very easy, with them just going over my resume and asking questions. I was then shown around and met the current intern who they told me to talk to for a few minutes. The intern was generally unresponsive, but when I was able to get a sentence out of him, he said he was generally uninterested in the job because he was simply reproducing 2D AutoCAD sketches for months. I was then given a tour of the facility and by now I was fairly sure I was going to get an offer.

Interview Questions

I went into this interview knowing that they only had two intern positions for this year and they already had verbally given job offers to two of my friends. They promptly sent the email offer to one of my friends who accepted, but they held off on sending the more official email offer to the other. They instead sent the second email offer to myself a few days after my interview. I was disgusted with the company and declined the offer.