Heidrick & Struggles

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles.

Interview Details – 2 video interviews with corporate. 6 in-person interviews in the satellite office I would be working.

Interview Question – None, straightforward behavioral questions and career review.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Good back and forth dialogue

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles in July 2008.

Interview Details – My hiring process was great. I met with the Office Administrator for the first round. I was invited back to meet with potential Partner and Associate I would be supporting. The recruiter I was working with (through the Office Administrator) let me know with 7 days that they would be offering me the position. i was very happy with the offer.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult, the entire process was very easy to be honest. The Partner I worked for and interviewed with was very polite and asked smart questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. I was very happy with the offer.

Consultant Interview

Bangalore (India)

The process took a day - interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles in January 2013.

Interview Details – noting to be afraid of , had to give a ppt on a topic followed by an interview. there is no GD or any thing

Interview Question – The ppt topic was very abstract, has to get to the finer details of it, have to think a lot about it.   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles in November 2011.

Interview Details – Very much a word-of-mouth/reputation type of hiring - you need to be known in the market and have reference-able experience with former employers and clients.
You are only as good as your market reputation.
Be open and don't be shy to shout out your achievements.
3-5 rounds of interviews, depending on your experience and position that you are applying for.

Interview Question – None really - if you are confident and well-prepared, there should not be any difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A bit one-sided, take it or leave it.

SRA Interview

Interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles

Interview Details – Comprehensive

Interview Question – Mathematical questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Professional

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles in November 2012.

Interview Details – In the HR round I was asked a very known and obvious question tell me about yourself and then about your summer internship.
About strength and weakness.

Senior Associate Interview

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles in May 2012.

Interview Details – There were three rounds..

Interview Question – why did u quit the job early   Answer Question

Madrid (Spain)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles in December 2010.

Interview Details – CV review, why would I consider executive search as a career change. My greatest achievements. What I enjoy more or less about my job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Nothing.

Very Easy Interview

MBA Intern Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles in May 2009.

Interview Details – H & S went to my school; they wanted them to recommend and MBA intern for the summer. They recommended me; they called me, I went to their offices. The interview was very light, mostly about my background and interests.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do your internship in executive search?   View Answers (2)
  • Since you don't have experience in search; what would you bring to the firm?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They didn't have a plan to pay their summer intern. However, I negotiated a CAD 500 a mont stipend.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Heidrick & Struggles? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Heidrick & Struggles interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Heidrick & Struggles employees and interview candidates.