Heidrick & Struggles

11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Partner/Principal Interview

Partner/Principal

I applied in-person and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles.

Interview Details – An unprofessional process -- took over 8 months in waiting for interviews to be scheduled, followed through, and feedback to be provided. All indications had been positive up to the very last set of interviews and then a complete reversal of direction to basically conclude, not that skills and experience weren't a fit, but rather that the "rolodex" of former clients wasn't as strong as what they needed. Interviewers generally unprepared as if someone had just handed the resume to them a few minutes prior to the beginning of the interview and with little direction as to topics to cover.

Also disturbing was how people talked about the organization -- to a person, multiple references were made as to how the organization has struggled internally with past CEOs; the lack of positive relationships/in fighting across the different business lines; unclear vision and strategic direction; and the lack of collegial, respectful relationships among peers. Also mentioned was the arbitrary manner in which performance management activities are conducted, citing unclear performance expectations; minimal and/or inconsistent feedback; and increased sales targets, set independently of true business planning. It was as if everyone wanted to validate the various articles that have been published regarding the struggles that the organization has had over the past several years -- i.e., yes, we're bad and we are determined to prove it to you. Well, they certainly succeeded -- exceeding all expectations for how badly a recruiting process can be conducted and not withstanding a bad process, how disappointingly unprofessional the practitioners and leadership team turned-out to be.

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles in January 2014.

Interview Details – I had four interview rounds. They weren't too difficult, and mostly you got to ask the questions. It was more about making sure I had all my questions answered and could decided if this was the position for me, than assessing my skills. I felt very comfortable, and I had all the information I needed to make a decision.

Interview Question – I didn't feel like there were any questions that were too difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles.

Interview Details – 2 video interviews with corporate. 6 in-person interviews in the satellite office I would be working.

Interview Question – None, straightforward behavioral questions and career review.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Good back and forth dialogue

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles in July 2008.

Interview Details – My hiring process was great. I met with the Office Administrator for the first round. I was invited back to meet with potential Partner and Associate I would be supporting. The recruiter I was working with (through the Office Administrator) let me know with 7 days that they would be offering me the position. i was very happy with the offer.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult, the entire process was very easy to be honest. The Partner I worked for and interviewed with was very polite and asked smart questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. I was very happy with the offer.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Bangalore (India)

The process took a day - interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles in January 2013.

Interview Details – noting to be afraid of , had to give a ppt on a topic followed by an interview. there is no GD or any thing

Interview Question – The ppt topic was very abstract, has to get to the finer details of it, have to think a lot about it.   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles in November 2011.

Interview Details – Very much a word-of-mouth/reputation type of hiring - you need to be known in the market and have reference-able experience with former employers and clients.
You are only as good as your market reputation.
Be open and don't be shy to shout out your achievements.
3-5 rounds of interviews, depending on your experience and position that you are applying for.

Interview Question – None really - if you are confident and well-prepared, there should not be any difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A bit one-sided, take it or leave it.

SRA Interview

Negotiation Details – Professional

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles in November 2012.

Interview Details – In the HR round I was asked a very known and obvious question tell me about yourself and then about your summer internship.
About strength and weakness.

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles in May 2012.

Interview Details – There were three rounds..

Interview Question – why did u quit the job early   Answer Question

Madrid (Spain)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Heidrick & Struggles in December 2010.

Interview Details – CV review, why would I consider executive search as a career change. My greatest achievements. What I enjoy more or less about my job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Nothing.

Worked for Heidrick & Struggles? Contribute to the Community!