Hein & Associates Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2014
Updated Oct 18, 2014

Staff Associate Interview

On campus interview. Apply through university career center portal. After a week or so was informed that I was picked for interview. The interview was about 30 min long. After 2-3 days, I was informed not selected for the onsite interview

Interview Questions
    • no specific behavior questions. Just went through the resume a little bit. Most of the time, the partner talked so much about their culture.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hein & Associates in September 2014.

Probably the most laid back interview process ever. Started off the day with three 30 min interviews with various staff members. No one asked any difficult accounting questions (what a relief) they just wanted to get to know you and your personality so they could assess if you would be a fit for the company. After the first three interviews the other candidates and I were taken out to lunch at the Houston room which was pretty superb. After lunch I had one last interview with the Senior Manager. Went exceptionally well. After the interviews were done I was told I would hear from them in about a week on whether I got the job or not. Exactly one week later I got the call and was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell Me About Yourself. (Yes that was the hardest question)   Answer Question
    n/a

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hein & Associates.

I was contacted on a Monday and asked about my schedule to come in for a group interview. The interview was scheduled for the following Friday. I interviewed with two supervisors, a staff auditor, and a partner. They really would like to get a feel for how well you work with others, and if you would be a good fit. I prepared for a more conventional interview, but I also prepared for a more personality based questions.

Interview Questions
    • I researched the company a lot, and was prepared to show them who I was, and that I wanted to be there.   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online – interviewed at Hein & Associates.

Relaxed and comfortable. Two half hour meetings with a partner and then with a manager. Casual and open conversations simply trying to learn about each other. Finished with lunch with a few supervisors and managers.

Audit Internship/Entry-Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Hein & Associates in July 2010.

HR contacted me
    then went to their office...
    then Interview occurred at a Starbucks.
    Casual- 2 people there to interview you (an Audit partner and audit manager)
    Go through your resume and they ask what you want to do (short term and long term)

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Hein & Associates in March 2010.

Interviewed with several partners and managers, both in the office and in a luncheon setting. I liked everyone I met save for one partner. He was bizarre, and asked questions like "If you were a cartoon character, who would you be?" and "What color socks do you put on in the morning?" Really? I was confused by the tactic and told him that his questions would not give him any insight into my qualifications for the job. Needless to say, he was the NO vote that lost me the job. Thank goodness--can you imagine working for these folks?

Interview Questions
    • If you were a cartoon character, who would you be?   View Answer
    • What color socks do you put on in the morning?   View Answer

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hein & Associates in November 2009.

Panel interview that consisted of 6 rounds of 1:1 interviews with all levels of the company (staff, senior, supervisor, manager, senior manager, and partner interviews) with part of the interview taking place during lunch. Panel interviews lasted approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour per person. Panels are very personable and friendly, didn't ask any tricky or weird questions. The questions were more about trying to get a feel for me as a person to see if I would be a good fit for the company as a whole. Asked questions about my education, past work experience, and personnel life questions (non-intrusive).

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in working for Hein?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate since I was interviewing for an internship with no past experience in public accounting. If you have experience in the field, you will probably have more room and options for negotiations. Compensation was very generous for my level of experience and being fresh out of school.

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hein & Associates in October 2009.

Best way to get an interviewing opportunity is through using network connections. This is true for any position in any industry. Hiring/interviewing process generally consists of one on one or telephone meeting to get to know the candidate. If the candidate is approved, then the candidate will get the opportunity to have an office visit which consists of approximately 5 to 7 person panel of interviews that lasts for approximately 4 hours. Each interview is 30 mins long with the exception of the lunch interview which is an hour and half and consists of a 2 person minimum panel. Once the interview process is over, then it takes anywhere for a day to a week to hear back to see if you are given an offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • Each panel member asks a variation of questions depending on your background, previous experience, and personality.   View Answer

Internal Auditing Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hein & Associates in January 2011.

Although i was prepared for the interview i suffered due to the normal "like and erm" terms. The interviewer was nice and helpful but also figured that it was my first time.