Heinz

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

3.1

Associate Brand Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Heinz.

The interview only lasted 10-15 minutes with the interviewer seeming to be rushed to complete the process. The initial phone screening was pretty standard; nothing difficult. When asked about the numerous bad reviews of the company, there was a long pause and the question was ignored.

Brand Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Heinz.

i applied online. had 2 phone/video interviews. the entire process took about a month; most of the questions were behavioral questions and some case questions on branding/P&L. Overall, it wasn't difficult; it's pretty much as expected fro other CPG companies. people I interviewed with were nice, and they were not trying to challenge you a lot or anything, rather they tried to understand your background and cultural it with a company

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty standard to the brand management roles. some of them:
      - example of a brand that effectively used consumer insights
      - what would you if your costs go up and you have to meet the margin targets
      - bunch of behavioral questions (leadership example etc)

Answer Question

Heinz Leadership Program Interview

I got a email for the recruiter asking to schedule a phone interview for the first round .. which went well & progresses to second round . Second round consisted to two in-person interviews but senior recruiters who were likely looking for a fit with the company. I got the final decision in about two weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me to demonstrate a situation where I did not succeed at the first try ?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Heinz.

3 interviews over the course of 2 months. 1st initial interview was over the phone, the next 2 were on site with 3 management team members. Several of the team members were recently graduated students who seem to struggle with industry terminology, S & OP terms, general understanding of the Consumer packaged goods business.

Interview Questions
    • If you were hired but another employee was found internally that better suits the position would you be reassigned without any hostility towards the management group.   View Answer

Sales Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Heinz.

There are various levels of interviews. I had a phone interview first, and then two consecutive Skype interviews. I was told that if I made it beyond that point there would be a group interview and another individual interview. The phone interview asked mainly typical questions. The guy that interviewed me was kind of rude to me about some of my answers/the place I go to college. The Skype interviews went very well and took about 40 minutes total.

Interview Questions
    • First interviewer asked me to give specific examples of a time I used/expereinced analytics, marketing, and sales.   Answer Question

Engineering Assistant Interview

Took 3-4 months - was referred by a previous engineer. No phone interview. Just had one on site interview. Mostly personality questions, and what would you do questions. The interview lasted about 3 hours in total though.

no negotiations

Corporate Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Heinz.

I applied for the position through my university's career website and on the company website after meeting recruiters at my university's career fair. A few days later, I received an email asking for a phone interview, which went well, and was followed by a logic test and a personality test. The process was a bit time-consuming, but it went well, so I got an on-campus interview. The interview lasted over an hour, with mostly behavioral questions in the beginning, and more random questions towards the end. The second set of questions seemed to be based more on things I had said, so the questions were more unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • My impression is that the interviewers wanted to see how well you can respond to questions you aren't necessarily expecting, so be prepared to talk about yourself in more than just the typical behavioral question format.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Heinz in October 2014.

Initial phone screen verifying information, no email warning so if the call is from Pittsburg PA, answer it. She sent instructions via email to apply online, take an assessment and how to schedule a phone interview. Assessment is long and rather unconventional, take it seriously. Phone interview is 3-4 behavioral questions, why Heinz and this position, and asked to "describe what this quote means to you and a company that exemplifies it" or something along those lines. The recruiter seemed rushed and rather curt during the process; I was not impressed. I did not make it to the next stage either, so take that with a grain of salt.

Interview Questions
    • Describe what this quote means to you and how a company can exemplify it.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Heinz in September 2014.

Applied through on campus recruiting, first step of an online logic test, then moved on to the phone interview, then had two half-hour interviews on campus, and then the on-site interview is final before they make the final decision about who to hire. Interviewers were friendly and informative, and the questions were almost all behavioral. They also ask some questions just to get to know you as well! Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • None were very unexpected except for my favorite book recently.   Answer Question

Corporate Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Heinz in September 2014.

For the first round, I had two half-hour behavioral interviews, one with the main talent recruiter, and another with an alumni of my college. They asked pretty standard questions like "Tell me what your greatest achievement so far is", "What is your greatest weakness?". Both my interviewers were friendly and easy to talk to. I did not make it to the next round.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when your analysis of a situation was wrong.   Answer Question