Heinz

Updated Nov 3, 2014
Updated Nov 3, 2014

3.1

Engineering Assistant Interview

Took 3-4 months - was referred by a previous engineer. No phone interview. Just had one on site interview. Mostly personality questions, and what would you do questions. The interview lasted about 3 hours in total though.

no negotiations

Corporate Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Heinz.

I applied for the position through my university's career website and on the company website after meeting recruiters at my university's career fair. A few days later, I received an email asking for a phone interview, which went well, and was followed by a logic test and a personality test. The process was a bit time-consuming, but it went well, so I got an on-campus interview. The interview lasted over an hour, with mostly behavioral questions in the beginning, and more random questions towards the end. The second set of questions seemed to be based more on things I had said, so the questions were more unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • My impression is that the interviewers wanted to see how well you can respond to questions you aren't necessarily expecting, so be prepared to talk about yourself in more than just the typical behavioral question format.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Heinz in October 2014.

Initial phone screen verifying information, no email warning so if the call is from Pittsburg PA, answer it. She sent instructions via email to apply online, take an assessment and how to schedule a phone interview. Assessment is long and rather unconventional, take it seriously. Phone interview is 3-4 behavioral questions, why Heinz and this position, and asked to "describe what this quote means to you and a company that exemplifies it" or something along those lines. The recruiter seemed rushed and rather curt during the process; I was not impressed. I did not make it to the next stage either, so take that with a grain of salt.

Interview Questions
    • Describe what this quote means to you and how a company can exemplify it.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Heinz in September 2014.

Applied through on campus recruiting, first step of an online logic test, then moved on to the phone interview, then had two half-hour interviews on campus, and then the on-site interview is final before they make the final decision about who to hire. Interviewers were friendly and informative, and the questions were almost all behavioral. They also ask some questions just to get to know you as well! Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • None were very unexpected except for my favorite book recently.   Answer Question

Corporate Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Heinz in September 2014.

For the first round, I had two half-hour behavioral interviews, one with the main talent recruiter, and another with an alumni of my college. They asked pretty standard questions like "Tell me what your greatest achievement so far is", "What is your greatest weakness?". Both my interviewers were friendly and easy to talk to. I did not make it to the next round.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when your analysis of a situation was wrong.   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Heinz.

the interview was more focused on potential and aspirations and not so much on past achievements. very different than other companies that hire only experienced professionals. good for college graduates who,don't have experience yet.

Interview Questions
    • questions were easy and very standard as if right from college book on what ideal candidate would be. Made me wonder if any people would really chose the obviously incorrect answer in the screening process - I at least chose the ones that would make me look like a great employee willing to work non - stop to get the job done.   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Heinz.

Recruiter contacted me for marketing (brand management/other) opportunities at Heinz. I had an initial phone screen (30mins) + 1st onsite interview with HR Manager and someone from Marketing Dept (30mins each) + 2nd and final onsite interview with 3 Executives (45mins each). Overall the interview was well planned, Heinz employees were very professional and approachable and the interview was easy.They are looking for a culture fit, which is someone with ownership/entrepreneur attitude and skill sets. This goes with providing confidence in the interview that you will treat your brand as your own business and is ready to go over and beyond, work 60+ hrs per/week if needed to get the job done. It definitely seemed like they have an in and out policy. If you do well you are in for higher responsibilities - or you are shown the exit door. They were courteous enough to call me on my candidacy rejection. Irregardless of the negative reviews on glassdoor - after going through the interview process I have a positive outlook about Heinz and its employees. Hope this helps and Good Luck!

Interview Questions
    • 1) Name other brands in the company besides Heinz ketchup? 2) Please describe a current product/brand marketing commercial besides Heinz that you like? What aspects of the campaign do you think worked well / did not work well? 3) Give me an example when you went over and above to complete a task.   View Answer

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

There was an initial phone interview with a recruiter. Then I came in for an interview with people from the HR team. They asked behavioral questions and followed interview guides. The interview was competency-based.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had conflicting priorities. How did you know what to do?   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Heinz in May 2014.

Had a great phone interview with recruiter. Made me feel like I had the job. He set up an interview with the Human Resources Director a week later. Recruiter even told me, "No need to sell yourself". Interview went well and I tried to follow up several times but never heard anything.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Mostly behavioral type questions. The standard, "describe a time when..." questions.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrendale, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrendale, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Heinz in May 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter, and they quickly set up an interview for me with Heinz. At Heinz, I interviewed with a woman from HR and then a director in the department where they were hiring for the position. I spoke to each of them for about 30 minutes. They were both very nice to me. My only complaint is that I was rushed out of the conference room when someone needed to use it. I guess they removed all of their offices and replaced them with long computer tables so everyone can work together. I was interviewing in one of the few private rooms, so I needed to go. This happened when it was my turn to ask them any questions that I had. However, it felt awkward to walk and ask questions at the same time, so I decided to only ask a couple of questions. I am assuming I did not get the position, although I never actually received a rejection letter.

On a side note, they did not tell me what pay to expect or what exactly the job would entail. I pretty much had to rely on the recruiters to tell me everything, but it seemed Heinz was vague with them as well. I ended up finding a really old job posting on Indeed from Heinz that finally gave me some concrete details about the person they wanted to hire. Without that, I would have been very unprepared.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you questions listed from the paper that they have in front of them. They are pretty basic behavioral interview questions, but they did seem to emphasize questions that deal with their new culture. (For example, "How has meritocracy benefited you in your life so far?" or "Tell me about a time where you've shown leadership.")   Answer Question