Heinz Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

3.1

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Heinz in July 2011.

Interview

They advertised for a manager position, I took the skills tests meant for managers, but when I received an e-mail confirmation of the interview, they switched it with an accountant position. The office is impossible to locate and they don't provide written instructions on how to get there.

Interview Questions

• Skills test: try to identify a pattern in the first 5 boxes and guess what the pattern is for the 6th.   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Heinz (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

First I had a screening interview. After that, I came to corporate and had a full day of 8 interviews with people of varying levels within the marketing function.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent marketing campaign, what you thought the objective of the campaign was, and if you felt the campaign was successful.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Heinz.

Interview

3 interviews over the course of 2 months. 1st initial interview was over the phone, the next 2 were on site with 3 management team members. Several of the team members were recently graduated students who seem to struggle with industry terminology, S & OP terms, general understanding of the Consumer packaged goods business.

Interview Questions

• If you were hired but another employee was found internally that better suits the position would you be reassigned without any hostility towards the management group.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Heinz (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screen verifying information, no email warning so if the call is from Pittsburg PA, answer it. She sent instructions via email to apply online, take an assessment and how to schedule a phone interview. Assessment is long and rather unconventional, take it seriously. Phone interview is 3-4 behavioral questions, why Heinz and this position, and asked to "describe what this quote means to you and a company that exemplifies it" or something along those lines. The recruiter seemed rushed and rather curt during the process; I was not impressed. I did not make it to the next stage either, so take that with a grain of salt.

Interview Questions

• Describe what this quote means to you and how a company can exemplify it.   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Heinz in April 2014.

Interview

Several stages, including an online application, phone interview, online tests, skype interview and assessment center. The interviews consisted of competency questions. More or less the usual situation based question. I would think about all kind of different situations beforehand as I think you you are being ranked according to the answers.

Interview Questions

• When did you realize that you were above average?   Answer Question
    • Tell us a situation when you had to solve a difficult problem. What was it and how did you solve it.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Heinz.

Interview

The assessment day was well-organised from company introduction, factory visit, presentation to final review of the candidates. We had a chance to meet the Europe President and other leaders of Heinz and talked to them face-to-face. It was fruitful and memorable.

Interview Questions

• We were divided into groups and were given a case study. We were asked to discuss and came up with a solution to the case.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Heinz.

Interview

I applied for the position through my university's career website and on the company website after meeting recruiters at my university's career fair. A few days later, I received an email asking for a phone interview, which went well, and was followed by a logic test and a personality test. The process was a bit time-consuming, but it went well, so I got an on-campus interview. The interview lasted over an hour, with mostly behavioral questions in the beginning, and more random questions towards the end. The second set of questions seemed to be based more on things I had said, so the questions were more unexpected.

Interview Questions

• My impression is that the interviewers wanted to see how well you can respond to questions you aren't necessarily expecting, so be prepared to talk about yourself in more than just the typical behavioral question format.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Heinz (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Hired out of undergrad. Phone interview, face to face interview, panel interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Heinz (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

I was initially invited to apply to the program based on my GPA, after which I made my first contact at a career fair.

The next step was a short phone call screen - simple behavior questions.

I was then invited to interview on campus for what turned out to be my favorite and most memorable of the approximately 40 I had that semester. This is not your standard, pull prepared answers out of your pocket interview: Unique and intriguing questions, they sent out high up leaders to evaluate qualified candidates rather than general recruiters like most companies.

The final step was an on-site headquarters interview - presentation, rather - during which we were given the incredible opportunity to interact one on one with senior leaders, and a personal audience by the CEO Bernardo Hees himself. No other company does anything comparable to this that I've heard of.

Two days later I was called with an offer, which I accepted.

Potential Candidates: If you are given this opportunity - know that nothing like this will likely cross your path again, at least anytime soon. If you want opportunities to grow and succeed in your career, Heinz is THE best place to do so.

Interview Questions

• The questions may change, so posting one here would likely not help. Show your passion and drive to succeed. Authenticity is key - achievers are welcomed with enthusiasm. Make sure you highlight your accomplishments   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Heinz (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

I first did a short phone interview which was very standard and straight forward. Then, I was interviewed by an HR employee, where I was asked some basic interview questions and about my background. I also asked many questions to learn more about the company and the changes taking place. Finally, I was invited for a final interview at the world headquarters in Pittsburgh.

The main part of this final interview was a three minute presentation in front of the CEO and the executive team! All participants were required to talk about his or her background and why he or she would be a great fit for Heinz. The rest of the interview day consisted of a tour of the building and interactive Q&A sessions with Heinz employees. Within four days the HR team got back to me with a final decision!

I have never had such a positive interview experience before. I think the presentation in front of the CEO and executive team is extremely unique. It really shows that the leadership at Heinz is very invested in the Corporate Management Trainee Program. Additionally, I really appreciated how open and transparent the employees were at the Q&A sessions. It allowed me to get a high level overview of the company before I even began work at Heinz.

Negotiation

There is a standard salary for participants of the training program.